The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! :: Chocolate Readings (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Nyama Possessor
View Profile
Veteran user
Under the Shade Tree
322 Posts

Profile of Nyama Possessor
I've been hearing recently about people doing "chocolate readings", I was wondering if anyone has ever done them and if so could you tell me a little about what a chocolate reading consists of. Thanks In Advance!

Peace,
The Krossbearer
The Honorable NYAMA POSSESSOR

Co-Founder & Co-Creator of MAGICAL REALISM, Owner of ANCESTRAL REALM PRODUCTIONS

* 17 Year Member of the Shadow Network * ICBM Alumnus *

Creator/Author of SUMMONING RUMI and numerous other underground proprietary releases...
Books, routines and tools coming soon, available only and exclusively at www.AlchemyMoon.com
Mark Rough
View Profile
Inner circle
Ivy, Virginia
2110 Posts

Profile of Mark Rough
Think tea leaves but with the schmutz in the bottom of your hot chocolate.

Mark
What would Wavy do?
Leland Stone
View Profile
Inner circle
1204 Posts

Profile of Leland Stone
Oh, man...I can see where this one might go...

"You appear to be concerned with new people in your life, strangers of unprecedented power and potential instability; these newcomers also seem to have sinister implications for both your extended family and your finances...oh, wait, sorry, I was channeling Moctezuma there for a minute. It's been happening every since I switched over from tea leaves to hot chocolate..."

Leland
Nyama Possessor
View Profile
Veteran user
Under the Shade Tree
322 Posts

LOL, that's pretty funny............but seriously, some cats are really doing chocolate (bar ?) readings, I'm just curious as to how a "chocolate reading" might go?

Co-Founder & Co-Creator of MAGICAL REALISM, Owner of ANCESTRAL REALM PRODUCTIONS

Creator/Author of SUMMONING RUMI and numerous other underground proprietary releases...
Books, routines and tools coming soon, available only and exclusively at www.AlchemyMoon.com
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2780 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
It works much like a gemstone reading. Many different chocolates are displayed (fancy chocolates, of different colors, types, fillings, etc.) the client would choose a number of chocolates that they are "drawn" to. the reading is done "based on what they chose." The chocolates are put into a nice box and taken home with the client.

s
Nyama Possessor
View Profile
Veteran user
Under the Shade Tree
322 Posts

Thanks, Sponge

That pretty cool! I like how the spectator, gets to take the chocolates home. This sounds like the perfect thing to perform for the ladies!

Osiris
View Profile
Special user
610 Posts

Profile of Osiris
Quote:
On 2005-02-24 23:36, Leland Stone wrote:
Oh, man...I can see where this one might go...

"You appear to be concerned with new people in your life, strangers of unprecedented power and potential instability; these newcomers also seem to have sinister implications for both your extended family and your finances...oh, wait, sorry, I was channeling Moctezuma there for a minute. It's been happening every since I switched over from tea leaves to hot chocolate..."

Leland

Hmmm... this makes me wonder if or not the local theater would like a unique promotion for CHARLIE & THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY when it opens??? After all, we are looking at some of the more fantasiful directions this trend could take us, are we not?

Then again, it figures something like this would come along just as I'm starting a diet...
Mental_Mike
View Profile
Special user
Canada
726 Posts

Profile of Mental_Mike
I work in a chocolate factory. Our town is known as a chocolate town, home of Ganong Chocolates. Sounds like it would go good in this town.

Mike
funstuff
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

Profile of funstuff
So where is there more info on these new readings?
Caleb Strange
View Profile
Special user
Manchester UK
676 Posts

Profile of Caleb Strange
Chocolate readings are something that we explore in 'Haunted Chester'. (Chester's most famous ghost reputedly haunts what is now the local confectioners, and her story forms the basis of a chocolate-box routine.)

Regards,

Caleb Strange.
-- QCiC --
kaytracy
View Profile
Inner circle
Central California
1793 Posts

Profile of kaytracy
After a google on chocology, I found this link
http://www.capanet.org/conf_highlights.cfm
there are others.
Kay and Tory
www.Bizarremagick.com
Nyama Possessor
View Profile
Veteran user
Under the Shade Tree
322 Posts

Thanks guys !!!!!!!!!!

KB

Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4712 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
There's a method for doing chocolate readings that appears in "The Collected OORT."
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
handa
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburgh, PA
1357 Posts

Profile of handa
Phil,

Aren't the "chocolate readings" your claim to fame?

Chris
Osiris
View Profile
Special user
610 Posts

Profile of Osiris
Quote:
On 2005-02-27 13:55, handa wrote:
Phil,

Aren't the "chocolate readings" your claim to fame?

Chris

No! That was the entrails of small children, last I heard
slangers
View Profile
New user
Denmark
86 Posts

Profile of slangers
Chokolate readings sounds nice. Maybe just because I love choclate Smile
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27302 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
For some reason I was thinking fondu, and the thing folks do with wax or lead to make shapes to be inspected.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2780 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
Yeah, I mean that would work and be interesting. you can "read" just about anything. just attach meaning to it and make it your system. having the client dribble chocolate onto wax paper and "reading" the design(s) works like anything else. that style might be best suited to a "personality reading"

s
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27302 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Just had a muse moment,

chocolates selected, melted, poured into selected mold... later a borrowed ring is found inside the sweet.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Mystician
View Profile
Inner circle
Wallachia
3485 Posts

Profile of Mystician
I hope this isn't something that's taken too seriously, it's borderline absurd.
Sounds like it was whipped up by the confectioner's industry as a publicity tool to sell more fattening goods in an era when obesity is being targeted. I can see it's use for Valentine's day, of course, but otherwise ?

"You have chosen the dark, rather than the milk chocolate. I predict you are lactose intolerant !" Smile
Just hanging out with the rest of my fellow dregs.
http:// www . phrets . com
Visit http://www.bizarremagic.net