The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: From Soup to Nuts :: What would you like to see in on-line magic sites? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
hou_dini
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

Profile of hou_dini
Let the shopping cart inform me if an item I am trying to purchase is not in stock.
Mystician
View Profile
Inner circle
Wallachia
3485 Posts

Profile of Mystician
A couple of things give an online dealer the edge for me:
(besides the obvious, good service, prices, etc.)

1) A good search engine for the site
2) Instant download means instant download, not , "we'll send you an email with a link tomrorow". Don't use the term "instant" if it's not instant. 'nuff said there.
3) A minor pet peeve of mine: when using forms, the cursor should autmatically be placed inside the first field to fill out. Most forms are like this. It's extremely annoying to have to manually place the cursor in the first field of a form, when obviously that's where it should be already.
Just hanging out with the rest of my fellow dregs.
http:// www . phrets . com
Visit http://www.bizarremagic.net
swaggie
View Profile
New user
Lithgow - Oz
3 Posts

Profile of swaggie
These are a few of my favourite things:

* a perpetual shopping basket (or wish list), so I can tag things for purchase and come back to them days or weeks later
* an indication of the shipping cost for each item
* knowing whether or not I can use Paypal (a logo or mention in the terms and conditions)
* good site search function (allowing boolean operators) + a 'site map' with a quick text listing in alphabetical order
* being able to navigate easily to page X of a section, also some indication of what might be on that page (eg: Card tricks, Page 11: Twisted Sisters to Svengali Decks)
* being able to see availabilty
* feedback and/or links to feedback (i.e. links to topic threads in the Magic Café Smile
* being able to list areas in various orders (most popular, by author, by trick, by price, by weight)
amerigo
View Profile
Veteran user
Can't believe I only have
318 Posts

Profile of amerigo
Definitely demo videos and also more competant reviews.If you are going to buy something by a sellers description you don't always get what you want.
Magic is Everywhere
Roki
View Profile
Special user
London
749 Posts

Profile of Roki
Are any dealers reading this ?
maxello
View Profile
New user
Norway
60 Posts

Profile of maxello
Yes Sir........
We do and we try to improve ourself as the way customers want.
We are here to serve our customers and we MUST listen to them even if I can not agree in everything they say.

Best regards
maxello
Arve Lisland
arvelisland@gmail.com
Roki
View Profile
Special user
London
749 Posts

Profile of Roki
I would be willing to subscribe to a site that didn't sell tricks but that did honest reviews AND linked to Demos that were accurate and did some kind of backward comparison to similar or better versions . This I would gladly pay for .If trick creators didn't want to appear on this site I would assume they had something to hide.
Would this be of value to anyone else ?
Paul D
View Profile
Elite user
NY
455 Posts

Profile of Paul D
I magic shops such as Penguin magic that offer when you purchase a secret room to chat with others that purchased the effect and that give a video instructionals with a purchase other than that they are all mostly the same.
Astonishment as Therapy...?
b-gann
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of b-gann
I think a honest description is really nice. sometimes they hype up the trick and it is a really bad trick.
Tyler_Magician
View Profile
Special user
509 Posts

Profile of Tyler_Magician
I think that free shipping is a big thing. I was about to place an order for $5 the other day, but when I saw the shipping price was another $5, I didn't place an order.
Another thing I like is owners who care about their customers. This is also true about brick and mortar magic shops. Before I buy something from an on-line shop that I haven't bought from before, I often send them an e-mail and see who they are. If I don't get a response within 1 or 2 days, I will move on. It is also good when they get in special items that they don't carry as soon as they can.
Wizzard
View Profile
Veteran user
322 Posts

Profile of Wizzard
I've noticed that a lot of comments we're about 'Free Shipping'. I know this won't happen, but do yourself a favor, Pull up UPS, USPS, FED-X and check the rates! I know, you don't have time! A Trick that weighs 5 oz., must be put in a shipping container (which is not Cheap) and packed (by Someone, who gets paid) a final weight is determined and priced by destination. It either has to be physically taken to a drop off point, or a pick up service is used (there is a charge for that)! Oh, I forgot the 'Fuel' surcharge that is added by the Carrier.
You know come to think of it "Free Shipping" Yeah Baby. I for it!!!
I think the dealers will only tack on a "Fair" amount for free shipping. don't you?
It is what it is!!!
Wizzard
It's never the wand, it's always the magician
Mike Brezler
View Profile
Inner circle
Waynesboro, Pa.
1114 Posts

Profile of Mike Brezler
1. Demos of the trick being performed.
2. Quality items and not cheap imitations made in India.
3. Variety... New and Old Clasics.
4. Great Customer Service... including fast shipping, and a knowledgable friendly sales team.
jwebyra
View Profile
Regular user
New Jersey
140 Posts

Profile of jwebyra
1. E-mail when the item(s) are being mailed with shipping number.
2. That when a item is ordered it is automatically removed from the catalog therefore when a person orders the same item later it will automaticlly give you a sold out notice instead of placing the order and later finding out it is sold out or never recieving the item and finding out way later.

Just my 2% of $1.00
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Video demo's are nice, but if you buy "holy moly" from Penguin you can access the instructional video taught by Jay Sankey himself. Much better than reading the instructions. A great service for a $15 trick.
Al
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
Jeremy L.
View Profile
Special user
800 Posts

Profile of Jeremy L.
Some how for the site to have the good old local magic shop feeling.
Jeremy L.
Do you buy ethically?
Magic Fakes
BlackTieMagic
View Profile
New user
Canada
13 Posts

Profile of BlackTieMagic
What do you guys think about other resources Online Magic shops could offer besides just selling products. Obviously a magic forum of some sort could be something of value, but what other ways can magic shops online provide value to magicians?
vanilla192
View Profile
New user
Ottawa, Canada
94 Posts

Profile of vanilla192
Ellusionist does free shipping on some of their items, they also give you a shipping confirmation email with a tracking number and dependinging on what you buy, they give out a lot of free stuff especially during tis holiday season.

they also have a feature called live assisance in which you can istant message a customer service rep instantly with all your questions.

they are prompt about correcting errors (which are rare) I once ordered an ultra smoke system and M5 kit from them and they forgot the smoke system, they sent me the smoke system free of shipping withing the next 5 days and threw in a refill kit for it. Smile Smile Smile

although ive heard a lot of people here on the forums including myself say ellusionist's stuff is overpriced, I must say that their customer service is exeptional, the best ive seen on the net