The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Street Magic :: David Blaine and Criss Angel (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
liltut
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of liltut
I have that book. I really like it, and highly recomend it. There are a couple tricks in there too.
ralphgironda
View Profile
Loyal user
291 Posts

Profile of ralphgironda
Quote:
On 2004-11-19 13:00, NickJegor wrote:
Ok! The Frozen in time you see at the one day he stands without any shirt, on the next day he is with the shirt! Plus the peaple at the firs and second day was the same!
About Above and Below! There are many rummors!
Plus it's imopible to be 44 days without wather and food!

um he did have a shirt tied around his body ...but I quess you were to busy dissing him to notice through the whole frozen through time special that you didn't see it!
Anders Moden
View Profile
Regular user
163 Posts

Profile of Anders Moden
I have noticed over time that for some it is very important to know that Blaine cheated. I wonder why?
Marco S.
View Profile
Inner circle
1017 Posts

Profile of Marco S.
Nick Jegor´s information is completely wrong. If you don`t know what you are talking about, then you had better not say anything.
Blaine did not say he didn`t drink of course. Just one example.
irishguy
View Profile
Special user
Ohio
629 Posts

Profile of irishguy
Quote:
On 2004-11-27 17:13, Anders Moden wrote:
I have noticed over time that for some it is very important to know that Blaine cheated. I wonder why?

Tearing someone down might lessen the jealousy? Maybe it helps certain people deal with their feelings of inadequacy? Just a couple of thoughts...

In any case, I will admit that I rolled my eyes a little the first time I saw his special because so much of it was gimmicks that could be purchased at any magic shop. But his card sleights are actually quite good. I don't really understand the animosity. He has done a great deal to revive magic, which had grown stagnant. If you don't like him, don't watch him.
juggler13
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

Profile of juggler13
Ya'll know what?I have respect for David Blaine.You guys can complain all day,but at the end of everyday,who is getting loaded with money?David Blaine.You guys have no clue how much money he got for all his stuff.
Che
View Profile
Regular user
117 Posts

Profile of Che
Quote:
On 2004-12-27 22:42, juggler13 wrote:
Ya'll know what?I have respect for David Blaine.You guys can complain all day,but at the end of everyday,who is getting loaded with money?David Blaine.You guys have no clue how much money he got for all his stuff.

Aside from that even, dude is a great Magician.
Irtaza
View Profile
Elite user
& Basketballer Ontario,Canada
458 Posts

Profile of Irtaza
Actually ANYONE can live for about 48 days without food.i researched on the internet.i also asked a sceintist and they said that anyone can live without food for about 58 days!

its amazing.But I think he really was on the box because there was a cam on the box and skyone were showing blaine live throughout the whole stunt.I believe that you could view it if you had sky digital.
anomali
View Profile
New user
sweden
7 Posts

Profile of anomali
Guys, The fact is that the stunts DB did is illusions!
Did he cheat? well.. I guess that's up to each and one of us to descide.
But, was he up there for 44 days without food? Or let me breakdown that question in 2 parts. Was he up there for 44 days? Yes. Without food? No.

Was he in the iceblock for 3 days? No, he uses a switch. BUT, still.. using 1 switch still means that he was in there for roughly 1 1/2 day.

But once again, we all cheat as magicians, that's what we do, in one way or another.
I'm not putting DB down at all, for using stooges or other tricks, the effect still remains, and in my opinion that's what counts. Presentation, and result.
In the case of magic the ends justify's the meens (excuse my spelling)
keep an open mind, but also an open eye
dengez
View Profile
Loyal user
USA
245 Posts

Profile of dengez
"Somehow I maneuvered it on, and it probably saved my life. I know that I never would have survived two solid days of that torment."

LMAO, I can't believe some of you guys believe these things. You remind me of 5 year olds. Of course he is going to say that in his book. I agree with everything anomali said. Although I do think he had a way out of that 44 day thing as well as food.
Erdnase27
View Profile
Inner circle
2505 Posts

Profile of Erdnase27
Omg hes a magician ok let him.. its the same as if you r doing a cardtrick and I say...
I KNOW HOW IT GOES .. dl here and there blabla so ur a cheater-_-
Zac Vee
View Profile
Veteran user
Traveling the world with
370 Posts

Profile of Zac Vee
David Blaine has combined syle , his body, his appearance and his mysterious way of talking and doing magic . All this together makes him the MAGICIAN, and loads of girls admires him, and he seem to have introduce magic to many people, he is also the first name that pops into ordinary peoples heads when talking about magic to them , or performing for them . This is what I have seen , and may not be like that for you guys, but he has the reputation, that many will dream for.Smile
peace, love and kindness.. no terms and conditions

1001 Magic Nights Blog
www.kasrani1.wordpress.com

http://www.kasrani.com/
Mystician
View Profile
Inner circle
Wallachia
3485 Posts

Profile of Mystician
Anomali,

Nice creepy avatar you have there, welcome to the creepy avatar club ! Smile
Just hanging out with the rest of my fellow dregs.
http:// www . phrets . com
Visit http://www.bizarremagic.net
Grimm
View Profile
Regular user
134 Posts

Profile of Grimm
The animosity towards Blaine is a curious sort of thing. I've heard people say, he's not a magician but a showman. This seems nonsensical to me. Most of any given trick is in how you sell it to the audience. I've heard other people complain that he doesn't use technically difficult tricks that anyone could do. Still the fact of the matter is, he does the tricks with the intent and ability of inducing a state of wonder on his audience. I think that's what we're all shooting for. Beyond that I can only assume that people are annoyed that he's getting loaded while they aren't. All I can say to that is, everyone knows that's how the entertainment world works. It shouldn't come as that big of a surprise.
magical65stang
View Profile
New user
Turlock, CA
73 Posts

Profile of magical65stang
I am sorry but as I read this I have to voice my opinion. Blain can do his job well, he has skill and has found a way to bring it to the eyes of the world. The one and only thing that bothers me is his levitation. He has put so many of us in a quandry because that is all people want to see. What he shows us on television is a fake. He can levitate but not that high. What I don't understand is why he would do that to us and himself. Anytime he performs his levitation he will never be able to get as high as the video. If you are curious why I believe this you can tell by the background that they did the shoot twice with different people. This bothers me because he has set the bar way too high. Can he perform, yes, but I believe he put us close up everyday in your face magicians in a tough spot. Just my opinion, and if I am way off, feel free to set me straight.
By the way we never really answered the original question which was...?
"I'm not a liar, you just don't see the truth."
Zac Vee
View Profile
Veteran user
Traveling the world with
370 Posts

Profile of Zac Vee
Quote:
On 2005-02-18 23:21, magical65stang wrote:
I am sorry but as I read this I have to voice my opinion. Blain can do his job well, he has skill and has found a way to bring it to the eyes of the world. The one and only thing that bothers me is his levitation. He has put so many of us in a quandry because that is all people want to see. What he shows us on television is a fake. He can levitate but not that high. What I don't understand is why he would do that to us and himself. Anytime he performs his levitation he will never be able to get as high as the video. If you are curious why I believe this you can tell by the background that they did the shoot twice with different people. This bothers me because he has set the bar way too high. Can he perform, yes, but I believe he put us close up everyday in your face magicians in a tough spot. Just my opinion, and if I am way off, feel free to set me straight.
By the way we never really answered the original question which was...?

I totally agree with you . The only and bad thing is that people will always compare us to David Blaine and expect us to do the same , which is like hey what the heck? Every time David Blaine comes to converzation, people around you will ask, can you lavitate like him ? Which is really annoying .
peace, love and kindness.. no terms and conditions

1001 Magic Nights Blog
www.kasrani1.wordpress.com

http://www.kasrani.com/
anomali
View Profile
New user
sweden
7 Posts

Profile of anomali
Mystician.
Well thank you.
What can I say, photoshop rocks Smile
you should see it fullsize Smile
keep an open mind, but also an open eye
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
Quote:
On 2004-11-18 16:51, NickJegor wrote:
Could you be more specific on that!
The Blaine stunts are not real except the only one Vertigo! The stunt Frozen in Time and Above and Below, he cheated on that!
If you wondering David Blain is not a magician he is only a Show Man!
Chiss is different! He is a magician but not close up, he is more Stage guy!

Blaine hater or lover you cant say he is not a magician. If he is just a "show man" than we need to change the name magician to show man. That would make Houdini a show man, Ammar a show man, The Professor a show man, Osterlind a show man. ETC ETC ETC......

Quote:
On 2004-12-27 22:42, juggler13 wrote:

What does that have to do with anything?? He has a lot of money. Is that what defines a great magician??? I love to read peoples arguments for and against David Blaine.
lane99
View Profile
Elite user
421 Posts

Profile of lane99
Go to Criss Angel's website, go to the "news" page, and you'll find a link to an article which talks about the rivalry between these two guys. I'm assuming it's not a phony "pro-westling" style rivalry, but who knows.
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4179 Posts

Profile of bobser
David Blaine is one of the greatest showmen the world has seen.
He has never ever cheated.
That's because he's a magician, therefore it's NOT called cheating.
But please guys, remember it's magic, he's not an idiot and has never ever done anything remotely dangerous in his life!
He doesn't have to, he's that good!!!

Bobser.
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.