The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Up in smoke! :: Fire Buisness Card (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
magicnewb
View Profile
New user
USA
77 Posts

Profile of magicnewb
I am looking for a fire buisness card or anything having to do with giving a buisness card and them lighting it on fire before giving it to them. "Hot Lead" by Jim seems good but I don't know if it is meant for someone my age. I am 15, can I perform this without burning the building down?
n3cromanc3r
View Profile
Loyal user
248 Posts

Profile of n3cromanc3r
Your going to have that same concern regardless of the method because in the end your still sitting with a card and fire.
Oli
View Profile
New user
Essex, UK
46 Posts

Profile of Oli
I'm sure as a 15 year old you're quite capable of using flame effects - it's whether it fits in with your style of performance and what situation you'll find yourself in. I used to use flash paper with a dove pan when I was younger than 15 but that was with a silent act. It's a bit different to using a flame in a closeup situation.

Much like you shouldn't use a cigeretta effect as generally, 15 year olds don't smoke (unless you live in the UK where everyone over the gae of 10 seems to!)

Hope that helps,

Oli
ClouDsss
View Profile
Inner circle
1799 Posts

Profile of ClouDsss
I though Flash products can only be sold to people about 18 of years? Smile I think there must be a reason for this restriction.

I would recommend stick to the restriction do other stuff. It is not the prob of you not being able to handle it and hence buy down a building. Its jus the possiblities of a mishap when you perform fire effects to audiences is very real. you will have a hard time explaining how you got ur hands on that pad of flash paper or hot leads if something happens as you are not pass the age.

There are many ways to entertain or hand out ur business card. Maybe try helicard or something.

PS: Remember "It's entertainment...BUT the hazards are REAL" as quoted by WWE.

cheerios

cheerios
Think outside the box, cos people are all thinking inside now!! - ClouDsss
magicnewb
View Profile
New user
USA
77 Posts

Profile of magicnewb
Hmm, I don't really care about the dangerous part though, I know fire=danger but will they let me do it in a convention indoor? lol I don't think so but this convention is in somewhere I think like middle of USA so I don't know if they will let me do fire magic indoors. What are your thoughts?
Slim Price
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 - 2006
1326 Posts

Profile of Slim Price
You sound like the reason the restrictions exist! Make sure your fee covers the thousands of dollars you'll need for damages and the additional thousands for Doctors! And learn to love the smell of burnt pork under your nose.)It's only about four weeks though...Hell it's a kewl thing... Been there!
sanscan@tds.net

"I will never bitter be, as long as I can laugh at me!"

"The people who were dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music"
magicnewb
View Profile
New user
USA
77 Posts

Profile of magicnewb
Lol so I take it then that I wouldnt be abel to do it inside a building? dammit then what is the point of the trick. I mean who is going to give buisness cards outside in a buisness situation. its usually inside buisness is done...
Slim Price
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 - 2006
1326 Posts

Profile of Slim Price
It seem to me that if your performance is effective your card doesn't need to burn..
The burn centers are filled with those who rationalze...
Been there!
Slim
sanscan@tds.net

"I will never bitter be, as long as I can laugh at me!"

"The people who were dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music"
ClouDsss
View Profile
Inner circle
1799 Posts

Profile of ClouDsss
You can perform a burning effect if you want but you must be able to take the responsibilities.

The fact is not with burning yourself (Which is bad enough). The problem is when burning someone by accident or something. And most shows require some form of insurance if you decide to use fire. Its not like you can jus start a performance with fire without the hirer's consent. Trust me, they don really appreciate you performing fire, esp in enclosed areas, without first informing them to take the necessary precautions.

If you really wanna go ahead, by all means pls do. We are here to give you advise, not to reprimand you. You jus need to take responsibilities for your own actions.

PS: Like what sanscan has said, if your performance is good, you don need fire. They would ask for your namecard Smile

cheerios
Think outside the box, cos people are all thinking inside now!! - ClouDsss
magicnewb
View Profile
New user
USA
77 Posts

Profile of magicnewb
Lol I see, I should probably ask them person if they would allow fire huh and second yea, I don't really need fire magic for a good show, fire just gives an extra boost.
web
View Profile
New user
Roanoke, VA.
25 Posts

Profile of web
The idea of the hot leads is when someone asks for your buisness card, you have a memorable way to hand it out. Not a way to make people take your card. I've used it indoors for a long time and have never had any problems.
Shaner316
View Profile
Loyal user
St. Catharines, ON. Canada
213 Posts

Profile of Shaner316
I recently purchased Hot Leads myself. Does anyone have trouble with the gimmick??

Mine seems really stiff and is hard to get to work (At least going by the handling in the instructions)

Any help is appreciated as always.
BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
America’s North Coast, Ohio
3176 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
If you are performing magic, especially with fire, 1. you had better have the permission of the venue, and 2. you had better have performing insurance that covers fire in your act. If you cant say yes to both of these, you shouldn't be doing magic with fire.

BroDavid
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
Mystician
View Profile
Inner circle
Wallachia
3485 Posts

Profile of Mystician
It's not quite the same thing, but you can always go electronic.
Maybe try using Flash Burst instead, and produce the card while everyone is still blinded ;-)
You can some info on that on another current topic in this forum.
Just hanging out with the rest of my fellow dregs.
http:// www . phrets . com
Visit http://www.bizarremagic.net
BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
America’s North Coast, Ohio
3176 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
I find that FISM Flash or Flash Burst work very well in a lot of circumstance where I used to use fire.

It really is better than fire in that you are clean through it all (If you have a FISM FLash or the Flash Burst with a toe switch) and have full use of both hands.

BroDavid
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.