The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rectangles and pentagons and squares, oh my! :: Origami Bunny in Hat (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Neznarf
View Profile
Inner circle
NY then AZ now
1840 Posts

Profile of Neznarf
I had my buddy make a bunny bill from a jumbo dollar.

With that and celebration of sides video, that is how I learned to make them.

If a client gives me a tip they get a bunny bill from me as a gift.

The way I flatten them out is carry them in my wallet for a while and they
are flat as can be.
"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."
jquackc
View Profile
Loyal user
JC - Denver
218 Posts

Profile of jquackc
I know this is an old thread but Eric Mead's book Tangled Web mentions the Bunny-Bill fold and creates a little swindle out of it. IT's a very cool idea and I can think of many places to use it. THat's all I'll say, but he references the oragami to Robert Neale's book Folding Money Fooling (1997, pg 130).

peas out

JC
JC

www.jquackc.com
myspace.com/jquackc

It's coming...QUACK... a new ebook from the fallible mind of JC... April 2048... groundbreaking material... limited edition... only 200 will be sold. Starting at $47... Preorder your copy toda
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3631 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
Hrm trying to find a resource for just the bunny bill fold low on cash for the full 50 dollar book anyone got any resources?
leftytheclown
View Profile
Loyal user
Illinois
255 Posts

Profile of leftytheclown
Check at Magic Incorporated for the original Neale Pamphlet. The instructions are not as easy to follow as later manuscripts, but if I can figure it out, so can you! It should be fairly cheap. You might also try ABEbooks.com. Good luck.
Lefty (aka) Sterling Dare
Author: Money Menagerie
Book and DVD
airship
View Profile
Inner circle
In my day, I have driven
1594 Posts

Profile of airship
Neale's 'Folding Money Fooling' is, indeed, available from Genii, at $35.

http://geniimagazine.com/kaufman/store/html/25.html
'The central secret of conjuring is a manipulation of interest.' - Henry Hay
Michigan Magician
View Profile
New user
Lansing, Michigan
8 Posts

Profile of Michigan Magician
Quote:
On 2005-01-15 18:47, Paul Chosse wrote:
Check with Magic, Inc., in Chicago. They used to sell the manuscript for 5.00!

Best, PSC

I just received the Bunny Bill from Magic, Inc and it's now $10. I was unable to fold my bunny on the first try.
tom_stamm
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles
248 Posts

Profile of tom_stamm
"If you are really into folding, you can look at the dollar bill "jack in the box" in Paul Harris' AOA. I'm not sure which book. It's not easy, but it is nice. After several squashed dollars (frustration index lowers with age), I folded one, then two, then 3 and finally memorized it. Happy folding."

The Jack-in-the-Box can be found in "The Complete Origami" by Eric Kenneway. Great Book BTW - sort of an encyclopedia of origami and like arts.

The Jack-in-the-Box starts with a 1x2 rectangle - US dollar bills are slightly longer. You can simply add an extra box pleat in Jack's neck to take up the extra space. Someone once asked be to fold one from $100 bill.

Its not a beginners fold. The folding quickly goes three dimensional after you start folding the box, but it is well worth the effort. A great favorite - takes about 10-15 minutes to fold.
Just Some Guy.

"For Seven Tons of the King's Tea,
Six Fine Ladies to Fight a Great Jackass -- me."
Judah Vee
View Profile
Special user
of the JV Naughty Vanish....
884 Posts

Profile of Judah Vee
Mr. Neale apparently allowed his bunny bill to be printed here:

http://www.avnertheeccentric.com/bunny_bill.html

I got mine to work on the first fold!!
I don't care how fast or slow you are.... As long as I am faster.. -J-
Neznarf
View Profile
Inner circle
NY then AZ now
1840 Posts

Profile of Neznarf
Robert Neal's "Butterfly" is great also.

You can keep it in your wallet.

But the best thing is, you can animate it and make
the wings move.
"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."
moualb
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of moualb
Daniel Garcia does this kind of routine. Very nice moment of poetry when the wings start to move and suddendly fly for a few seconds.
moualb
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of moualb
Neal's bunny bill is explained too in the world's greatest magic serie : Money Magic. But this is the only origami in the dvd , the rest is magic routines performed with dollar bills.
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2826 Posts

Profile of John Long
Quote:
On 2008-08-05 05:13, Judah Vee wrote:
Mr. Neale apparently allowed his bunny bill to be printed here:

http://www.avnertheeccentric.com/bunny_bill.html

I got mine to work on the first fold!!

That address seems to have changed to
http://www.avnertheeccentric.com/bunny_bill.php
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
wa-na-be
View Profile
Veteran user
355 Posts

Profile of wa-na-be
I see this is pretty old, but I have bought the bunny bill book, and the greater magic DVD. Unfortunately when Mr Neal does the folds for the ears his hands cover the view and the book is also unclear to me. I have been practicing on large size dollars and get all the way to the ears and than I lose it. Any help out there?

Thanks
Chris
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2826 Posts

Profile of John Long
I made mine based upon the pdf in the link I gave, it is probably the same as what you have in the book.

It took me a long time, and some experimentation. I finaly got it to work, but I don't think I would be of much help.

If I remember right, the directions gave alternate ways to do certain folds (for right vs. left side). Since the end was the same, I used the same method for each side. I this is where you are, you might look for the alternate method, it may be easier for you.

John
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
Joey Stalin
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1072 Posts

Profile of Joey Stalin
I made one just the other day. I have it kind of flattening out at the moment.

I may have done something wrong, cause I have to practically fold the thing in half to get the rabbit to pop up.
-A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.
-It is easier to fight for one's principles than to live up to them.
-The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything.

See you space cowboy...
rjthomp
View Profile
Regular user
Pasadena
199 Posts

Profile of rjthomp
There's a somewhat easier (but not as nice looking) version on the TA dvds
-Rob
mindacrossrhino
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of mindacrossrhino
Very old thread this, but in case anyone is interested still I'm a big fan of Jeremy Shafer. He has a You Tube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6TKw9CLxc0 where he teaches how to fold a rabbit in a hat that pops up (and even Dem's how to produce this). His book Origami Pop-Up's: to Amaze an Amuse is also worth checking out as it has a couple of neat pop-up bunnies.

Jeremy is an Origamist (is that even a word) and not a magician but his books are a treasure trove for magician's looking for novel ideas to incorporate into a set.
That1MagicGuy
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of That1MagicGuy
It will actually be a great Idea to take a black piece of paper fold it up into a hat and origami bunny slowly appears from the hat.
Magic1
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles
408 Posts

Profile of Magic1
bubbles
View Profile
New user
The 5th Dimension
99 Posts

Profile of bubbles
Https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHiBL7hO-Uw

I don't have this so I can't speak to it's quality, but here's a folds itself version.