The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rectangles and pentagons and squares, oh my! :: Origami Bunny in Hat (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
felixjr
View Profile
Loyal user
221 Posts

Profile of felixjr
I'm trying to find out how to fold a bunny in a hat origami. Not sure if can
be done with a dollar bill or not. Looked on a lot of Origami website, but know
bunnys that pop out of folded paper hats.

Any suggestions or sources?

Thank you in advance.

Felixjr
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
I think this is probably in the Worker's Series by Mike Close.
Personally I prefer the bunny ears origami that is also in the Worker's Series.

It is beyond good.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Paul Sherman
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, VA
1511 Posts

Profile of Paul Sherman
I believe it's in "Folding Money Fooling", by Robert E. Neale, but I could be wrong.
"The finished card expert considers nothing too trivial that in any way contributes to his success..." Erdnase

some youtube videos
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10963 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Tober Neale also has a video the name escapes me at the moment,
however it is excellent and he teaches the Bunny Bill. There are many Gems on the video and it highly recommended.

vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17418 Posts

Profile of joseph
Try Money Menagerie, 2 dvd set, or the book, both by Sterling Dare, and found at Hocus-Pocus........
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
IanKendall
View Profile
Special user
Edinburgh
571 Posts

Profile of IanKendall
The Bunny Bill was published as a stand alone manuscript years ago, then in Bob Neale's Folding Money Fooling, and also on his video Celebration of Sides.

Take care, Ian
cataquet
View Profile
Veteran user
England
363 Posts

Profile of cataquet
Ian's reply is spot on... Two words of warning: (1) Begin with a crisp new bill, and run the back of your fingernail against every crease as you go along; (2) unless you are going to tell a LOOOONG story as you fold it, this is best presented with a prefolded bill (ie, it's not something you can do quickly).
Harold Cataquet
mike gallo
View Profile
Inner circle
1341 Posts

Profile of mike gallo
Find the Paul Harris manuscript on this if you can...That's all I can say!

Mike
Paul Sherman
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, VA
1511 Posts

Profile of Paul Sherman
Quote:
On 2005-01-15 09:00, cataquet wrote:
Ian's reply is spot on... Two words of warning: (1) Begin with a crisp new bill, and run the back of your fingernail against every crease as you go along; (2) unless you are going to tell a LOOOONG story as you fold it, this is best presented with a prefolded bill (ie, it's not something you can do quickly).

You could also do the old bit (I've seen it in a Roger Klause routine) of doing a bill switch for the pre-folded origami bill. Then you get a magical effect out of it too.

Paul
"The finished card expert considers nothing too trivial that in any way contributes to his success..." Erdnase

some youtube videos
Paul Chosse
View Profile
V.I.P.
1955 - 2010
2389 Posts

Profile of Paul Chosse
Check with Magic, Inc., in Chicago. They used to sell the manuscript for 5.00!

Best, PSC
"You can't steal a gift..." Dizzy Gillespie
Tim Trono
View Profile
Inner circle
1114 Posts

Profile of Tim Trono
This is the creation of Bob Neale and is described in detail in Folding Money Fooling by Richard Kaufman. We also included it in the video Celebration of Sides I produced a while back hosted by Michael Weber featuring several very clever creations by Bob. I would recommend using the video in conjunction with the text if you are able to locate it. The video footage is shot over the shoulder using a jumbo bill for clarity. It's a great piece.

Tim Trono
felixjr
View Profile
Loyal user
221 Posts

Profile of felixjr
Paul Sherman is Correct!!!

The Bunny Bill is in
"Folding Money Fooling", by Robert E. Neale on the very last part of the book,
Thank you for all the great help.

Felixjr
papawemba
View Profile
Special user
656 Posts

Profile of papawemba
Yes and it very well describe in Neale book. Also other great stuff in it.
I hope there will be a second volume Smile

Nicolas
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5480 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
For what it's worth, I found this version a month or so ago, completely by accident. I wasn't even looking for it. Not exactly the dollar bill routine, but...

http://www.professorwonder.com/magic7.htm
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Neale's Bunny Bill is much, much better.

Go to the bank and get about $50 in crisp, new bills. Start practicing. By the time you have folded about 25 of them you will begin to have it down fairly well. When you do number 50, you will almost be an expert.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Mind_Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
The Sunshine State USA
1252 Posts

Profile of Mind_Magic
You can but Robert Neale's Bunny Bill at http://www.origami-usa.org
Go to the Shopping Store and select Money Folds, cost $7.00
You can find interesting origami resouces at this web site.
leftytheclown
View Profile
Loyal user
Illinois
255 Posts

Profile of leftytheclown
Origami USA is a major link to many origami sites. The organization has a rich history and the resources are excellent. If you aspire to fold, this is a good place to start. They have several books for sale on a wide variety of origami styles.

Magic Inc. at one time had several books (Neale's Rabbit in the Hat for one) on origami. The compilation called The Flapping Bird by Randlett, Samuel is available from Magic Inc. and ABE books is one of my favorites. I also purchased Money Folding 2, Money Magic by Robert Harbin, and Caruba's book on money folding.

Robert Harbin was a prolific author on origami and my passion started with his 3 book series, Origami 1,2,& 3.

I also have a fond place in my heart for the British Origami Society. David Petty, a key member of the BOS, took the time to look at my models, when others in the USA would not, and unslefishly offered to diagram them for me in my book at no charge! Check out hiw web site: http://members.aol.com/ukpetd/.

The DVD series was Dennis Loomis' idea and with the super support given by him and Joe Oliverio it was completed.
Happy folding.
Lefty (aka) Sterling Dare
Author: Money Menagerie
Book and DVD
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
For those of you having difficulty finding a copy of the Neale book ("Folding Money Fooling")or the "Celebration of Sides" video tape, L&L just released a "Money Magic" DVD in its on-going "World's Greatest Magic" series. In that volume, is the Robert Neale presentation of the Bunny Bill (taken from the "Celebration Sides" video).

IMHO, learning this from the video is the way to go. (On this video, Robert Neale admits that learning the origami folds for this trick from his manuscript or from his book is very difficult.) The video (including the tips from Robert Neale and Michael Weber) makes this very easy to follow along and to understand.

Mike
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
leftytheclown
View Profile
Loyal user
Illinois
255 Posts

Profile of leftytheclown
If you are really into folding, you can look at the dollar bill "jack in the box" in Paul Harris' AOA. I'm not sure which book. It's not easy, but it is nice. After several squashed dollars (frustration index lowers with age), I folded one, then two, then 3 and finally memorized it. Happy folding.
Lefty (aka) Sterling Dare
Author: Money Menagerie
Book and DVD
Rebecca Travis
View Profile
Regular user
Vancouver, BC
110 Posts

Profile of Rebecca Travis
It is a very cute trick.

I practiced and practiced and did it well during the rehearsal, but remembering all the folding and creasing during the performance, while talking, is not so easy!

Bye

Rebecca