The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Ballooning 101 :: Best Balloon Pump (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Gideon Sylvan
View Profile
Special user
Deerfield, IL
541 Posts

Profile of Gideon Sylvan
Where is a good electric balloon pump for a reasnable price?
You know you are a magician when you have boxes full of lecture notes you have never read, but still are excited about going out and buying more.

www.gideonsylvan.com
RiffClown
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorktown, Virginia (Previously Germany)
1579 Posts

Profile of RiffClown
What do you consider a reasonable price?
http://www.tmyers.com/pump/battery.html
Rob "Riff, the Magical Clown" Eubank aka RiffClown
<BR>http://www.riffclown.com
<BR>Magic is not the method, but the presentation.
Scruffy the Clown
View Profile
Loyal user
Coldwater,MI
233 Posts

Profile of Scruffy the Clown
I have seen brand new ones on Ebay factory direct/Buy-it-now priced for around a hundred bucks. But not sure of the brands quality.
I wouldn't mind some feed back from people that have electric pumps. I'd like one for strolling around. I've been told that the big one stroke pumps are still the most reliable.
Any thoughts?
RiffClown
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorktown, Virginia (Previously Germany)
1579 Posts

Profile of RiffClown
I personally don't own an electric. I have a Pump1 from T. Myers. I don't forsee changing in the near future.
Rob "Riff, the Magical Clown" Eubank aka RiffClown
<BR>http://www.riffclown.com
<BR>Magic is not the method, but the presentation.
Scruffy the Clown
View Profile
Loyal user
Coldwater,MI
233 Posts

I like the pump one idea. I'm a firm believer in keeping it simple. I must admit, the idea of having one on me when a dozen kids see me working rubber is appealing.
I keep a little syringe style one in my pocket,for such things. It's quick, but a bit slow, if you are trying to make a sword, or a hat.
markmagic
View Profile
New user
KY
52 Posts

Profile of markmagic
Wally World has a small pump, 6-8" it is slow, but beats using your lungs, it is great for fitting in your back pocket. It is in the party supplies!
leftytheclown
View Profile
Loyal user
Illinois
255 Posts

Profile of leftytheclown
I like the Pogo from TMyers. It is thin, light and fills a 260 with 2 strokes. I purchased the ultra model (no longer made). It made my eyes water when I saw the price, but after inflating by mouth, I made the switch. It paid for itself after a 2 day 10 hours per day gig. Check out TMyers web page: http://www.tmyers.com/pump/pogo3.html
Lefty (aka) Sterling Dare
Author: Money Menagerie
Book and DVD
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3727 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
I used to own the larger balloon pump from T. Myers (can't ever remember if it's the Pump 1 or Pump 0)...but sold that in favor of the very best standing manual floor pump ever made for ballooning, the BALLOON MASTER PUMP. I was lucky enough to get the last one ever made by the originator/builder in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. It's wonderful, and doesn't suffer from the weight drawback that the Myers pump does. That's a plus for walkaround...also, when you lift the pump by the handle, it's designed to NOT slide down like the Myers pump. I may start making the Balloon Master Pumps myself, since they're no longer in production and the company (as far as I know) doesn't exist anymore. It's a very attractive pump, too...

Steve Thomas
Joe Howard
View Profile
Loyal user
The Peoples Republic of Massachusetts
204 Posts

Profile of Joe Howard
Cheezo at clownsupplies.com makes good electric pumps. He's been making them for over 20 years.

Majiloon.com has a great electric pump that you wear like a fanny pack.

The prices are reasonable for what you are getting, but they aren't cheap.

Joe H
bwalendziak
View Profile
New user
Connecticut
78 Posts

Profile of bwalendziak
Speaking of the Majiloon pump, anyone know what battery it takes. My finally won't hold a charge and I need to replace it.

Brian
leftytheclown
View Profile
Loyal user
Illinois
255 Posts

Profile of leftytheclown
T-Myers sells the Ballon Buoy with noise reduction. It is small, fairly quiet, and reliable. You can get an extra battery which would keep you going for quite awhile. I think it sells for $285 or so.
Lefty (aka) Sterling Dare
Author: Money Menagerie
Book and DVD
haccis
View Profile
New user
42 Posts

Profile of haccis
T.Myers Pump1 is best choise if you want pump up your 260's. With Pump1 you
fill balloon in one second, you don't have to keep breaks because your pump gets hot like hell (try to keep break because your pump, when 100 kids screams and wants balloon), you don't sound like a vacuum cleaner and most important thing to me: you can fill balloons allday long with it. (no battery's changes)
Scruffy the Clown
View Profile
Loyal user
Coldwater,MI
233 Posts

Okay..... Been a while since I last posted, Since then I've done a lot more ballooning.
I built my own electric balloon pump Shortly after I made my last post on this thread. It works very well and was simple to make. HOWEVER, It is unbelieveably noisy and very loud! It's very distracting when you are working in close quarters with a face painter who is bothered by the noise. I believe I built my own pump for about forty dollars, and it utilizes the batteries from my ryobi cordless set. It you used a sealed battery, It work work well also. I just adapted mine to use what I allready had availible.
In the future, I intend to purchase a stand alone pump I recently worked a event with another clown and when My batteries died after about three hours of solid twisting, I used her T myers pogo pump. It's a great pump, my only drawback is that it doesn't compress and lock for storage. Other thatn that issue, I reall liked the pump. I would not be concerned about purchasing it. It's a top quality unit, I would be concerned about some one accidentaly tripping over it and breaking it.
mjeayres
View Profile
New user
UK
94 Posts

Profile of mjeayres
Qualatex do a nice line in pumps both electric and hand pumps.
You can find your nearest dealer at http://www.qualatex.com.
mfreno
View Profile
New user
Dexter, Michigan
72 Posts

Profile of mfreno
I agree with mjeayres. Qualatex has some of the better hand pumps I've used. It can blow a #350 balloon quickly. You can search for a local distributor at http://www.qualatex.com
sb
View Profile
Special user
567 Posts

Profile of sb
Majiloon.com

They just came out with a new single unit. It is less expensive than their old units. I have an old one and have never had a problem with it.

scott
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3727 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
I'm interested in knowing how many people would want a really great balloon pump if I started producing one similar to the (no longer being made) Balloon Master pump. It's a manual, standing pump, with a lot of features making it more convenient and usable than the (very good quality) things from T. Myers. Lighter, and when picked up by the handle, doesn't SLIDE apart...

Anybody interested in getting one of these?

Steve
John Macmillan
View Profile
Loyal user
Vancouver, BC
226 Posts

Profile of John Macmillan
I could be interested. What kind of price would you be looking at? If you have already made a prototype can we see a picture of it?

John
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3727 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
Sent a pic to John...what do ya think?

Steve
John Macmillan
View Profile
Loyal user
Vancouver, BC
226 Posts

Profile of John Macmillan
I liked the solid looks of the pump in the picture you sent.