The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Announcements (Please Read) :: Just for Café members! (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Richard Lucas
View Profile
Special user
TX fornow- MemberMagicCastle'65-'88
737 Posts

Profile of Richard Lucas
After a nightmare with a "Webmaster" I switched to Mary to up-date my web site: http://www.realminiatures.com I can say that I am well pleased and find the cost to be very reasonable.

Try Mary, you will like her work. A real professional and a real lady.

<Mary?> I hope this helps. Richard
"The only difference between a Card Cheat and a Magician is that the Magician shows off.".......... Jay Ose 1965

Dicklucas
realmagician
View Profile
New user
U.S.A.
1 Post

Profile of realmagician
Hi. I am new to The Magic Café, but I am not at all new to magic. I look forward to partaking in the discussions here. Anyway, here is my question. If you use a free internet server such as Yahoo!'s Geocities, your URL is http://www.geocities.com/yourscreenname. Could this be used in conjunction with the GMB Webworks plan, or do you need to have your own domain name? Thanks. Take care.
Mary B.
View Profile
Café Tech Advisor
Howard City, Michigan
626 Posts

Profile of Mary B.
Hi realmagician,

To use the GMB WebWorks plan, you need to have your own domain name. The registrar we use charges a mere $15.00/year for domain name registration. Some other registrars charge less than that, but we like ours for the ease of use and noticeable lack of problems. What you are getting with the free webspace such as Geocities is a subdomain. It's a completely different setup.

I'd like to thank all you guys for the compliments! Those are always nice to hear. Smile
mshanker
View Profile
New user
Frankfort, KY
84 Posts

Profile of mshanker
After reading all the posts, I'm convinced! I just sent an email to GMB to host my site. Incidentally, I was some of the sites that they host now and these were incredibly fast.

Manoj
Manoj
khuber
View Profile
Regular user
SLC Utah
125 Posts

Profile of khuber
GMBWebworks is the new host for http://www.utahmagic.org

Thanks Mary!
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8815 Posts

Profile of harris
Yippity Pick Up Sticks, we are still satisfied in 06.

Harris
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
Dr. TORA
View Profile
Inner circle
TURKEY
1439 Posts

Profile of Dr. TORA
Folks,
I have been hosting my website for 3 years with these guys. Thay have my top recommendations.
Yes problems DID happen but solved in the basis of amity and promtly.
Highly recommended...
You will never regret to work with them. An honest recommendation, they even do not know that I am writing this.
Magically Yours,

OZLEN TUNCER /Dr.TORA

Have you visited my new Website in English, yet?

www.magictora.com or www.torasmagic.com
magicleo
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of magicleo
Quote:
On 2004-12-03 10:14, khuber wrote:
GMBWebworks is the new host for http://www.utahmagic.org

Thanks Mary!
Matt Malinas
View Profile
Inner circle
Transylvania
1367 Posts

Profile of Matt Malinas
Thank you for posting this great offer!
I am currently working on my website and this hosting deal is amazing.

-Matt
The masters make the rules, for the wise men and the fools
Jim Poor
View Profile
Special user
Fairfax, VA
676 Posts

Profile of Jim Poor
Is this offer still current?

Best,
Jim
EvanTheMagicMan
View Profile
Regular user
109 Posts

Profile of EvanTheMagicMan
Jim, I signed up a few days ago, so yes, the offer is still current.
jim_007
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of jim_007
No posting since March 2007, is the offer still valid?
Mary B.
View Profile
Café Tech Advisor
Howard City, Michigan
626 Posts

Profile of Mary B.
Yes, it is. Smile As long as the Café is here, the offer will be valid.
JustLoco
View Profile
Regular user
Los Angeles, Ca
111 Posts

Profile of JustLoco
Are there any kinds of Advertising, links, or pop up ads that are required on your site when using GMB hosting?
I currently Use Angelfire, Lycos at $4.95 /mo, for their Neon plan, How does yours compare to theirs?
I wouldn't mind the extra 5 cents to support an affliate of Magic Café.
Thanks Justin.
Gene
View Profile
Café Forum Developer
Howard City, MI
276 Posts

Profile of Gene
No, there's nothing like that. No ad links, no popups, no nothing. They offer more disk space and bandwidth than we do, it just depends on your needs. Their levels (1GB disk & 100GB bandwidth) are way more than anyone normally uses, but it looks good on paper. Check your own site stats and see what you've actually used, I'll bet it isn't even close. Still, if you needed those levels, their plan is a good deal. We're not an affiliate though, Mary and I have been a part of the Café since it was born, taking care of all the little things people usually don't see. Smile
Somebody kick me off the computer, will ya? Smile Smile
MagicMatt12803
View Profile
New user
South Glens Falls, NY
11 Posts

Profile of MagicMatt12803
Hey all...new to the Café and just read about this wonderful deal; but here is the thing. I'm thinking I'm probably way too late to take advantage of it. Can you kindly advise? If this deal is no longer applicable what would it cost now?

To be honest, I don't have a new website right now but am planning to get one together soon. In the past, when I was performing regularly, I created my own website using WebEasy sfotware and then purchased my domain name and server through GoDaddy.com.

It served my purpose well enough I suppose, however I haven't performed regularly in about 5 years because of my going back to college to finish my degree. NOw that I'm through with that I have been working hard doing research and attempting to put a new act together. I work primarily for family and kid audiences but do some street performing as well.

Please let me know whether the deal is still available. If it is, I would like to work with someone to help me get a site up that I can continue to build as things progress with my act. I have nothing right now but would hate to miss out on such an opportunity.

Thanks. I am loving these boards so far.

~Matt
octave
View Profile
Regular user
172 Posts

Profile of octave
Hey magicmatt check out their homepage http://www.gmbwebworks.com/. The $2.5 monthly plan should be sufficient for starting a new website. These days you have content management systems like wordpress, joomla and drupal (+ many more) which helps you add content to your site easily.
ernie guderjahn
View Profile
New user
Cow flop fairground
71 Posts

Profile of ernie guderjahn
This sounds great. Although I did not understand all the jargon related to web sites in your description of the services provide it sounds like I could bring the questions to them and get answer that even a boomer would understand. Thanks on behalf of all us 60+ers.
Ed_Millis
View Profile
Inner circle
Yuma, AZ
2292 Posts

Profile of Ed_Millis
Is WordPress available?
Ed_Millis
View Profile
Inner circle
Yuma, AZ
2292 Posts