The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Announcements (Please Read) :: Just for Café members! (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3783 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
I'm sure most of you are familiar with the Magic Café™ tech crew, Mary B. and Gene. They are not only very knowledgeable in matters of computer languages and software, but in particular, things having to do with websites and the World Wide Web. They are also our friends. Smile

I've come to rely on Mary and Gene not only for great tech support, but for their wonderful personal touch, they add to everything they do. Both are honest, hardworking people who put 100% into all that they are involved in. In todays hustle and bustle world, that is a rare quality indeed. Smile

That said, I got to thinking about all the members here at the Magic Café™. Many have personal websites advertising the services and/or shows that they do, others have probably thought about a site, but have no idea how to get started. In both cases, money and quality are both a concern.

I can tell you from personal experience in designing my own sites, it's not an easy task. Indeed, even if you have a great site, finding someone to host your pride and joy can be as difficult as executing a decent pass. Smile

Oh sure, there are a zillion huge hosting companies out there, all claiming to be the best, but in reality few can really deliver the goods. Those that do have a decent service, charge an equally large fee. For the average person, neither option is acceptable. To make matters worse, you may spend months of research, money, and add a few more grey hairs before coming across a really good company. Believe me, been there... done that! Smile

It might interest you to know that the Magic Café™ is currently resting on a server that Mary and Gene manage. They own a company called GMB Webworks. The company specializes in site hosting and design services.

Since moving the Magic Café™ there, most if not all our technical problems (downtime, etc) have been eliminated, just like magic! Not to mention the fact the price is right, and the customer service is as fast as lightning!

In that light, I feel I should share the wealth with the rest of you. I talked it over with Mary, and she has agreed to help with your hosting or design problems. So listen up! Smile

The following is a special arrangement for members of The Magic Café™!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you currently have a website, you can have it hosted with GMB Webworks, and receive the following:

• 200 MB webspace (More than you'll probably ever need!)
  • 2GB (gigabytes) of transfer (Plenty of bandwidth)
  • CPanel control panel (Keep track of site stats)
  • 5 MySQL databases (The Magic Café™ operates on only 1)
  • PHPMyAdmin (If you know PHP, this is great. If not, Mary and Gene have a support message board and suport ticket system in place to help!)
  • Unlimited POP3 email accounts (Need I say more?)
  • 5 Mail lists (Keep track of your clients)
  • CGI Bin (Have your own counter, guestbook,etc!)
  • 5 Subdomains (i.e., services.yourdomain.com)
  • Subdomain Stats (Keep track of which name works best)
  • Custom Error Pages
  • FrontPage Extensions (Handy if you use FrontPage and design your own sites with that software)
  • Hotlink Protection
  • Shopping Cart (Worth the hosting price alone! A must if you want to do Ecommerce)
  • 24/7 FTP Access (Access your site anytime!)
  • Anonymous FTP (Great option to have)
  • Cron Jobs (Don't know? Then don't worry.)
  • Many Pre-installed CGI scripts
  • Webalizer Web Stats (More options to track site stats)
  • Redirects (Gives you major control with visitors)

There is no set-up fee! (Most companies charge for this)

The best customer service and support you'll find anywhere! Period!

No credit card is required, cashiers checks or money orders cheerfully accepted!

All the above and more, for only $5.00 a month! ($6.00/month if you pay through PayPal). No. you don't need glasses, I did say Five dollars a month!
In the Internet world, this is unheard of!
You will not find a better deal anywhere, trust me on this!

Any member of the Magic Café™ can get this deal by visiting http://gmbwebworks.com/magicform.php .

You will need to enter your Café username in the form, and you will need to have a domain name. If you don't have a domain name, you can go to the GMB Webworks site and click the DirectNic link (their affiliate link) and purchase a domain there. If you do not understand how to do this, Mary will gladly help you. Smile

If you do not currently have a website... why not? Mary is a whiz at site design and can have a state of the art site up and running faster than you can say abracadabra! Prices on site designs will vary, but I promise you a great deal. Just tell her your needs, and presto! Smile

I strongly encourage you to take advantage of this wonderful opportunity, as only a limited number of new accounts will be accepted. So if you snooze, you lose!
:hotcoffee:
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
Chad Sanborn
View Profile
Inner circle
my fingers hurt from typing,
2205 Posts

Profile of Chad Sanborn
Thanks for the hot tip Steve! I am looking for a new host for my site. This is a great deal and I have already sent them an email for more info on signing up.

Chad
sweetcarl
View Profile
Regular user
Brussels, Belgium
120 Posts

Profile of sweetcarl
Thanks for the great tips Steve. By the way, can you tell us who did the design work for The Magic Cafe? It's first rate!

Cheers,

Carl
Official Translator to Christian Chelman and the Surnateum
Linguanet Quality Translations
techneeqs
View Profile
Regular user
Ontario, Canada
105 Posts

Profile of techneeqs
That's really a good deal, I'll have to contact them when I set up my fathers business online.
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3783 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
I planned the Cafe out, forums, etc and did the initial design, graphics, colors, logo, etc. Mary and Gene set up the software and tech areas. Smile
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
Jorge Gonzalvo
View Profile
New user
Spain
71 Posts

Profile of Jorge Gonzalvo
I have contacted them when I saw the great deal!

We are going to design a few sites in relation with magic, and it´s very probably that we will host them with this crew.

Thanks for this opportunity

Jorge
iluznst
View Profile
New user
Los Angeles
66 Posts

Profile of iluznst
Thanks for the information. I've partially used it in getting my website up and running. Soon I want to switch over to having them host my site. I used GMB Webworks affilate DirectNic to register and temporaily host my website until then. DirectNic is relatively easy to deal with, something that's nice for a change.

DA
Squishy-Squishy
View Profile
New user
Bensalem
14 Posts

Profile of Squishy-Squishy
I just contacted Mary about help us with our website. I know Pokie-Poke has needed one for several years, but I haven't been able to come up with a design that I liked. Hopefully these wonderful people can help us out! Smile Smile
DavidEscapes
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Special!
1003 Posts

Profile of DavidEscapes
Hi

Does the server support asp scripts? This is important for me as I use a few of them and I would not want to go to the trouble of rewriting them in cgi which I have little knowledge of.

Duncan
David Victor - The artist formally (and still occasionally) known as David Straitjacket.

My Website
Add me on facebook
Mary B.
View Profile
Café Tech Advisor
Howard City, Michigan
626 Posts

Profile of Mary B.
Hi Duncan,

That's a tough one to answer without knowing more about what you're running and how the scripts were developed. Generally, ASP scripts developed using VBScript won't work on our server. If they were developed using Perl syntax, they probably will work.

Please email me with some particulars about the scripts you're running, and I'll try to address your questions more fully. I'd rather not use Steve's bandwidth to answer questions not relating to Magic Cafe business. Smile

Mary
amagician
View Profile
Regular user
Hobart Tasmania Australia
160 Posts

Profile of amagician
Wow, I just saw this and it looks as if it might fix a problem I have with my newest site.
Hope I am in time.
I have emailed and look forward to getting the information.
For general info, I regularly visit a marketing Forum where one hot topic is hosting prices etc and I don't remember ever seeing anything this good.
Of course, since I walked halfway through that glass wall a few years ago, there are a few things I don't remember Smile
Have a Magic day
John Williams
http://www.ezymagic.com/
more tricks than you can shake a wand at
subscribe to our free ezine on site
amagician
View Profile
Regular user
Hobart Tasmania Australia
160 Posts

Profile of amagician
Two weeks on and my magic site ezymagic.com is more or less parked at GMBWebworks until I fix up the results of losing a hard drive etc about a week ago.

Mary and Gene have impressed me and not just with this deal and their exceptional service.
I posted on the marketing forum about their regular deal, not the special Café deal, and the feedback has been very positive.
So good in fact, that I will be upgrading to their regular deal and transferring the ebook site etc in a couple of weeks.

Can you read my mind? Can you tell I am really, really pleased with GMBWebworks?
Thanks, Mary and Gene, for a great deal and service above and beyond.
Have a Magic day
John Williams
more tricks than you can shake a wand at
subscribe to our free ezine on site
sdgiu
View Profile
Elite user
The Boonies, NC
456 Posts

Profile of sdgiu
Sounds like a good deal, but as a russian friend of mine once said, "I am a techno-peasant" does ("If you know PHP, this is great. If not, Mary and Gene have a support message board and suport ticket system in place to help") mean user friendly? I hate to sound overly simplistic but I need user friendly, if it is, then this sounds like a very good deal.
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6586 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
I am about as much of a computer techie as a Barbie Doll. Gene and Mary did my website for me very inexpensively and in a timely matter, with the stuff I wanted. I think it looks good, it has everything I asked for and the price is right! They are VERY easy to work with!
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
Alex W.
View Profile
Loyal user
211 Posts

Profile of Alex W.
Is this offer still available?
Mary B.
View Profile
Café Tech Advisor
Howard City, Michigan
626 Posts

Profile of Mary B.
Yes, very much so! As long as the Café is in operation, the offer is available to its members. Both the Café and GMB WebWorks plan to be in operation for a very long time! Smile
amshake
View Profile
Regular user
164 Posts

Profile of amshake
Here is a question; What if someone needed more space? 500 meg, a gig, more?
Magic Geek
Gene
View Profile
Café Forum Developer
Howard City, MI
276 Posts

Profile of Gene
We're flexible. Smile

Our "standard" plan is 1 Gig space, 10 Gigs transfer, etc. We would quote anything larger than that, but it is available!
Somebody kick me off the computer, will ya? Smile Smile
tasmagic
View Profile
New user
Australia
14 Posts

Profile of tasmagic
My update on this service;
It's better than great!
Mary (and I suspect Gene too but Mary signs the emails) have been extremely supportive.
I have upgraded to their regular deal, got my 3 domains across, they have checked various script things (that's the limit of my tech speak) I want to use, now I "just" have to populate the sites.
Highly recommended. Smile
Have a Magic day
John Williams
free fun books from
http://www.ezymagic.com/free4you.html
khuber
View Profile
Regular user
SLC Utah
125 Posts

Profile of khuber
I signed up for the service and it is GREAT!!!!! They had it up and running in less than a day and have plan on using all the services they have. I also will be recommending them to everyone I know. Smile