The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Not very magical, still... :: Info on refurbishing/sprucing up old leather wallets (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4248 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Thought it would be fun to find a couple of old 2nd hand leather wallets and try to make them look good - not looking at repairing structural damage (except maybe a bit of hand stitching, if needed).

Looking for resources re:

- Where to find. Ebay, Mercari, Poshmark, Etsy. Would love additional on-line, and/or a good general source for in-person sales, such as antique stores.

- What to use and how to use it. Assuming this will be liquid materials to apply to make leather look better and help protect and preserve it.

I'm just about to start with this, so I have little to no pre-conceived notions Smile I'll be checking online, YT videos, etc..., but the Cafe can be a great resource of info on lots of things, so thought I'd check here, as well.

Feel free to share your knowledge or a link to a source you're familiar with, thanks!
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5935 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
When I was a kid we rubbed our baseball gloves with something called Neatsfoot Oil. It gave new stiff leather a softer feel and a worn in color. It might help moisten up dried old wallets.
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4248 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
I'll take a look, thanks!
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".