The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Trick coin trickery :: Odd coin in my collection (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Wizardiam
View Profile
New user
Davenport, FL
2 Posts

Profile of Wizardiam
After over 45 years of doing magic and getting into the senior age, sometimes you just don't remember. I have a coin that is a 1983 Kennedy half on one side but on the obverse is an old 1940 English penny. They don't come apart and are one coin. I found it going through some old magic and have no idea what trick it would have been for. Maybe someone out there has an idea.
412zad0n
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of 412zad0n
Copper/silver coin
karnak
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
750 Posts

Profile of karnak
That’s a standard-issue Copper/Silver coin.

It’s not associated with any one lone trick, in particular; rather, it’s a multi-purpose utility item (similar to how an expanded shell is likewise a utility item) which plays a key role in hundreds if not thousands of effects (its uses are really limited only by your imagination).

However, its basic core function is to serve in classic copper/silver transpositions.
For a supernatural chiller mixing magic (prestidigitation, legerdemain) with Magic (occultism, mysticism), check out my novel MAGIC: AN OCCULT THRILLER at http://www.amazon.com/Magic-Occult-Thriller-Reed-Hall/dp/1453874836
Wizardiam
View Profile
New user
Davenport, FL
2 Posts

Profile of Wizardiam
Much appreciated.

Larry