The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Latest and Greatest? :: Evaporate by Henry Ferris (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Alakazam Magic Official
View Profile
Loyal user
262 Posts

Profile of Alakazam Magic Official
Quote:
On Apr 27, 2024, tophatter wrote:
Looking Forward Peter I just Ordered !

Thank you buddy. I'm sure you will love it!

Regards

Peter
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2579 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
I don’t see where this is available in the U.S. yet….?
Alakazam Magic Official
View Profile
Loyal user
262 Posts

Quote:
On Apr 28, 2024, MagicBrent wrote:
I don’t see where this is available in the U.S. yet….?

Hi BrentMagic Alakazam have warehouses in both the UK & USA. If you place an order on our site it will be dispatched from our US warehouse.

I hope this helps.

Peter
spudster85
View Profile
Regular user
Northern Kentucky
128 Posts

Profile of spudster85
You guys won me over... just ordered
LeoTheJet
View Profile
Regular user
177 Posts

Profile of LeoTheJet
Ordered! Looks amazing. I just recently picked up Decoy but after playing with gimmick, I don’t think it’s something I’d actually use (nothing has beaten Mirage or Fadeck for me). Here’s hoping this goes into my EDC!

Side note. I told myself three month ago, no more magic spending until magic live. I’ve spent over $1000 on magic in the last three months lol.
DJTR
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of DJTR
Mine arrived today, it's tremendous! Once you work the gimmick in a little it's even smoother. Superb.
Kenco
View Profile
Regular user
154 Posts

Profile of Kenco
Still waiting on my order to ship from US Warehouse cause they didn't has enough as advertise so I have to wait restock from UK oh well another week I really hope they can improve on their merchandise stocking,
I
spudster85
View Profile
Regular user
Northern Kentucky
128 Posts

Profile of spudster85
Quote:
On Apr 30, 2024, Kenco wrote:
Still waiting on my order to ship from US Warehouse cause they didn't has enough as advertise so I have to wait restock from UK oh well another week I really hope they can improve on their merchandise stocking,
I

I guess that is why my order has not shipped as well. Most orders I place with Alakazam seem to take longer to ship than other distributors. Often three or more days before the order is fullfilled. But, I guess it is ultimately faster than waiting for orders to come from the UK.
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3366 Posts

Profile of tophatter
Same here I guess that's why I still didn't receive mine yet ! Maybe Peter will respond & let us know.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6778 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Apr 30, 2024, spudster85 wrote:
Quote:
I

I guess that is why my order has not shipped as well. Most orders I place with Alakazam seem to take longer to ship than other distributors. Often three or more days before the order is fullfilled. But, I guess it is ultimately faster than waiting for orders to come from the UK.

I’ve had that same experience with the US warehouse of Alakazam. Some of the faster shipping by having it ship from the US rather than the UK is offset by the US warehouse often being very slow to ship orders. Hopefully they will get this sorted out soon.
Alakazam Magic Official
View Profile
Loyal user
262 Posts

Quote:
On May 1, 2024, videoman wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
I

I’ve had that same experience with the US warehouse of Alakazam. Some of the faster shipping by having it ship from the US rather than the UK is offset by the US warehouse often being very slow to ship orders. Hopefully they will get this sorted out soon.

Hi,

We did sell out of Evaporate on launch NIGHT in the US but WE are expecting more stock by Friday.

Sorry for the delay.

Kind Regards

Peter
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3366 Posts

Profile of tophatter
OK, Thanks for your quick response are you going to ship Friday ?
My Order # 103079 On 4/27/24.
peirceman
View Profile
Regular user
127 Posts

Profile of peirceman
I got mine today. I gotta say that I really like the thinking on this one. It is only as wide as a single card. The gaff is thicker than a single card, but not unmanageably so. Also, you will only show the face or back of the card, not the edges, so thickness is really not an issue. I think this will work both as a social media effect and in person. The gaff in "full deck" mode won't survive careful and close scrutiny, but then if you plan to perform it by telling your spectator to look at it really close and see if you can tell what's wrong with this picture, perhaps you should look elsewhere.

It is made out of paper, so if you are a working pro (which I am not), you may want to consider getting a backup. Using it shouldn't wear it out quickly, but I could see after a few hundred uses that it might wear.

The tutorial is cute. The explanation and effects are presented by the creator. It is clear he is not very comfortable in front of the camera, but he does a good job explaining the use of the gaff as well as some effects that you can use it for over and above the simple vanishing deck. Take the tutorial for the value of the effect and alternate routines, not the actual performances.

Considering I bought Level One and could never get the hang of it, I am very happy with my purchase. For anyone looking for a vanishing deck a la Paul Harris where you end with a single card that, while it cannot be handled by the spectator, can be observed on both sides where you end as clean as your gonna, then I would highly reccommend this effect.
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2497 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Quote:
On May 1, 2024, Alakazam Magic Official wrote:
Quote:
On May 1, 2024, videoman wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
I

Hi,

We did sell out of Evaporate on launch NIGHT in the US but WE are expecting more stock by Friday.

Sorry for the delay.

Kind Regards

Peter

Thanks, Peter, have experienced the same delay; so far US shipping is really not much faster than shipping from UK, at least for my recent orders, but thanks for the update!
Bschwart
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of Bschwart
This is very helpful, thanks.

If you just casually left the single “card” on a table, then picked it up and made a deck “appear” would that work or would it be too noticeable?

Quote:
On May 4, 2024, peirceman wrote:
I got mine today. I gotta say that I really like the thinking on this one. It is only as wide as a single card. The gaff is thicker than a single card, but not unmanageably so. Also, you will only show the face or back of the card, not the edges, so thickness is really not an issue. I think this will work both as a social media effect and in person. The gaff in "full deck" mode won't survive careful and close scrutiny, but then if you plan to perform it by telling your spectator to look at it really close and see if you can tell what's wrong with this picture, perhaps you should look elsewhere.

It is made out of paper, so if you are a working pro (which I am not), you may want to consider getting a backup. Using it shouldn't wear it out quickly, but I could see after a few hundred uses that it might wear.

The tutorial is cute. The explanation and effects are presented by the creator. It is clear he is not very comfortable in front of the camera, but he does a good job explaining the use of the gaff as well as some effects that you can use it for over and above the simple vanishing deck. Take the tutorial for the value of the effect and alternate routines, not the actual performances.

Considering I bought Level One and could never get the hang of it, I am very happy with my purchase. For anyone looking for a vanishing deck a la Paul Harris where you end with a single card that, while it cannot be handled by the spectator, can be observed on both sides where you end as clean as your gonna, then I would highly reccommend this effect.
peirceman
View Profile
Regular user
127 Posts

Profile of peirceman
If you had the gaff on the table and haven't performed with it yet, then there is zero heat on it. So, I don't think anyone would notice the gaff. To me the issue would be once you made the deck "appear" there would be a lot of heat on the expanded gimmick. In my opinion, you would need to switch it out for an actual deck fairly quickly.
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3366 Posts

Profile of tophatter
I got mine today ! Very nicely made you can show both sides of the last card left ! Flip it in the air it stays locked in place .I had them all in
my opinion this is the best vanishing deck !
andykean
View Profile
Special user
U.K - Now living in New Zealand Auckland
942 Posts

Profile of andykean
Waiting for mine to arrive in New Zealand , just wondering if you could combine with Tool by David Stone to end really clean when using the card box ?
Alakazam Magic Official
View Profile
Loyal user
262 Posts

Quote:
On May 7, 2024, tophatter wrote:
I got mine today ! Very nicely made you can show both sides of the last card left ! Flip it in the air it stays locked in place .I had them all in
my opinion this is the best vanishing deck !

Thank you for your post. I'm glad you like it. Also I just want to say that Alakazam now have Chris James heading up our US warehouse, so you will see a vast improvement on our shipping times.

Kind Regards

Peter
cardician5
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of cardician5
Peter N,

Can you please provide an update on Order 117188? Thanks.

Kevin