The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Not very magical, still... :: Life Span (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18065 Posts

Profile of Slim King
My 70th birthday approaches. I was told a few years ago that the average life expectancy for me was about 78 years. Now I'm informed it is only 76. Who knows what the average is to be? (Besides my Creator) Smile
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5935 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
The Warden knows. Smile Smile
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
When I played soccer, I hit
1778 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
A lot of my contemporaries in the music business died aged about 67, so who knows?

I never thought I'd make it past 35, and yet later this year I'll be turning 73.

With everything I've been through, it feels like I've lived several lives within this one.
Arthur Stead
royalty-free music and interactive routines
www.arthurstead.com
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18065 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Quote:
On Apr 22, 2024, arthur stead wrote:
A lot of my contemporaries in the music business died aged about 67, so who knows?

I never thought I'd make it past 35, and yet later this year I'll be turning 73.

With everything I've been through, it feels like I've lived several lives within this one.

Are you stick performing? I'll be up that way in July and August.... Smile Smile Smile
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
1778 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
Not performing any more, Slim, except for studio work. But always, still composing. In fact I've got as song on Ace Frehley's new "10,000 Volts" album.
Arthur Stead
www.arthurstead.com
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4860 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
My parents passed at 74. I'll be 76 this year so genetically I'm ahead.
Where the magic begins
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18065 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Quote:
On Apr 23, 2024, Dave Scribner wrote:
My parents passed at 74. I'll be 76 this year so genetically I'm ahead.

My aunts and uncles and parents all made it to their 90's but they were tea totalers... and me .. Not So Much. Smile Smile Smile
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16551 Posts

Profile of tommy
They say it’s 76 for the USA and 80 for the UK. I think Americans are taking more drugs than the English and more young Americans are overdosing as a result, et cetera and that might account for the difference.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
gallagher
View Profile
Inner circle
1169 Posts

Profile of gallagher
Slim, the 'numbers' are actually MORE(!), in your favour.

If you were BORN today, your Life Expectancy would be....76 years.

As your age increase, however, so DOES your Life Expectancy.

As we age, and survive 'threats'.....work place accidents, ect;

we have safer 'space'.

A 70 year old male, in the US, for example, now has the Life Expectancy of....84.5.

If you reach,...75,....your Life Expectancy will be,....86.2.

At 80,,..you have an Expectancy of...88.3

https://www.annuityadvantage.com/resourc......-tables/

One thing you might want to consider,....a sex change(!).

If you,....make 'the cut' tomorrow,....you'd be talking about an extra 2.4 years!..!!

....and you'll always get seat on the bus.

Life's a constant challenge...... : )

gallagher
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18065 Posts

Profile of Slim King
At 70 I'm not sure even with the miracle of modern plastic surgery I'd make a good looking woman although I'm barefoot in the kitchen quite a bit!!!! This information is quite enlightening//// THANKS!!! Smile Smile Smile Smile
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
I say live everyday as if it were your last.
This goes for everybody.

Happy Birthday in advance, Slim King! Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
1778 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
One thing I do know is that youth is wasted on the wrong people (myself included).
Arthur Stead
www.arthurstead.com
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18065 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Quote:
On Apr 23, 2024, Pakar Ilusi wrote:
This goes for everybody.

Thanks... We are having a Birthday Dinner at the Magic Kingdom Orlando. Smile
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Quote:
On Apr 24, 2024, Slim King wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 23, 2024, Pakar Ilusi wrote:
This goes for everybody.

Thanks... We are having a Birthday Dinner at the Magic Kingdom Orlando. Smile

Have a blast! Smile Smile Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18065 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Quote:
On Apr 24, 2024, arthur stead wrote:
One thing I do know is that youth is wasted on the wrong people (myself included).

But the memories??????? Smile
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21275 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I guarantee you won’t add a minute to your life by worrying about it as you hinted at in your first post. Quality over quantity has always been my goal. I don’t spend too much time doing things I don’t really want too, and don’t worry too much about doing the things I simply can’t avoid.

I have been unbelievably fortunate to have had the life I do. I’m only in my late 50’s and probably had 5 lifetimes worth of things I’ve survived. That was what made me so angry at COVID because after surviving all the things I have I’d be REALLY angry if I died because I touched my face! (No political stuff here guys just a joke ok?)

Slim you seem kind of like a live in the moment guy. Just enjoy the heck out of them while you do!
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18065 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Yes I do .. I want to visit your Mexican Cantina and have a shot of tequila with you!!!!!! Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On Apr 23, 2024, tommy wrote:
They say it’s 76 for the USA and 80 for the UK. I think Americans are taking more drugs than the English and more young Americans are overdosing as a result, et cetera and that might account for the difference.

So, I have about eight years left? Wow.
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16551 Posts

Profile of tommy
They have you booked in for April 1st. Smile
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16551 Posts

Profile of tommy

Tommy