The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The workers :: Bonsolopes for the Rebel Wallet (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
mrmagik68
View Profile
Special user
NYC
577 Posts

Profile of mrmagik68
Hello all,

My apologies if this post is in the wrong thread. I was wondering if anyone that uses Gerard Kearney's Rebel Wallet has found a local supplier of the bonsolope envelopes that are used to perform a signed card to envelope effect using this wonderfully crafted wallet. Currently, the only place I know of that carries these special envelopes are PropDog in the UK. PropDog is a great company to do business with, as I have on many occasions however, they're located overseas and ordering these envelopes from them is a bit pricey. I sure would love to find a local, US supplier that I can order these in bulk. I'd appreciate any information or leads on this. Many thanks!

Roberto
Original Card Clinician
Zauberman
View Profile
Veteran user
318 Posts

Profile of Zauberman
Same here....what I did was.
Take apart one of the supplied envelopes...trace it onto a sheet of paper....copy and print the outline on my printer with whatever color you want.
Then fold at seam and glue together using a glue stick. ( I actually made a tin template of the right size and use it to fold so the size is perfect everytime, which is important for this wallet.
As for the end with the contact cement....you can do this but I find it isn't always necessary especially if you are the one ripping it open and they take the card.
It's arts & crafts LOL but after a bit I'm quite good at doing this and can make a supply in good time.

I also have made a vast improvement to the loading device such that it doesn't slip too far in which I can go into if you like.
mrmagik68
View Profile
Special user
NYC
577 Posts

Profile of mrmagik68
Hi Zauberman!

Thank you for sharing your DIY project. It's funny because I too have opened a bonsolope and have thought about tracing it onto another piece of paper but I didn't figure out how to cut the template, other than with a scissor which of course, would be very time consuming, and then glue the appropriate areas with cement glue. How do you cut the traced outline? I almost always let the spectator inspect the envelope and tear it open themselves. And yes, I'd love to hear about your loading improvement. This is a great effect and every time I do it, people go nuts and can't figure out how their card ends up in a sealed envelope. Thanks again!

Roberto
Original Card Clinician