The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Latest and Greatest? :: Tricolour by Simon Lipkin & The 1914 (42 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
markymarkmagicuk
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
305 Posts

Profile of markymarkmagicuk
Its good to see the creator Simon Lipkin pop on here and help out, like Craig Petty does. I've just watched the Murphys video overview which gives more details, and I'm even more amazed with that drawing part working so well. How on earth can I predict 3 pictures and 3 colors?? He tells the spectators to draw ANYTHING that comes to mind. How in the world does a red pen conjuror up an image of a house, LoL. The odds of all 3 being correct is like placing an accumulator bet over 3 races, almost impossible odds! As mentioned I'll get one of these not for the color part but I want to use it to control spectators to draw certain things, that's powerful.
quantum_swami
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of quantum_swami
I also appreciate Simon coming on here to clarify some things. He more or less confirms it was a psychological force (that's my interpretation of "balsy" anyway). I'd have probably drawn a car for red, but house makes sense I guess - red bricks. Perhaps there are some alternative outs to that particular effect? Either way I doubt I'll ever perform it. The other tricks however I would 100% do. Looks like a few people have watched the instructions now, but I'll hold off until people have the gimmicks in their hands. Looking forward to reading the reports.
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
3255 Posts

Profile of NeilS
As I wear reading glasses I was just wondering if you really need keen sight in order to perform?

Neil
Luke Dancy
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1169 Posts

Profile of Luke Dancy
As someone that's had these for a few weeks I've been very impressed with the thinking that went into how this works.
Now our walk-around friends have a solid, and practical, way to perform this type of effect strolling!

This is definitely something you WILL use out there in the real world.
We're proud to have Tricolour available and shipping now. Click here to get yours
johndevacmaker
View Profile
Special user
652 Posts

Profile of johndevacmaker
I have had Anverdi colour match for a long time and it is excellent although pricey and brilliant for stage or small venues
So I could not resist getting this for a fraction of the price as I was struggling to believe all the hype and simplicity but so glad I did
This is so simple and practical for walk around
Well done Simon
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4544 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
One could throw in 2 extra pens after the first 3 colors are colored in
Tell them they've been making conscious choices and it's time for a subconscious choice, don't think about the pens, name a number between 10-100.
Add 2 pens in the mix. spread them out and do the Quinta force by Phil Smith and whatever color it may be they color in area number 4.

Just an easy way to add in that extra color with a fair looking force.
bpearce
View Profile
Regular user
143 Posts

Profile of bpearce
After watching the tutorial, I have to say Tricolor is super clever. The gimmicks are very simplistic in the best way possible. Theres no way anyone would discover it and the markers can be examined thoroughly. Unless you lose your pens and black caps, there’s nothing to go wrong. The color match has almost no memory work. Also Simon is pretty entertaining to watch. Tricolor not being electronic, needing a pen cup like Ditto and can be close up, walk around, parkour or on stage is absolutely brilliant! I’ve seen some folks already, this is the trick of the year (it’s still really early in the year though), but I can see how that could be the case.
There will always be someone better at some things than you are. There will always be someone worse at some things than you are. All you can really do in the end, is aim to be better than you were yesterday.
IMAGINACIAN
View Profile
Special user
In Your Thots
567 Posts

Profile of IMAGINACIAN
Based on his past releases, this is now on my buy list next month.
There is no better freedom than choice and no better choice than freedom.
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
3268 Posts

Profile of 252life
Quote:
On Apr 26, 2024, NeilS wrote:
As I wear reading glasses I was just wondering if you really need keen sight in order to perform?

Neil
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
fatal paper cut
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of fatal paper cut
Quote:
On Apr 26, 2024, NeilS wrote:

Neil

Yes, I'd be interested to know the answer to this question too.
dirtyfoucault
View Profile
Special user
UK
728 Posts

Profile of dirtyfoucault
So what you get, physically, is some marked pen caps? Seriously? That's it?
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
If only I didn't have a wife and a kid I would have MUCH more than
2825 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
I remember I bought the double lift. I couldn't even touch it. But it was worth it.
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
dirtyfoucault
View Profile
Special user
UK
728 Posts

Profile of dirtyfoucault
Woah, you paid £50 for a double lift? I just bought Royal Road
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
My fence has 20,
3254 Posts

Profile of magicmind
Will this be easy to replicate should you lose a cap? Is the tutorial worth the price as part of a package?
Memoryzero
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of Memoryzero
Quote:
On Apr 30, 2024, dirtyfoucault wrote:
So what you get, physically, is some marked pen caps? Seriously? That's it?

To be fair everyone knew that, you can also just mark the bottom of the indents on the pens.
You was always buying the routines as you are with most 1914 stuff.
However that is worth it rather than just get a friend to send you the tutorial.
I think that’s so wrong however that’s why people moan about what you get with this ironically.
dirtyfoucault
View Profile
Special user
UK
728 Posts

Profile of dirtyfoucault
I've bought every 1914 release. Never complained about what you receive. Then I bought HOT Smile

The routine looks ok, but not enough on its own to warrant the price tag. Does feel like the quality of their stuff has dipped since Lewis Leval went his own way. Mindhaus stuff has been superb so far.
Memoryzero
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of Memoryzero
Quote:
On Apr 30, 2024, dirtyfoucault wrote:
I've bought every 1914 release. Never complained about what you receive. Then I bought HOT Smile

The routine looks ok, but not enough on its own to warrant the price tag. Does feel like the quality of their stuff has dipped since Lewis Leval went his own way. Mindhaus stuff has been superb so far.

I agree with you I never bought it as I have an electronic version I never use.
I do have the Orphic wallet and the Shadow wallet and do love the tutorials.
This I was never going to buy as it’s a plot I have realised I don’t actually like due to average reactions.
That’s probably just me but the method was obvious to me and I don't even dig the better version.
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
My fence has 20,
3254 Posts

Profile of magicmind
My questions above are the only thing keeping me on the fence. We all know other methods, but are these manufactured caps or just clever m@#$kin$s? Therefore that leaves us with the tutorial. if caps are something easily made, should you lose one...the tutorial is what's worth the $$ or not. Earth shattering routines and thoughts like some of the 1914's have been...or not?
spudster85
View Profile
Regular user
Northern Kentucky
127 Posts

Profile of spudster85
Quote:
On Apr 30, 2024, magicmind wrote:
My questions above are the only thing keeping me on the fence. We all know other methods, but are these manufactured caps or just clever m@#$kin$s? Therefore that leaves us with the tutorial. if caps are something easily made, should you lose one...the tutorial is what's worth the $$ or not. Earth shattering routines and thoughts like some of the 1914's have been...or not?

It is incredibly difficult to answer this without exposure. I don't believe one would be able to replicate or DIY if one lost one of these gimmicks.
alexK
View Profile
New user
86 Posts

Profile of alexK
Quote:
On May 1, 2024, spudster85 wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 30, 2024, magicmind wrote:

It is incredibly difficult to answer this without exposure. I don't believe one would be able to replicate or DIY if one lost one of these gimmicks.

Strange, I think it's easy to make them yourself if you know how they work and you're average at DIY. For me, I could easily make one for a fourth color.