The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Latest and Greatest? :: Phoenix by Higar & Hanson Chien (52 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
magicday
View Profile
Regular user
198 Posts

Profile of magicday
I have placed my order, until today I haven’t receive any shipping notice yet. Anyone have received shipping information from Theory 11 ? Thank you
Grey
View Profile
New user
Vancouver, WA
51 Posts

Profile of Grey
I saw this performed the other night, and I got to examine everything.

Kapow! It was great to feel astonished, and the bill held up to my touch, feel, and visual cursory examination.

That said, I don't think I would hand it out for a souvenir as I'd imagine the gimmick could be 'sensed' given some time.

Don't let that stop you though, it is a magic trick after all, and with a little care, I think you'll be getting great reactions. I mean...David Copperfield digs it...
He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. Jim Elliot 1927-1956
Hanson Chien
View Profile
New user
Taipei City, Taiwan
57 Posts

Profile of Hanson Chien
Quote:
On Apr 23, 2024, tophatter wrote:
Yes Nathan it is the clip posted above were David Cooperfield replies "Is this For Sale"

Here are the full performance and trailer of Phoenix for everyone to watch.

I was about to make a post, but then I found out it had already been posted here.

I'm surprised by the early comments from those who haven't received the product yet. Knowing the secrets solely from tutorials without using the props simultaneously isn't ideal. Personally, I've always enjoyed watching tutorials while handling the props, and some effects even move me as I practice. I believe some things must be experienced firsthand, just like magic itself.

I think the tutorials produced by theory11 are very well-done, but due to the short duration of the videos, some key points are not mentioned. I will provide an additional tutorial to theory11, and it's expected to be updated in the next few days. Please make sure to watch this updated tutorial so that you can fully unleash the power of Phoenix.

Additionally, if you need currencies other than USD, you can check here: https://www.hanson-chien.com/products/phoenix
Magicalos
View Profile
Special user
567 Posts

Profile of Magicalos
Quote:
On Apr 27, 2024, Hanson Chien wrote:
Quote:
Yes Nathan it is the clip posted above were David Cooperfield replies "Is this For Sale"

I was about to make a post, but then I found out it had already been posted here.

I'm surprised by the early comments from those who haven't received the product yet. Knowing the secrets solely from tutorials without using the props simultaneously isn't ideal. Personally, I've always enjoyed watching tutorials while handling the props, and some effects even move me as I practice. I believe some things must be experienced firsthand, just like magic itself.

I think the tutorials produced by theory11 are very well-done, but due to the short duration of the videos, some key points are not mentioned. I will provide an additional tutorial to theory11, and it's expected to be updated in the next few days. Please make sure to watch this updated tutorial so that you can fully unleash the power of Phoenix.

Additionally, if you need currencies other than USD, you can check here: https://www.hanson-chien.com/products/phoenix

thank you for an uodated tutorial....3 seconds in on the old one....'HI IM WORM' was I the only one wondering who the fridge is 'worm'?
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
2031 Posts

Profile of Nathan Alexander
Quote:
On Apr 26, 2024, Hanson Chien wrote:
Quote:

DANG!! So cool to see you fool David. And so cool you got to even do it. Brilliant work. Looks amazing.

PS - I know you dealers are probably used to it, but still, how do your hands not shake performing for the master??
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2497 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Quote:

thank you for an uodated tutorial....3 seconds in on the old one....'HI IM WORM' was I the only one wondering who the fridge is 'worm'?

No you were not, LOL
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3366 Posts

Profile of tophatter
Any positive reviews yet ?
Michele
View Profile
Veteran user
Taiwan
303 Posts

Profile of Michele
I don’t heard anyone received it yet, Is this a Preorder item? Smile
trickyat86
View Profile
Special user
Pittsburgh, PA
610 Posts

Profile of trickyat86
Quote:
On Apr 26, 2024, Hanson Chien wrote:

Glad to hear you're sending theory11 additional tutorials. Past experience with your products, you go above and beyond with detailed tutorials, so it was a bit surprising to see T11's brief tutorial.
Magicalos
View Profile
Special user
567 Posts

Profile of Magicalos
Quote:
On Apr 27, 2024, dooblehorn wrote:
Quote:

No you were not, LOL

phew not just me Smile on a side note Smile I'm very excited for this to arrive
benbv
View Profile
Inner circle
London
2448 Posts

Profile of benbv
Will people not just think you somehow glued the paper back together? I guess what I mean is when you look at where the hole was, does it really look restored? Can you not see the small tears that are just being held back together?
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4323 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Quote:
On Apr 27, 2024, goldeneye007 wrote:
Will people not just think you somehow glued the paper back together? I guess what I mean is when you look at where the hole was, does it really look restored? Can you not see the small tears that are just being held back together?

That was my original thought as well or if it looks like a sticker covering up the hole.
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
jordanjohnson
View Profile
Special user
Hiding in the Shadows
594 Posts

Profile of jordanjohnson
I don’t have this nor have seen the tutorial but after reading through the thread here I am a little inclined to believe this uses a similar method if not the same method as a trick I put out years ago called The Wolverine Formula. Hmmm?
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4323 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
I purchased it and just watched the 16 minute tutorial. It is what I thought it would be but as several have mentioned, seeing and actually using the physical product will determine how this will play in a real world situation and how inspectable it really is. My 20 year old son said he wants to learn it and use it on some friends so he can do the field testing. Due to the cost, I will limit use of this for certain occasions. I'm looking forward to seeing the extra tutorial by Hanson and learning the additional subtleties and tips that were not discussed during the brief 16 minute original tutorial.
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6778 Posts

Profile of videoman
Fiddlin’ Jonny loved it!

In the coming months we will all be checking out any bills we might come across or receive as change to see if they have “Phoenixed”. Smile
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4756 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Cool that it works, but looks like you have to work/fiddle way too much the heal the hole.
LeoTheJet
View Profile
Regular user
176 Posts

Profile of LeoTheJet
Quote:
On Apr 24, 2024, trickyat86 wrote:
Ordered this, and watched the tutorial on my lunch break. Holding my judgement until the refill materials arrive and I can test it out. A switch isn't required, but if you want to borrow a bill from a spectator, then a switch will be needed.
threadman77
View Profile
Loyal user
297 Posts

Profile of threadman77
This was out 15 years ago - same thing??

trickyat86
View Profile
Special user
Pittsburgh, PA
610 Posts

Profile of trickyat86
Quote:
On Apr 27, 2024, jordanjohnson wrote:
I don’t have this nor have seen the tutorial but after reading through the thread here I am a little inclined to believe this uses a similar method if not the same method as a trick I put out years ago called The Wolverine Formula. Hmmm?

The product page on Hanson's site credits the Wolverine Formula and others for past versions of the effect/plot https://www.hanson-chien.com/pages/flame
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
2589 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
Wow, it looks like some versions are already sold out.

https://www.hanson-chien.com/products/phoenix