The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Latest and Greatest? :: Phoenix by Higar & Hanson Chien (52 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2497 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Wish I had not wasted my money on this, don't really care for the gimmick, and as far as I'm concerned it's not really examinible for any length of time. And I have not even received the actual package yet...oh, well
Haribopeep
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of Haribopeep
How would you know then if you haven’t seen it in person or handled it?
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2579 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
I did get it because I mean hell, if it fooled David Copperfield…..
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2579 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
Well I just saw the tutorial and while it’ll fly, it seems rather overpriced! Wondering how much lighting consideration is necessary? While the method does not tickle me at all with childlike wonder the way some tricks do, I have to remember that it is in the eye of the spec’s experience. Makes me feel like I got an inner Craig Petty rant in me. lol.
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2497 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Quote:
On Apr 25, 2024, Haribopeep wrote:

Ordered from Theory11, the tutorial is available once you have ordered under Theory11 account.
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
If only I didn't have a wife and a kid I would have MUCH more than
2825 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
Quote:
On Apr 26, 2024, Haribopeep wrote:

Can’t help feeling a bit suspicious about your unwaivering support for this combined with the amount of posts you have. Can you tell us a bit more about who you are and who you know personally so they can vouch for you?
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
coachawsm
View Profile
Regular user
161 Posts

Profile of coachawsm
Quote:
On Apr 26, 2024, The Unmasked Magician wrote:
Quote:

Can’t help feeling a bit suspicious about your unwaivering support for this combined with the amount of posts you have. Can you tell us a bit more about who you are and who you know personally so they can vouch for you?

Because he gives a positive review and questions a bad one by using a good argument, you call it "unwaivering support" and he has to send you proof of who he is? No surprise people get miserable in this forum.
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
3218 Posts

Profile of lunatik
When a profile is just created a few weeks ago, it does make most wonder what their intent is and who they are. Look at the overwhelming large number of 'new accounts' that are just shill accounts, so that is why people question it.
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3366 Posts

Profile of tophatter
I will stick with Pen Through Bill ! & I have all of them especially "The Perfect Pen"
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
If only I didn't have a wife and a kid I would have MUCH more than
2825 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
Quote:
On Apr 26, 2024, coachawsm wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 26, 2024, The Unmasked Magician wrote:
Quote:

Because he gives a positive review and questions a bad one by using a good argument, you call it "unwaivering support" and he has to send you proof of who he is? No surprise people get miserable in this forum.

Please read my post a bit more carefully. He "has to do" nothing. I'm asking him if he knows anyone here personally, so that we know he's not New Guy. Or read Lunatiks post above. It happens all the time and is a real problem. So instead of giving me c%$# you can thank me for helping this forum to remain a reliable source of info Smile
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4323 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Quote:
On Apr 26, 2024, tophatter wrote:
I will stick with Pen Through Bill ! & I have all of them especially "The Perfect Pen"

I will also stick with Pen thru Bill. No refills needed and you can use a borrowed bill.
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2497 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Quote:
On Apr 25, 2024, tophatter wrote:

Yeh, I have quite a few, I should have known better.
Haribopeep
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of Haribopeep
Yes no wavering support at all.
I just was one of the lucky ones who has handled the gimmick at Blackpool when Hanson showed it to me.
My comparison to Scotch & Whiskey was purely because I have and love it and that is examinable at the end too.
I thought from reading the thread very few had actually seen the effect live and handled the prop so I thought my experience of at least doing that would help some folks.
Sorry if it didn’t and you have to start your post count somewhere when you join.
My apologies for not understanding how it works on here.
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4323 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Quote:
Yes no wavering support at all.
I just was one of the lucky ones who has handled the gimmick at Blackpool when Hanson showed it to me.
My comparison to Scotch & Whiskey was purely because I have and love it and that is examinable at the end too.
I thought from reading the thread very few had actually seen the effect live and handled the prop so I thought my experience of at least doing that would help some folks.
Sorry if it didn’t and you have to start your post count somewhere when you join.
My apologies for not understanding how it works on here.

Your opinion and perspective are always welcomed and appreciated.
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6778 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Apr 25, 2024, dooblehorn wrote:
Wish I had not wasted my money on this, don't really care for the gimmick, and as far as I'm concerned it's not really examinible for any length of time. And I have not even received the actual package yet...oh, well

When watching the tutorial you think that there’s no way that could be examinable except in the most cursory manner. Although I suspect that you may be right in your opinion, I think we need to at least give the product the benefit of the doubt until we have seen it firsthand. Always the chance we could be pleasantly surprised that it is better than we thought it could be.
trickyat86
View Profile
Special user
Pittsburgh, PA
610 Posts

Profile of trickyat86
I'm curious if someone learns the brand name of the refill material in the future. While I'm all for supporting the creator, spending almost $60 at theory11 (product, taxes, shipping) is a bit steep for 32 gimmicks (or 16 if you do the suggested tip from the tutorial).
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4323 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Quote:
On Apr 26, 2024, trickyat86 wrote:
I'm curious if someone learns the brand name of the refill material in the future. While I'm all for supporting the creator, spending almost $60 at theory11 (product, taxes, shipping) is a bit steep for 32 gimmicks (or 16 if you do the suggested tip from the tutorial).

So the suggested method is to us 2 gimmicks per restore, 1 for the top and 1 for the bottom of the hole?
—Hakim, Loreweaver
Haribopeep
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of Haribopeep
USD is not my native currency so I very rarely handle them but it seemed restored and clean to me.
US citizens may beg to differ but I would buy it if it was available in my currency that’s for sure.
trickyat86
View Profile
Special user
Pittsburgh, PA
610 Posts

Profile of trickyat86
Quote:
On Apr 26, 2024, magicinsight wrote:
Quote:

So the suggested method is to us 2 gimmicks per restore, 1 for the top and 1 for the bottom of the hole?

No. You only need to use 1 gimmick for the restore. The suggestion of adding a second gimmick in the tutorial was to "make it more examinable".
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4323 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Quote:
Quote:
On Apr 26, 2024, magicinsight wrote:
Quote:

No. You only need to use 1 gimmick for the restore. The suggestion of adding a second gimmick in the tutorial was to "make it more examinable".

Thank you for the clarification and for the additional potential cost factor.
—Hakim, Loreweaver