The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Latest and Greatest? :: Phoenix by Higar & Hanson Chien (52 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
trickyat86
View Profile
Special user
Pittsburgh, PA
610 Posts

Profile of trickyat86
Hanson Chien posted a teaser for what looks to be a new pen thru bill. Reminds me a lot of Vanni Bossi's pen thru bill restore. https://youtube.com/shorts/syfvP8XcZK0?si=UFmzFVwTycMRAYOG

Release Date: April 24, 2024

Available in 7 different banknotes:
USD/EUR/KRW/MYR/SGD/RMB/TWD
*USD is exclusively sold by theory11
theoriginalman
View Profile
Regular user
184 Posts

Profile of theoriginalman
This looks almost too good to be true,bu if the bill can be fully examined, its a winner. I recall an effect that was similar called: The Wolverine Formula by Jordan Johnson.

x3magic
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of x3magic
Oh wow! it's extremely rare that a gimmick be made available in my country's currency.
i skipped a lot of coin & money magic because gimmicks are only available in USD and no one use that here. good to see diversity.
Believe, and the magic will follow
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3366 Posts

Profile of tophatter
Wow ! I watched a clip on Youtube of the performance from Blackpool fooled me badly ! Usually it's the Pen but not here !
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
2031 Posts

Profile of Nathan Alexander
Quote:
On Apr 19, 2024, tophatter wrote:
Wow ! I watched a clip on Youtube of the performance from Blackpool fooled me badly ! Usually it's the Pen but not here !

It does look so good. Do you have the link to the clip? Or is it the one posted above?
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5204 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
Great illusion. Like it very much. Can yo examine the bill afterwards? And, how much will it cost?
dj
View Profile
Inner circle
1190 Posts

Profile of dj
Yes, it looks like Vanni Bossi's Pencil Through Bill with the difference that Vanni Bossi's method uses an unprepared, regular bill.

Pencil Through Bill by Vanni Bossi:

Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3082 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
I never got Vanni’s trick to look great, certainly not examinable in my experience. No comment on this effect.
trickyat86
View Profile
Special user
Pittsburgh, PA
610 Posts

Profile of trickyat86
Quote:
On Apr 19, 2024, Kjellstrom wrote:
Great illusion. Like it very much. Can yo examine the bill afterwards? And, how much will it cost?

Hanson posted on Instagram stories, $39.95 good for 32 performances and bill can be handed out afterwards.
rowland
View Profile
Inner circle
1528 Posts

Profile of rowland
Not available for uk currency which is a shame but not surprising
dj
View Profile
Inner circle
1190 Posts

Profile of dj
Quote:

Yes, but after the switch.
That's also the case with the Vanni Bossi`s version.

Which version is better?
If I have to switch the bill, then the Vanni Bossi version is better for me, because it can be performed impromptu with any bill.
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3366 Posts

Profile of tophatter
Didn't David Blaine perform this on his TV special only with a cigarette it looks the same.
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
If only I didn't have a wife and a kid I would have MUCH more than
2825 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
I hate having to buy refills.
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
If only I didn't have a wife and a kid I would have MUCH more than
2825 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
I change cards often, too. But there’s limit to stuff I want to keep track of “how much of these do I have left”. Also so many refills are not very reliably stocked. Can’t count the times anymore where I realized I had two more months worth of refills, ordered some and then they were out of stock and I had to wait half a year or more. The only exception for me these days are really special souvenirs, like the cube in bottle. Otherwise it’s just not worth the hassle or money for me. So many exceptional routines that don’t require them and are just as impactful.
But… that’s just my 2 cts.
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3366 Posts

Profile of tophatter
Yes Nathan it is the clip posted above were David Cooperfield replies "Is this For Sale"
LeoTheJet
View Profile
Regular user
176 Posts

Profile of LeoTheJet
Pen or pencil through bill is a great illusion but has never been for me. I’ve owned and sold every version… I think it’s the moving parts and (lack of) accuracy on my part… but this intrigues me. I’ll definitely be picking it up.
trickyat86
View Profile
Special user
Pittsburgh, PA
610 Posts

Profile of trickyat86
Version using US bills now available at Theory11 https://store.theory11.com/products/phoenix
trickyat86
View Profile
Special user
Pittsburgh, PA
610 Posts

Profile of trickyat86
Ordered this, and watched the tutorial on my lunch break. Holding my judgement until the refill materials arrive and I can test it out. A switch isn't required, but if you want to borrow a bill from a spectator, then a switch will be needed.
Magicalos
View Profile
Special user
567 Posts

Profile of Magicalos
Debaitng on pulling the trigger on this...looks really good....
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2724 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Quote:
On Apr 19, 2024, dj wrote:
Quote:

Yes, but after the switch.
That's also the case with the Vanni Bossi`s version.

Which version is better?
If I have to switch the bill, then the Vanni Bossi version is better for me, because it can be performed impromptu with any bill.

I've never had to switch with Vanni's.

Best

Steve
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "