The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Latest and Greatest? :: The Algorithm (11 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10800 Posts

Profile of saysold1
This looks very very strong.
I’m a big fan of their last release Akronym, and this one seems to have the involvement of Gregory Wilson.

From the ad copy:

The Algorithm
An effect this good is almost unfair. Almost.

What if you could access a piece of technology so advanced that it can instantly determine what card a spectator is thinking of?

A routine so deceptive that by the time you've completed the first phase, you're already five moves ahead of your audience?

A hidden principle so powerful that you’ll actually fool yourself… even when you know how it works?

THE ALGORITHM is all that — and more.
Imagine you've got nothing on you, not even your cell phone, and you want to present an effect: instead of a quick trick, Akronym lets you perform a real routine.
You're a close-up performer and you want an impactful and personal effect, that's comfortable to present, and requires no pocket space: Akronym will immediately find its place in your repertoire.
If you're on stage in front of a large corporate audience and want a personalized revelation of the company's name: Akronym is ideal.

Currently works in both English and French.
THE ALGORITHM is not just a routine. It's a four-phase act that's always ready to go.

Imagine the following:
- The audience shuffles a deck and pulls out any five cards at random.
- You load up The Algorithm on a borrowed smartphone.
- The spectator enters any four of the chosen cards into The Algorithm.
- The Algorithm processes the data and reveals the unknown card… with 100% accuracy.

That’s interesting enough on its own, but to really demolish the critics, you’re gonna need to do it again. So you do.

But this time, you up the odds:
- The audience chooses any four cards this time.
- The spectator enters any threeof the chosen cards into The Algorithm.
- The Algorithm processes the data and reveals the unknown card… with 100% accuracy.
It really is that straight-forward.

But it doesn’t end there. You repeat the feat yet again, with just three cards. Two of them are entered… and once again, the third is revealed with 100% accuracy.

What your audience just witnessed has now left the space of statistical improbability and entered a realm of downright impossibility. And just as their brains begin to catch up…

The Algorithm predicts the location and order of every single card in the deck… with 100% accuracy.

"Yves has built a quick, strong, and entertaining piece of magic
with one of 20th-century card magic's most surprising methods at its core. I liked it so much that I contributed an alternative way to perform it that's 100% self-working. Use any regular deck and any borrowed phone, with no pairing or apps to download or update.
The Algorithm is well designed, fooling, and fun to perform."
— Michael Weber
https://conjuringlab.com/#the-algorithm?......-yves-en
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
Sir Pharaul
View Profile
Regular user
138 Posts

Profile of Sir Pharaul
I bought this similar app (Card Oracle) from Yves years ago and he quit supporting it, than it was put out again by Prop Dog?, now this. Same effect but it left a bad taste in my mouth for what I paid and the lack of support.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10800 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On Apr 15, 2024, Sir Pharaul wrote:
I bought this similar app (Card Oracle) from Yves years ago and he quit supporting it, than it was put out again by Prop Dog?, now this. Same effect but it left a bad taste in my mouth for what I paid and the lack of support.

Thank you - I was not aware of card Oracle.
I would be curious as to whether this is the same or something different?
New routines? New method?
https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view......start=40
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
Sir Pharaul
View Profile
Regular user
138 Posts

Profile of Sir Pharaul
It's the same, but now a web app instead of IOS only app and has a new Greg Wilson routine with it. They are all based on the Fitch Cheney's 5 Card thing.
geggy
View Profile
Elite user
Brighton UK
485 Posts

Profile of geggy
Algorithm...Akronym...is that a messed up description or am I missing something?
Sir Pharaul
View Profile
Regular user
138 Posts

Profile of Sir Pharaul
Quote:
On Apr 15, 2024, geggy wrote:
Algorithm...Akronym...is that a messed up description or am I missing something?

2 totally different effects.
geggy
View Profile
Elite user
Brighton UK
485 Posts

Profile of geggy
Quote:
On Apr 15, 2024, Sir Pharaul wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 15, 2024, geggy wrote:

2 totally different effects.

Exactly, but the description at the top is confusing me..sorry if I'm being stupid
Gerry
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3082 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
I’m sure this is covers but if this is a website on their phone won’t they be disappointed if they go back later and it doesn’t work
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2497 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Assuming the deck can only be overhand shuffled?
TopRabbit13
View Profile
New user
45 Posts

Profile of TopRabbit13
Yeah I’m assuming that only an overhand shuffle is possible too. Of course either that or a Hindu
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
2253 Posts

Profile of PatrickGregoire
No, they can shuffle however they want. Watch a full performance on their website.
sc24evr
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of sc24evr
I saw someone perform this yesterday. I was the spectator. Extremely magician fooling, at least for me. I shuffled the deck myself in various ways. No deck switch. I really did pick any 5 cards from anywhere in phase one. Even different locations in the spread, not a packet of 5. Very cool to watch.
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3082 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
I purchased. It is quite similar to the other effects mentioned. I obviously have no idea about longevity of support, I wished it cost a bit less and I have not performed it in the real world. Still think it is a fun effect. You are basically leaning into the “phone is doing the magic” which everyone suspects anyway with many app tricks. But here of course there more to it than that which makes it fooling and entertaining. Still will not be everyone’s cup of tea.
JosephKerr
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles
423 Posts

Profile of JosephKerr
Very fun routine and definitely worth the asking price.
It took a bit to wrap my head around what was going on but I'm grateful that Yves explanations
were included as well as Gregs. Between the two of them you can really get a clear sense of
every aspect of the routining. I had also assumed that there must be some heavy stack work
involved but that isn't the case at all - shuffled deck directly into an impossible routine.

On first viewing you might think the method is complicated but running through it three or
four times you'll be delighted by how simple it is. Haven't tried using someone else's phone
yet and I'm not sure if doing it that way would help or harm the effect.

In the ad-copy there is a mention by Michael Weber that he has developed and contributed an alternate
performance method. Can anyone direct me on how to find out more information on that?
"Challenge Your Reality"
Magic NAO
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of Magic NAO
Quote:
On Apr 18, 2024, JosephKerr wrote:
In the ad-copy there is a mention by Michael Weber that he has developed and contributed an alternate
performance method. Can anyone direct me on how to find out more information on that?

Sent you a PM.
JosephKerr
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles
423 Posts

Profile of JosephKerr
Thanks for that Magic NAO!
I also reached out to the Conjuring Lab and they responded very quickly to say that
although this addition is currently unpublished they plan to add it in the future.
"Challenge Your Reality"
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10800 Posts

Profile of saysold1
So I guess to me the question is (As a Mentalist or ) what power is this actually showing?

Obviously, the app is doing the work - which shows the impressive power of technology or AI.
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2567 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Hey guys,

Bought this!

Just briefly skimmed, reminds me of 2 releases from the past

1) Al Stanger's Incredible Poker Machine(TI Calculator) by John Mendoza, which predates back to Matt Fields Poker Divination

2) A Few years ago, @ Lybrary, they put out something similar, called ArduBoy, think like a Gameboy, of The Incredible Poker Machine, called Bloom Miracle Poker Machine

The Algorithm is basically the above, but with an app on your phone, and I believe I read you can also do it with a person's phone as well, need to look into this, as I just barely skimmed the instructions.

Algorithm is a much affordable option than #1 and #2, since I had both of them at one point or another.

Its hard to find #1 nowadays, and #2 you can buy over at Lybrary for $250 USD, The Algorithm was like $55 USD something like that.

More thoughts later once I dig deeper into this, but essentially it is what I mentioned

Alex Alejandro
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
2253 Posts

Profile of PatrickGregoire
I'd say it's a combination of Card Oracle by Yves Doumergues and Trojan Deck by Joshua Jay
Chris
View Profile
Inner circle
lybrary.com
1184 Posts

Profile of Chris
Just wanted to add the motivation why I implemented this on an Arduboy. When you use an app on a modern smartphone folks know that these things are high-tech devices. Thus the impact of the effect is reduced because they will attribute the effect to some advanced technology on the phone. The beauty of the Al Stanger version with a TI calculator is that this is relatively low-tech and thus it becomes more amazing that this fairly simple gadget can do what it does. With the Arduboy I am capturing that low-tech aspect. The Arduboy is the size of a credit card. It looks like a toy because it is a toy. That makes the effect that much more amazing for spectators.
Lybrary.com preserving magic one book at a time.