The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The workers :: No palming technique form Paul Wilson (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
karld
View Profile
New user
32 Posts

Profile of karld
Good morning.

About twenty years ago I attended a conference by Paul Wilson where he showed a card to wallet without palming AND with a normal wallet.

I don't remember the exact technique. I remember that he held the deck in his hand and grabbed the edge of his jacket with this same hand to open it a little, pinching the edge of it with the deck. The other hand entered the jacket at the height of the chest to take the wallet. As this hand passes, she takes the signed card.

Does he explain this technique in one of his videos?

Thanks
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Georgetown, South Carolina
3096 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
Didn't understand what you posted "As this hand passes, she takes the signed card"? There are many routines by many magicians using the jacket technique, where the loading happens in that process as well as 4 selected cards to 4 pockets routines.

Likewise there are many no palm CTW routines. Tom Mullica, inventor of the Mullica Wallet, is a great one. Eugene Burger. David Parr and others expanded on the features of the wallet utilizing the no palm sleight. No not a normal wallet but an excellent one. The reason why I mentioned it.

Didn't answer your question regarding which video you were looking for but there are plenty of resources for the same techniques. Hopefully someone else will chime in and give you a specific reference.
Guilt will betray you before technique betrays you!
karld
View Profile
New user
32 Posts

Profile of karld
Thank you for replying.

It's complicated to explain. Let's say the left hand holds the deck.

The chosen and signed card was brought on the deck thank to a card control.

The left hand holding the deck moves towards the edge of the left pant of the jacket (along the buttonhole). this hand opens the jacket.

But the position of the hand is such that the deck of cards is found for a fraction of a second behind the edge of the jacket (i.e. inside). In fact, the edge of the jacket’s left pant is clipped between deck and the left hand palm.

The right hand slips into the jacket to reach the inside pocket and take the wallet.

But as soon as it is no longer visible (because the right hand is behind the edge of the jacket), the thumb and index finger of the right hand take the first card from the deck and slip it into the wallet.