The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Tricks & Effects :: Constructo by Thinking Paradox (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3786 Posts

Profile of takeachance
This looks interesting

"Constructo" is a fresh approach to the thought-of-card plot that combines visual magic with astonishing mentalism. Created by the Thinking Paradox team, known for bestsellers like "Clear Choice" and "Unliftable".

Key points:
The card is not forced. Spectators make free choices and can even change their minds at any moment.
You don't need to know the card in advance. The card appears in your empty hand even before the spectator names it!
No switches or indexes. Forget about complicated memorization.
No clothing restrictions. No sleeves or clothing gimmicks are used.
Super easy to do. The appearance is very clean, visual, and easy to do. Technically, it's almost as easy as opening and closing your hand.
Angle-proof. Works great for close-up or stage. You can perform it for a small group completely surrounded or in front of hundreds of spectators.
Ready to go. High quality pre-made gimmicks are included. They are made with super durable materials. They will last forever!
No preparation required. It resets automatically at the end. Just put it in your pocket, and you'll be ready to perform it anytime.
Everything happens in real-time, without assistants or preshow.
Each unit has been handcrafted in Spain with great care and supervised one-by-one.

Important: the gimmick comes in blue Bicycle playing cards.
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2497 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Here is a link, which may be helpful:
Constructo
Fatgumbo
View Profile
Veteran user
Melbourne, Australia
342 Posts

Profile of Fatgumbo
Similar vibes to Blake Vogt Invisible Card but the gimmick doesn't look as thick. I wonder whether this will be as suitable for close-up as it would be for parlour settings.
coachawsm
View Profile
Regular user
161 Posts

Profile of coachawsm
Quote:
On Apr 13, 2024, Fatgumbo wrote:
Similar vibes to Blake Vogt Invisible Card but the gimmick doesn't look as thick. I wonder whether this will be as suitable for close-up as it would be for parlour settings.

I have seen it close up. I would 2-3 metres distance would be good, but closer is definitely also an option.
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
If only I didn't have a wife and a kid I would have MUCH more than
2834 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
I’m not familiar with Invisible Card. I am familiar with the stories of Blake’s customer service, though. So it’s great to hear there is an alternative. I wonder how the procedure is for selecting the card. I love Clear Choice.
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2497 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
I just cannot even begin to imagine what makes this so expensive!!?
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
2834 Posts

Just imagine the skill level at origami you have to have to make this. There are 52 cards in that one card. So it replaces your ID, your Index and Balloon Oracle.So it’s a bargain. Smile
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
bekralik
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1365 Posts

Profile of bekralik
And similar to Adrian Vega’s The Opener:
https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/18921
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3368 Posts

Profile of tophatter
WOW ! I have NO clue my only guess is a very clever delivery system !
ArtIn
View Profile
Inner circle
1707 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
Quote:
On Apr 13, 2024, tophatter wrote:
WOW ! I have NO clue my only guess is a very clever delivery system !

I doubt it. One appearing card + I***x + S****h I guess.
I wonder why there is no review yet. It’s around for a while now.
travisb
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver, BC
547 Posts

Profile of travisb
Quote:
On Apr 13, 2024, coachawsm wrote:
I have seen it close up. I would 2-3 metres distance would be good, but closer is definitely also an option.

If you've seen both, how does it compare to the Vogt gimmick?

Travis
Koolmagicguy
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of Koolmagicguy
Okay, I actually bought this last year. Tannen’s has had it for a while and I bought it after seeing it on Fool Us. It’s very well made from plastic and probably won’t ever wear out. The routine is very clever in that the audience really believes they have a free choice of any card

Only comes in blue as far as I know. As with ring to shoelace and candy prediction, you pay a lot for what you get, BUT it also works and is a good effect, so if you’re a pro, it could be worth it.
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
2834 Posts

Thanks for sharing!
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4756 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Been around for a few yrs. I thought there was a previous thread on it but I couldn’t find it. I have Invisible Card but don’t think I ever even took it out of the box. Curious what the differences are.
kiketron
View Profile
Veteran user
301 Posts

Profile of kiketron
Constructo is awesome and part of my act since it was released.
The outs are hidden in plain view in your hand and the script makes espectador think any card is possible.
Step into the unknown
marcobasi
View Profile
New user
italy
44 Posts

Profile of marcobasi
Excellent effect, quality materials and solid routine - I guess the price is a watershed between amateurs and professionals - I would not present it in close-up
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3786 Posts

Profile of takeachance
I have Adrian Vega’s The Opener and in my opinion the gimmick cards are superior to Blakes and others. The Spanish cards are less confusing to open and once open sit very well at a very close range. I'm sure these will be the same as I Skyped a friend who has it and they seemed to be except for the suits.
Saying that I wouldn't personally use it for close up as people in those situations are more likely to want a look at the card. Parlor or stage even with a spectator can easily be managed.
You could do close up but with a lot more audience management so I'd pick my crowd carefully.

I'll add, I feel the cards used for this allow a cleaner and shorter Equivoque than The Opener.
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4756 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Ordered it a few days ago. Hoping for the best.
Gazoo
View Profile
New user
33 Posts

Profile of Gazoo
I broke several of my personal rules in buying this. My mind says that expensive tricks must be excellent. Not so. Made some big mistake purchases. Another rule is that I must see uncut, unstaged videos of the performance. Didn't do that either. Now that I've seen the full video (after I bought it) I regret the purchase. Most of you will see the force and the handling and could probably do the trick with what you have in front of you. Buyer beware.

Full video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzNFf__JX50
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
2834 Posts

Sorry to hear that, Gazoo! That sucks. Thank you for sharing though.