The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Not very magical, still... :: Lost in translation (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9997 Posts

Profile of funsway
I am often amused or inspired by the product descriptions on Chinese products -
providing clues as to how that language works and thinking processes too, But, some may just be poor translations.

This one is especially intriguing - almost a magical incantation.

"These tongs incream the wide of spade."
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
When I played soccer, I hit
1778 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
Message once found in a Chinese fortune cookie:

“Difference between love and hate? One tastes like rubber.”
Arthur Stead
royalty-free music and interactive routines
www.arthurstead.com
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16552 Posts

Profile of tommy
“When I was your age, they used to say you can either have a misinterpretation or an Illusion. What I am saying today is, when you are facing a loaded gun, what’s the difference?” -Chung Ling Soo
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
As a non native English speaker who speaks a totally foreign language, it's hilarious what I see when my language is translated into English and vice versa. Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18065 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Lost in Translation is an awesome movie.. I think you should watch it. Smile Smile Smile
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....