The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: New to magic? :: Which wallets for Dream Card and Appointment in Samarra? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Schlawiner
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of Schlawiner
Hi,

can someone recommend wallets for the 2 tricks "Dream Card" and "Appointment in Samarra" from Darwin Ortiz?
I'm completely new to wallets and I'm therefore a little bit confused with all the different types and names of wallets.

As far as I know, I would need a "Balducci wallet" for "Dream Card" and a "Himber Wallet" for "Appointment in Samarra".

I think for "Dream Card" it would be important that I can show a card at the start in the wallet, then load the real card and take the real card out and the spectator shouldn't see that the initial card is still in the wallet (and that doesn't work with some wallets??). Or can I use any "loading" wallet for the trick? I saw that "no palm" and "palm" wallets exist - so I would need a "palm" type of wallet, right ? And a "no palm" wallet would just load the card using some move like putting the wallet on top of the card pile?

For "Appointment in Samarra" any himber wallet should work, only with the requirement that it should be large enough to hold an envelop with the card, as far as I understood it.

Can someone give me recommendations?

My priority list would be:
*) Wallets should look as normal as possible for a younger person (not bulky; I'm a hobby magician, nobody would believe me if I would take out a huge wallet from the last century)
*) Loading should be fast (and simple; But "palming" isn't a problem)
*) The price doesn't really matter

In my research I found the following candidates for "dream card":
*) Speed Loader Plus (loads fast; but the disadvantage is that it looks bulky)
*) Rebel Wallet (looks very good and modern; But I don't know if it would work for dream card? Wouldn't a spectator see the second card in the wallet? And I think this wallet is to load into an envelop?)
*) Hip Pocket Mullica Wallet by Tim Trono (has many positive reviews, but a lot of people say that it's bulky and big)
*) FPS Wallet (this one should have a good instruction video and many people recommended it)
*) N1 Nitro Wallet
*) JOL Wallet from Propdog (Many people recommended this, but I'm not sure if I would need the "Large Plus" or the "Small Plus" version. And it also looks pretty big and not modern. But many people said that it's one of the best wallets for CTW. And it can theoretically be combined with Bonsalopes, but I'm just planning to do the above two tricks and I don't need Bonsalopes for these).

I think the choice for the himber wallet is more simple because it doesn't has so many requirement. For example, I found:
*) Mini-himber-wallet from propdog

Any other recommendations for a himber wallet for "Appointment in Samarra" trick?
And can someone give me hints what wallet would work best for "Dream Card"? One of the above or a completely different one?
UKNeil
View Profile
Loyal user
209 Posts

Profile of UKNeil
Quote:
On Apr 11, 2024, Schlawiner wrote:

My priority list would be:
*) Wallets should look as normal as possible for a younger person (not bulky; I'm a hobby magician, nobody would believe me if I would take out a huge wallet from the last century)

I would encourage you to re-examine this assumption.
How, in the framing of an effect could you justify an old wallet from the last century?

I would also encourage you to watch Eugene Burger's video called Exploring Magical Presentations which is devoted, to this subject (although not the effect you mention).
Chamber of Wallets
http://www.chamberofwallets.com