The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Latest and Greatest? :: Level Up by Craig Petty (36 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4323 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/19702

Level Up by Craig Petty
Built for pros, this is mind-blowing in-the-hands magic using props people recognize and LOVE. Comes complete with slim pocket travel case. Over 2 hours of instruction w/ 10 tricks!
FREE SHIPPING TO THE UNITED STATES.
Price: $59.95

“With less and less people carrying coins and cash it’s great to see classic plots and moves given a new lease of life. Level Up doesn’t just change the game… it switches it completely” - MATTHEW WRIGHT

“If you love gaming then SWITCH up your traditional coin magic for Craig Petty’s new trick LEVEL UP. You’ll love it so much I doubt you will be asking for a wiifund… It’s incredible" - IAIN BAILEY

“What a brilliant organic way to do coin style miracles with objects everyone knows. Couple that with the sparcity of coins in pockets and this is a no brainer." - ALAN RORRISON

“I love when classic plots are modernized for today’s audiences and Level Up does just that. As an avid gamer, I’m excited at the possibilities this set offers to power up your magic!" - DAVID JONATHAN

“Level Up just smashed its way to the Top of the leader board when it comes to magic with relatable objects. These specially designed game cartridges are your cheat code to performing incredible magic. I can’t wait to get my set!” - PETER NARDI

“Who doesn’t love video games and Magic?!Level Up is quite literally game over for EDC. Craig has created what I believe to be the highest level of an everyday carry. Triple A magic.” - CHRIS JAMES

“You can now do some of your favourite coin routines with objects that mean something to all audiences regardless of age! What a great idea Craig!! I wish I had thought of it!” - CHRIS CONGREAVE

Take your close-up magic to the next level when you perform classic coin magic with game cartridges! Transpositions, transformations, and more are all possible with these specially designed-props, which bring some of the best close-up magic into the modern era. Power up your close-up magic with Level Up by Craig Petty.

Here’s what happens:

You introduce a small, hard-sided case that holds game cartridges from one of the most popular gaming devices on the planet. You select a couple of cartridges and proceed to perform a mind-bending flurry of transpositions. Cartridges jump from hand to hand, changing places even though your spectator is holding them. The labels transform colors. At the end, you can even hand the cartridges out to be examined.

You receive specially designed and constructed cartridges that allow you to perform amazing coin-magic-style effects with these fascinating and relatable props. The custom-designed hard-sided case that protects your props and makes them easy to carry around is included, as is an instructional video with Craig Petty that teaches multiple easy-to-perform routines. Level Up opens up huge possibilities for restaurant workers and table hoppers who want to take their tried and true coin routines and create relatable presentations that will grab the attention of the next generation. Be the boss when you perform Level Up by Craig Petty.
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2388 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Thanks for posting this. Really appreciate it.

As most of no one here I’m an open book. If you have any questions, want me to tell you anything about the project just let me know.

One thing I will say is it’s designed for beginners as well as more experienced performers . If you saw my Magic button project the tutorial is handled in a very similar way. It means it’s accessible to everyone.

Any questions let me know.
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4323 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
If it us an appropriate question, how many gimmicked chips and ungimmicked chips are provided? Looks livery nicely packaged and Aim sure the 2 hour instructional video is comprehensive and entertaining. Seems like a great alternative to the usual coin effects.
Thank you.
Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
trickyat86
View Profile
Special user
Pittsburgh, PA
610 Posts

Profile of trickyat86
Now the real question. Do the gimmicks have the same bittering agent as game chips. Smile
DanielChard
View Profile
Regular user
Bristol, United Kingdom
156 Posts

Profile of DanielChard
I absolutely love the look of this and think it could be expanded in many different ways, will they be made in a slightly bigger size?
You can purchase my Penguin Live Act here: https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/12238
-4.5 hours of explanation, psychology and thoughts from a working professional. 15 years experience working in the real world, I hold NOTHING BACK!
-1 x 45 min stand up act
- 1 x 15 min close up set
-10 killer effects designed to entertain and destroy your audience.

Follow me on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Danielchardmagic
Instagram: @danielchardmagic
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2388 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Quote:
On Apr 8, 2024, magicinsight wrote:
If it us an appropriate question, how many gimmicked chips and ungimmicked chips are provided? Looks livery nicely packaged and Aim sure the 2 hour instructional video is comprehensive and entertaining. Seems like a great alternative to the usual coin effects.
Thank you.
Michael

Thanks Michael. I designed this as less and less people were carrying coins but everyone knows that these cartridges are very portable

You get three ungimmicked chips and one gimmicked. That allows you to perform all the routines. You also get a case to keep everything in. This is a much more organic way to introduce the props instead of pulling them your pocket (which no gamer would do).

Does that help?
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2388 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Quote:
On Apr 8, 2024, trickyat86 wrote:
Now the real question. Do the gimmicks have the same bittering agent as game chips. Smile

Now that is a question I can’t answer ????????????
mitch731
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of mitch731
I’m assuming for trademark reasons the games are not name brand. If so, are these easily customizable?
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2388 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Quote:
On Apr 8, 2024, DanielChard wrote:
I absolutely love the look of this and think it could be expanded in many different ways, will they be made in a slightly bigger size?

Thanks Daniel. Means a lot coming from you! The problem is they replicate the exact look and size as a normal Nintendo Switch cartridge. So making them bigger would look a little suspicious

Is that what you mean?
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4323 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Quote:
On Apr 8, 2024, Craig Petty wrote:
Quote:
Thank you.
Michael

Thanks Michael. I designed this as less and less people were carrying coins but everyone knows that these cartridges are very portable

You get three ungimmicked chips and one gimmicked. That allows you to perform all the routines. You also get a case to keep everything in. This is a much more organic way to introduce the props instead of pulling them your pocket (which no gamer would do).

Does that help?

Thank you for the information, Craig. It was very helpful. I was also wondering if you think it may be (technically/financially) possible in the future to have an expansion pack available such as providing a sh..l that fits over one of the chips?

Thank you again for your courtesy.
Michael
—Hakim, Loreweaver
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2388 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Quote:
On Apr 8, 2024, mitch731 wrote:
I’m assuming for trademark reasons the games are not name brand. If so, are these easily customizable?

Great question! The cartridges provided are made up games with made up names. They look like genuine games and I spent a long time thinking of the game names and more importantly the style of the sticker. The colours etc are designed to make each chip stand out. In two years of performances ai have never had anyone question the names of the games. There are so many released these days it would be impossible to know them all.

Having said all that if you wanted to design and print a sticker that replicates Zelda or Mario (for example) you could do that. You would just need to replace the old sticker and add the new one. I honestly don’t think it’s needed though

Does that answer your question?

Thanks
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2388 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Thank you.
Michael

Does that help?

Thank you for the information, Craig. It was very helpful. I was also wondering if you think it may be (technically/financially) possible in the future to have an expansion pack available such as providing a sh..l that fits over one of the chips?

Michael

You are more than welcome!

I have already made prototypes of several coin gaffs that work perfectly with switch cartridges and I’ve been working them in the real world. If this project is successful Penguin are very open to offering an expansion pack with other gimmicks.
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4323 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Thank you.
Michael

Does that help?

Michael

I have already made prototypes of several coin gaffs that work perfectly with switch cartridges and I’ve been working them in the real world. If this project is successful Penguin are very open to offering an expansion pack with other gimmicks.

Sounds awesome! Will be picking this up tomorrow.
Thank you.
Michael
—Hakim, Loreweaver
Alan Morgan
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of Alan Morgan
Quote:
Quote:

I'm sure they're not. Smile Real Switch cartridges are treated with the same bitter chemical used to discourage thumb-sucking (denatonium benzoate), to reduce the risk of a child choking as they will likely spit it out as soon as it enters their mouth. Which of course lead some grown-ups to taste them on purpose (not me)! It's not needed at all for the trick props of course but it's a fun thought I had too. Smile
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6778 Posts

Profile of videoman
Ok, I guess I'm going to be the first (and possibly only) to admit that I’ve never seen or heard of these before in my life. But I’m old. The last video game I played was Tetris on the original Nintendo. No one could palm one of those cartridges! But I’m sure they’ll be a big hit with you youngsters. Smile
Joshua J
View Profile
Inner circle
1060 Posts

Profile of Joshua J
Apologies if these questions come off as a bit blunt, just getting my head around it as a release. I think it could be a fun piece for families.

You refer to them as an alternative to coins. How well do they handle for doing traditional coin techniques? With them having the rectangular shape and having a set direction does this cause issues? Lighter props affect handling? You've said it's got the three cartridges and one gimmicked, so traditional coin routines like coins across probably not possible. Can we have a little more detail on the effects? You can see the changes on the trailer, what else? I'm thinking in terms of them being a utility item and what else you can create with them or is it largely the routines seen and variations?

The switch 2 is on the way next year. During your research have you heard anything about the cartridges? Rumours were for new ones or no cartridges, but I haven't really looked at details since they announced the new one coming.

What's the size of the case? pocket space obviously being a consideration. It'd be a bit odd carrying games around to a professional engagement unless it is quite small.

Sorry if they come across as quite blunt questions. I can see this as something that people can have a bit of fun with, but just wanted a little detail.
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2388 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Thank you.
Michael

Thanks very much. Please let me know how you get on!

Does that help?

Michael

Sounds awesome! Will be picking this up tomorrow.
Thank you.
Michael
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2388 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Quote:
On Apr 9, 2024, Alan Morgan wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

I'm sure they're not. Smile Real Switch cartridges are treated with the same bitter chemical used to discourage thumb-sucking (denatonium benzoate), to reduce the risk of a child choking as they will likely spit it out as soon as it enters their mouth. Which of course lead some grown-ups to taste them on purpose (not me)! It's not needed at all for the trick props of course but it's a fun thought I had too. Smile

Oh yeah! I remember licking one worse and it tasted vile!

None of these cartridges have any chemicals on them but maybe there is a trick there! Transposing the taste of the cartridge!

Could be interesting
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2388 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Quote:
On Apr 9, 2024, videoman wrote:
Ok, I guess I'm going to be the first (and possibly only) to admit that I’ve never seen or heard of these before in my life. But I’m old. The last video game I played was Tetris on the original Nintendo. No one could palm one of those cartridges! But I’m sure they’ll be a big hit with you youngsters. Smile

lol! Tetris was great! The cool thing is even if you don’t know what they are your audiences will. They are very recognisable!

Thanks for commenting
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2388 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Quote:
On Apr 9, 2024, Joshua J wrote:
Apologies if these questions come off as a bit blunt, just getting my head around it as a release. I think it could be a fun piece for families.

You refer to them as an alternative to coins. How well do they handle for doing traditional coin techniques? With them having the rectangular shape and having a set direction does this cause issues? Lighter props affect handling? You've said it's got the three cartridges and one gimmicked, so traditional coin routines like coins across probably not possible. Can we have a little more detail on the effects? You can see the changes on the trailer, what else? I'm thinking in terms of them being a utility item and what else you can create with them or is it largely the routines seen and variations?

The switch 2 is on the way next year. During your research have you heard anything about the cartridges? Rumours were for new ones or no cartridges, but I haven't really looked at details since they announced the new one coming.

What's the size of the case? pocket space obviously being a consideration. It'd be a bit odd carrying games around to a professional engagement unless it is quite small.

Sorry if they come across as quite blunt questions. I can see this as something that people can have a bit of fun with, but just wanted a little detail.

Some great questions there and I don’t think you are being too blunt at all. Let me see if I can give you some answers

1. They actually are easier to handle than coins. Because they are rectangular if you want to do a classic palm it’s a lot easier. Also because they aren’t metal if you want to have two coins in palm (for example) there is no clinking noise

2. You can actually do coins across. The really cool thing is the cartridges look the same on one side and different on the other. If you wanted to do a traditional coins across with the three regular cartridges you could. Just turn them face down and perform the routine. Also if you need more regular cartridges use other real switch games. You can get old switch games for a couple of bucks now second hand and so you can buy other cartridges to perform any standard coin routines (assuming you don’t have any already)

3. In essence the gimmicked cartridge is a copper / silver gaff built into a switch cartridge. This allows you to do WAY more than just transpositions (although it’s perfect for a Transpo routine because everything is examinable before and after and it’s easy to do). Some of the other routines of the project include mentalism routines, predictions, wild coin style routines, coins across, anniversary waltz type routines, hopping half style routines to name a few. It’s a really varied selection of routines and all of them are ready to go out the case provided

4. I looked into the Switch 2 and it’s quite a long way off but the general consensus is that it will allow cartridges as they want it to be backwards compatible. However even if that’s not the case people will still be used the original Switch for years after and everyone will still know what the cartridges are. Remember how popular retro gaming is. I don’t see an issue with this to be honest

5. It’s very small. I spent a long time finding the perfect case. It will literally fit into your top pocket (shirt or jacket). I normally keep it in my back pocket with a deck of cards. You don’t need to use the case but I think it makes everything look more legit

Hope that covers everything but if not please let me know

Thanks