The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Not very magical, still... :: Micro Garden (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18065 Posts

Profile of Slim King
With so many people getting into prepping these days I've been working on a "Micro Garden" idea. Things that can be grown on a window sill or in the darkness of your home. So far I've been fantastically successful with Mung Bean Sprouts and Mushrooms. I think perhaps carrots are next. Anyone else interested in growing Micro Gardens inside you home? Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Mushrooms sounds great.
Years ago my late father did grow them but that was in my hometown and we had a shed for it. Growing them just micro and indoors sounds like a great idea.
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16552 Posts

Profile of tommy
I was born in England among the ashes of World War II. The war had ended but rationing did not end until 1954. We grew mushrooms down our cellars, we had chickens in our backyards and allotments. And lest we forget, we had American bases with plenty of food on them and the American soldiers were very generous with it. I think I would advise getting an allotment. An allotment or community garden is a plot of land made available for individual, non-commercial gardening for growing food plants, so forming a kitchen garden away from the residence.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18065 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Great to hear from you two!!! I was looking for something more secure than a plot of land. I'm thinking if people get really hungry they will have no problem stealing my crops. That's why I'm thinking more indoors. I always envisioned you Tommy as a young guy...No wonder you are so wise!!! Smile Smile Smile Smile
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16552 Posts

Profile of tommy
Smile Thank you kindly. One can take anything too far.

“For many people, myself included, preparing for the worst and modelling realistic threats is a way to help ease anxiety, but for many others, fixating on possible disasters could cause anxiety to worsen considerably. Please look after your own mental health first, and please make your own assessments as to what preparations you want to make based on the crises you are most likely to face in your life. If you struggle with disordered eating, self-harm or suicidal ideation there may be some things that you choose not to do for your own safety – and that is absolutely ok. You staying safe and staying alive is why Start Prepping UK is here."

https://startprepping.co.uk/uk-preppers-guide/#foreword
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18065 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Quote:
On Apr 7, 2024, tommy wrote:
:) Thank you kindly. One can take anything too far.

“For many people, myself included, preparing for the worst and modelling realistic threats is a way to help ease anxiety, but for many others, fixating on possible disasters could cause anxiety to worsen considerably. Please look after your own mental health first, and please make your own assessments as to what preparations you want to make based on the crises you are most likely to face in your life. If you struggle with disordered eating, self-harm or suicidal ideation there may be some things that you choose not to do for your own safety – and that is absolutely ok. You staying safe and staying alive is why Start Prepping UK is here."

https://startprepping.co.uk/uk-preppers-guide/#foreword

Very helpful ... Thanks Smile Smile Smile