The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Smooth as silk :: Bob Sanders has passed (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4860 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
To all those who have known or dealt with Bob Sanders, it's with a heavy heart that I need to tell you that he passed away yesterday.
Where the magic begins
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3875 Posts

Profile of Julie
Quote:
On Apr 5, 2024, Dave Scribner wrote:
To all those who have known or dealt with Bob Sanders, it's with a heavy heart that I need to tell you that he passed away yesterday.

Bless you, Bob. Thank-you for being you.

Julie & Co.
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7669 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Bob and I shared a common friend, Howard Flint. It seems when Bob worked for the "company" he had extracted Howard from a bad situation. Years later Howard got thank him calling him by his code name "cowboy". Bob about fell over because no one was supposed to know that.
We had a lot a fun and conventions and both selling silks and knowing the Rice family drew us fairly close. He always wanted me to travel south for his little get together but I could never get away to do.
My prayers and thought are with Lucy and the rest of family.
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Andy Young
View Profile
Special user
Jersey Shore, PA
823 Posts

Profile of Andy Young
Wow what a loss. He was great to buy from but an even better person.
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9997 Posts

Profile of funsway
His open sharing of knowledge, home, ranch and energy is an example for us all. Sorry I did not get back to his gatherings more often.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
MAGIKtwin54
View Profile
New user
Abilene, Texas
2 Posts

Profile of MAGIKtwin54
I met Bob several years ago at an Abbott's Get-together. I didn't see him for a few years until I attended Cavalcade of Magic just before covid. What a warm and friendly gentleman I found him to be. We hit it off wonderfully. He invited me to Magic Valley Magic. It took a couple of years to finally get there. Lucy and Bob have been great hosts at their ranch. Maggie and I thoroughly our times with them.
The wealth of information from Bob has been astounding. His travels, his many magic peers, his many stories from military to rodeo to magic to political were many. They were also moments in history he reveled in sharing.
While attending Magic Valley Magic, we were invited to perform at local restaurants Thursday nights as an informal start of MVM. Friday mornings many of us would gather at the Inn of Clanton to be driven by Carter Papke in his limousine to the Clanton Senior Connection. We performed to a very appreciative gathering. Bob told us if we "did good" they would feed us and Carter would drive us back to the hotel. Apparently we did well. We were fed and nobody had to walk. Bob and Lucy have been dear friends for just around a decade. Our love and prayers for Lucy and family through this extremely difficult time. We look forward to visiting our Magic Valley family. After all.... we are family.
bkmeyer
View Profile
Regular user
Greenville, SC
119 Posts

Profile of bkmeyer
Saddened by this news. He was a kind and gracious man, always willing to share his expertise, and an honest business man. I've appreciated him and will certainly miss him.
David Todd
View Profile
Inner circle
2334 Posts

Profile of David Todd
I've been away from the internet and the Magic Cafe for a few weeks and am very sad to read this news of Bob Sanders' passing. He was one of the good ones. Bob, I never was privileged to meet you in real life, but valued your contributions to this forum over the years. God bless you , friend. We will miss you. Memory Eternal.
asgar
View Profile
Elite user
410 Posts

Profile of asgar
Thank you Bob for everything.
Magic is believing in yourself, if you can do that, you can make anything happen.