The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! :: Help identifyinga type of paper. (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
sbays
View Profile
Inner circle
Burbank, CA
1064 Posts

Profile of sbays
Greetings all. I am trying to identify a certain type of paper for an effect. It is burned then floats up into the air as it is burnt, then the ash floats back down and can be grabbed in your hand. Anyone know by chance? Thanks all.
"Opportunity may only knock once, but temptation leans on the doorbell."
RCP
View Profile
Inner circle
Two Minnie's in The Hell's Half Acre, The Republic of Texas
2184 Posts

Profile of RCP
The "paper" that a tea bag is made of. Contact Joseph Daniels at The Dark Cabaret for the full routine. https://www.facebook.com/joseph.daniels/
sbays
View Profile
Inner circle
Burbank, CA
1064 Posts

Profile of sbays
Quote:
On Mar 27, 2024, RCP wrote:
The "paper" that a tea bag is made of. Contact Joseph Daniels at The Dark Cabaret for the full routine. https://www.facebook.com/joseph.daniels/

Thank you. I'll reach out to him.
"Opportunity may only knock once, but temptation leans on the doorbell."
Joshua J
View Profile
Inner circle
1064 Posts

Profile of Joshua J
PROF BC
View Profile
Inner circle
1445 Posts

Profile of PROF BC
The first time I ever saw this effect performed was in a little restaurant in Italy when I was about nine. During afters, the waiter lit the wrapper from one of the amaretto biscuits he had served (Google Lazzaroni Amaretti Biscuits: they look like the ones). He rolled it into a loose tube and sat it upright before us. As my mother watched in some anxiety (he might have been a mad Italian waiter, after all!) it burned almost down to the table top before lifting elegantly into the air. It rose almost to the ceiling before burning out. The ash remained intact as it wafted downward again where the waiter (with consummate timing) snatched it from mid-air, rolled it between his palms, and unrolled the wrapper intact and unburnt. At 91 years old, she still tells the tale of how I then turned to her and beamed, "That's why I love magic!"

His tip, needless to say, was generous.

Good luck finding the paper you need. It is a honey of an effect.

BC
Phasmologist