The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Gaffed & Funky :: I will probably get ostracized for this (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
obsidian52
View Profile
Veteran user
United States
386 Posts

Profile of obsidian52
Or ridiculed or something ...I want to do ambitious card (my second question is it done too much???? does everyone do it???) my first question is there any sleightless version using gaffs of Ambitious (Mirage deck, Svengali..etc) I know what MOST of you are saying just practice and practice and practice some more and do a GOOD/GREAT...double lift.
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4248 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
The Ambitious Card is solid, commercial magic. Done well, audiences love it. Take advantage of that, I say! It may be over-saturated among magicians, but I doubt it is among laymen.

Pros have done AC with gaffed decks before. Nothing wrong with that. Your job is to entertain your audience, not satisfy other magicians' feelings of what should or should not be done. I have a routine with a Monte Cristo deck.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Nikodemus
View Profile
Inner circle
1196 Posts

Profile of Nikodemus
Boris Wild has an effect which is somewhat similar to Ambitious Card. The card repeatedly turns face up in the deck, rather than coming to the top. It uses a DF (and also a DB if I remember right).

When you buy Science Friction, there is (or at least used to be) a DVD included with various effects that exploit the SF product. One of them was an Ambitious Card routine.