The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Latest and Greatest? :: Random Card Generator (10 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
codydavismagic
View Profile
Veteran user
363 Posts

Profile of codydavismagic
Jeff posts the tutorials for any magician to see. Honestly seeing how this works in hand is a thing of beauty. If you are performing at a table this gives you so many opportunities to craft a miracle. So much nicer than just having the spectator pick or name a card. Feels fun and fresh and then the effect you can move into is fantastic. So much more magical with the hands off feel. I hope these come into stock more because I will be buying refills for this! Whether it’s a long routine or having a mystery card in a wallet and having the random choice match, this is hard hitting and a practice tool.
Michael Misko
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of Michael Misko
I'm so thrilled with this. I've already put it into my bar set. I'm able to get the whole bar involved. It's an EASY EDC, and you don't even have to have a deck of cards. A written prediction will work great, too. I've already ordered a second set of cards because I know this will get use. Well done.
Marc DeSouza
View Profile
V.I.P.
Wayne, PA
162 Posts

Profile of Marc DeSouza
This is absolutely brilliant! You could pick up this card, examine it and just follow the tearing and selection process...and you would fool yourself. This is an old principle combined with an all new principle that will fool anyone. I just love this and look forward to using for my lay audiences and to fry magicians.
rbcjhollander
View Profile
New user
41 Posts

Profile of rbcjhollander
Just received mine yesterday and can't say enough good things. It looks like a novelty card and because you let the spectator do all the work and rip it to pieces, it feels very unassuming. Great EDC and very organic to any card routine you want to pair with it. Another winner from Jeff & Plainsight. I also have/love Mon-Key and Pendant. All very special and unique.
--

"Don't make unimportant things important." - Dai Vernon
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12999 Posts

Profile of John C
I recently purchased the wallet next will be this RCG
Deacon Don Pepe
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of Deacon Don Pepe
I just received Random Card Generator and finished the tutorial. It is a very clever force that no one can see and really easy to use. 5 minutes and it’s yours to use. Jeff has excellent products that are different and fun. This one is as well.
Whatever Jeff creates is a winner.Its a perfect fit with his Passenger Wallet. That’s where it will be in my pocket tomorrow morning. Thanks Jeff well done.
BitterBrewerAZ
View Profile
New user
Tucson, AZ
65 Posts

Profile of BitterBrewerAZ
Received my order today and these cards are great! One of these will live in my wallet. The look and possibilities are endless for how these could be used. I'm sure I'll need refills soon!
raether
View Profile
New user
Shorewood, IL
93 Posts

Profile of raether
Looks like they are sold out! Hope more are coming.
Helmut Raether
Corey Harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City, MO
1230 Posts

Profile of Corey Harris
I received my order late last week and I have to say that this is great. As I get into summer time, my EDC gets smaller so I don't weight down my shorts, and having one of these cards in my wallet and being able to do s simple card force that seems 100% fair is fantastic. It has passed the wife test and she is critical of everything. Hopefully Jeff keeps making these and keeping them in stock because I need to order up! 10/10 for this simple card generator.
robsigns
View Profile
New user
Southern California
74 Posts

Profile of robsigns
This is fantastic! I received mine yesterday, performed it for the first time - literally the first time, no trial run through - this morning at breakfast with a friend. He was blown away. I'd already read through the instructions a couple of times and knew how it worked, obviously. Carry one of these and the prediction card in your wallet, and you're ready to go anytime anywhere. I had the two cards in my wallet, took them out, told him, "this is the fairest card trick in the world..." walked him through the selection sequence, BAM! The completely hands-off performance with a completely innocent prop - perfect!! There's zero heat on the secret. He wasn't even interested in looking at the little pieces afterward. The only "problem" with this trick is that now I'm going to have to order more because this is something I'm going to do all the time!! Not really a problem, because it's totally worth it!! Definitely ordering more! Can't wait to do it again!
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2497 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Sadly out of stock
raether
View Profile
New user
Shorewood, IL
93 Posts

Profile of raether
Quote:
On Apr 2, 2024, robsigns wrote:
This is fantastic! I received mine yesterday, performed it for the first time - literally the first time, no trial run through - this morning at breakfast with a friend. He was blown away. I'd already read through the instructions a couple of times and knew how it worked, obviously. Carry one of these and the prediction card in your wallet, and you're ready to go anytime anywhere. I had the two cards in my wallet, took them out, told him, "this is the fairest card trick in the world..." walked him through the selection sequence, BAM! The completely hands-off performance with a completely innocent prop - perfect!! There's zero heat on the secret. He wasn't even interested in looking at the little pieces afterward. The only "problem" with this trick is that now I'm going to have to order more because this is something I'm going to do all the time!! Not really a problem, because it's totally worth it!! Definitely ordering more! Can't wait to do it again!

Great to hear you are getting as good reaction. It seems very appealing to me, but I was fearful it might fall into the "figure out the puzzle" category of magic. You have a great idea of framing it as the "fairest card trick in the world" makes it interesting. I hope it is in stock again soon.
Helmut Raether
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6778 Posts

Profile of videoman
This sounds really good and I like the looks of it but I have a kind of strange question about this. How are you guys performing this out in the real world? By that, I don’t mean what routine you’re doing, but literally in what manner are you doing it?

Are you putting the pieces in a glass?
Picking up multiple small pieces over and over on a hard surface could be problematic in that it could create too much dead time.
Where are you putting the discarded pieces?

When performing for 2 or more people I think it may work best if you have one person dropping the pieces into another person’s cupped hands. If doing it for one person maybe them dropping the pieces in your hand would be best.

I can never stop pondering these small details in magic because I always strive for the smoothest performance possible, but yes, it also means I overthink things at times and perhaps that is the case here. But since I would be performing this in impromptu situations I want to be prepared ahead of time of how to deal with any environment I may find myself in.

So again, I’m curious about the quickest, easiest, all purpose method you guys have discovered?
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12999 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Apr 3, 2024, videoman wrote:
This sounds really good and I like the looks of it but I have a kind of strange question about this. How are you guys performing this out in the real world? By that, I don’t mean what routine you’re doing, but literally in what manner are you doing it?

Picking up multiple small pieces over and over on a hard surface could be problematic in that it could create too much dead time.

When performing for 2 or more people I think it may work best if you have one person dropping the pieces into another person’s cupped hands. If doing it for one person maybe them dropping the pieces in your hand would be best.

I can never stop pondering these small details in magic because I always strive for the smoothest performance possible, but yes, it also means I overthink things at times and perhaps that is the case here. But since I would be performing this in impromptu situations I want to be prepared ahead of time of how to deal with any environment I may find myself in.

So again, I’m curious about the quickest, easiest, all purpose method you guys have discovered?

Just do it!
spudster85
View Profile
Regular user
Northern Kentucky
127 Posts

Profile of spudster85
Quote:
On Apr 3, 2024, John C wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 3, 2024, videoman wrote:

Just do it!

I've performed it both ways. I've even had a single volunteer tear the pieces and shake them in their own hands. Literally, this flies so far under radar of what could be the method, it is astounding. I find this stays in my wallet and I present it randomly when I am not regularly performing. It is a card trick without cards, in their hands. I try not to plan ahead on how I will be performing this effect, but just go with whatever is happening at the time. It comes off super organic, unplanned, and for these reasons, undetectable. If I have a glass near by, I use a glass. If I have only one spectator with their hands, that is what I am using. This is one of those effects to not think about it too deeply, just perform it, and it hits hard.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6778 Posts

Profile of videoman
I think small details matter and it’s (perhaps unfortunately) not in my nature not to think too deeply about my performances. I believe underthinking can often be worse than overthinking.

But many times the questions asked on the internet can come across as deeper or more serious than intended. I had a simple question and spudster had a simple answer, one which had not occurred to me. The idea of having one or more people shake the pieces in their own hands and allowing the performer to quickly remove the unwanted ones is a great idea and adaptable to those situations where a suitable surface may not be available. Thanks spudster, I appreciate your input.
Bad Conjuror
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of Bad Conjuror
I just received this, and can honestly say this is one of the coolest product I’ve purchased this year.
Everything happens in the spectator’s hands which frees you up to do other things.
One idea I’m working out is doing a triumph to mirror the process of eliminating the face down pieces.
This is great for social performances because you can also put it in packaging that maybe looks like a game or something.
Easily 10/10. Thanks Jeff! I’ll definitely be ordering more!
Matty Freakin Whipple
View Profile
New user
Philadelphia, PA
86 Posts

Profile of Matty Freakin Whipple
I'm still listed as a "New Member" or whatever after being a part of this community for a really long time, but I have made many contributions to the table hoppers section and been an active member for like... over a decade or so? Anyway, here's all I have to say: I just received this yesterday. I performed it twice for some friends who have already seen me do Bannon's Hawaiian Punch (with postcards actually from Hawaii - yes, I took it that far) and not only does it play completely different, it even feels different to me, despite the methods being the same. There is already one in my wallet, and I anticipate there always will be as long as Jeff keeps making them. If you routine this right, it's going to be so strong for you.
ursmagicbalu
View Profile
Inner circle
India
1080 Posts

Profile of ursmagicbalu
Any video please
“It’s not what you do that matters, or even how you do it;
it’s what the spectators perceive you as doing that matters.
That’s the MAGIC they’ll remember.”
psychod
View Profile
Loyal user
I may not be a millionaire but at least I have
247 Posts

Profile of psychod
I performed this for members of my local SAM group the other night and I thought of a couple of things that may be helpful (or not!!). Anyway, when I introduced the effect, I explained that we would get down to one value and one suit but if at any time, there were none of one of them left, they were to put all of the pieces from that 'drop' into the cup and shake it up again (As I was playing with this, I thought that this might be a logical question for someone to ask so I wanted to address it, even though it was not something that could realistically happen). The second thing I did was to 'break' the card in half and given half to two different people and explain that we would have a race to see who could break their pieces up first and get them in the cup (I did this to remove the slight possibility that someone might notice something fishy if they were especially observant). I had a lot of fun performing this and really could focus on having a lot of fun as I did not have to worry about anything not working the way it should. I'm guessing that Plainsight will wind up getting a few more orders from my group! Just wanted to share a couple of ideas.

Dave
Just adding my 3 cents worth because anybody can add their 2 cents worth...