The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Deck the Halls :: Invoked Playing Cards (12 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Rory111
View Profile
Regular user
137 Posts

Profile of Rory111
I have just received my deck from a Kickstarter project I had supported. WOW... This deck of cards is truly an incredible piece of work... They are too *** good. I am old & wear glasses, but I can read these things easily. This is so much more than just your ordinary marked deck.

I think a lot of people glanced at a couple blurbs and reviews and thought this is just another marked deck. This deck has incorporated several marking techniques and created an ingenious, high quality USPC deck like no other. Check out these reviews from six & seven months ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAiXk8EurPM&t=273s
Peter X
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of Peter X
Thank you Rory. I am glad you like it. I truly appreciate your kind words and generous support! Smile
www.magicandcards.com
Instagram: @magicandcardsdotcom
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
2031 Posts

Profile of Nathan Alexander
Agreed. It's so easy to read (and from a distance), yet perfectly hidden. But what blows my mind is the ability to find marked cards, and from within the deck, on the sides. Very cool decks for sure.
Peter X
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of Peter X
Quote:
On Mar 22, 2024, Nathan Alexander wrote:
Agreed. It's so easy to read (and from a distance), yet perfectly hidden. But what blows my mind is the ability to find marked cards, and from within the deck, on the sides. Very cool decks for sure.

Thank you Nathan! I can't wait to see what tricks y'all come up with.
www.magicandcards.com
rowland
View Profile
Inner circle
1528 Posts

Profile of rowland
I received mine last week and I’m really impressed, as others have said the main marks are super easy to read from a distance. The other marks are very clever and will enable you to do some really clever things with the deck. But my main use will be the back markings the deck is worth the price to me just for that. On top of everything it’s actually a nice deck to use as well.
TomB
View Profile
Veteran user
Michigan, USA
331 Posts

Profile of TomB
I have witnessed Peter X destroy people with this deck for YEARS. It was designed for magicians, and I am ecstatic that he released it.
Peter X
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of Peter X
Quote:
On Mar 22, 2024, rowland wrote:
I received mine last week and I’m really impressed, as others have said the main marks are super easy to read from a distance. The other marks are very clever and will enable you to do some really clever things with the deck. But my main use will be the back markings the deck is worth the price to me just for that. On top of everything it’s actually a nice deck to use as well.

Thank you for your nice words. I am glad you like it!
www.magicandcards.com
Peter X
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of Peter X
Quote:
On Mar 23, 2024, TomB wrote:
I have witnessed Peter X destroy people with this deck for YEARS. It was designed for magicians, and I am ecstatic that he released it.

Couldn't have done it without you and every member of The Detroit Magic Club! Thanks Tom Smile
www.magicandcards.com
Peter X
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of Peter X
Just a heads up everyone, the sale on the Invoked Playing Cards will end on April 1st. You can get yours here: https://magicandcards.com/bicycle-invoked-playing-cards/

Thank you all for your support Smile
www.magicandcards.com
SNAFU
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of SNAFU
I regret not ordering the cards on Kickstarter back then. As soon as they are available at a German retailer, I will definitely buy them.

A question for those who have already tested them in the wild: Aren't the main marks a bit too obvious? Sure, you can read them excellently, but isn't there a risk that the audience will recognize them too?
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
2031 Posts

Profile of Nathan Alexander
Actually I couldn’t find them at first. I don’t think anyone would. I’m top of that, they’re not looking.

It’s a brilliant deck. I love them.
ckelley
View Profile
Regular user
Nashville, TN
110 Posts

Profile of ckelley
Awesome- just ordered my set.
Peter X
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of Peter X
Quote:
On Mar 29, 2024, SNAFU wrote:
I regret not ordering the cards on Kickstarter back then. As soon as they are available at a German retailer, I will definitely buy them.

A question for those who have already tested them in the wild: Aren't the main marks a bit too obvious? Sure, you can read them excellently, but isn't there a risk that the audience will recognize them too?

Please let me know of any German retailers so I can get in touch with them. I'm trying to support brick and mortar stores so we will only wholesale to them and not to other online stores.

We do ship to Germany too if you want to order them from us directly.

Thank you for your help and support! Smile
www.magicandcards.com
Peter X
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of Peter X
Quote:
On Mar 29, 2024, ckelley wrote:
Awesome- just ordered my set.

Thank you for your order! We will ship all pre-orders early next week. We hope you like the deck.
Let me know if you have any questions or feedback.
www.magicandcards.com
Peter X
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of Peter X
Quote:

I've been using them for more than 6 years and nobody ever saw the marks. They are more obvious on camera if you are looking for them, but I believe they are well disguised when used in real life. I've shown them to many magicians and most of them couldn't find them (without doing the flip book test) until I showed them the marks.

I would like to hear from other magicians using the deck if spectators see them.
www.magicandcards.com
SNAFU
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of SNAFU
Quote:
On Mar 29, 2024, Peter X wrote:
I've been using them for more than 6 years and nobody ever saw the marks. They are more obvious on camera if you are looking for them, but I believe they are well disguised when used in real life. I've shown them to many magicians and most of them couldn't find them (without doing the flip book test) until I showed them the marks.

Yeah, I guess I just had some luck to look at the right spot. I can't wait to try them.

Regarding "brick and mortar stores" - there are a few in Germany. The (imho) nicest and probably oldest is "Zauberkönig" in Berlin (zauberkoenig-berlin.de). There is another one in Berlin "fabiolus-magic.de", that I can also recommend. There is also one in Nürnberg, Bavaria with a very nice owner, but if I remember correclty the have noch so many cards. https://zauberschule-franken.de/dein-zau......aden.php

I hope you find a retailer so I don't have to fly to the states for a pack ;-)
Peter X
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of Peter X
Quote:
Quote:
On Mar 29, 2024, Peter X wrote:

Yeah, I guess I just had some luck to look at the right spot. I can't wait to try them.

Regarding "brick and mortar stores" - there are a few in Germany. The (imho) nicest and probably oldest is "Zauberkönig" in Berlin (zauberkoenig-berlin.de). There is another one in Berlin "fabiolus-magic.de", that I can also recommend. There is also one in Nürnberg, Bavaria with a very nice owner, but if I remember correclty the have noch so many cards. https://zauberschule-franken.de/dein-zau......aden.php

I hope you find a retailer so I don't have to fly to the states for a pack ;-)

Thank you for that. I will reach out to them and hopefully I can send them some to sell.
www.magicandcards.com
SNAFU
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of SNAFU
Please let me know if you did so I can buy them before they are sold out ;-)
The Magic Ref
View Profile
Veteran user
Flint, Mi.
303 Posts

Profile of The Magic Ref
WOW, just WOW! This deck is one of the most useful marked decks I have ever laid eyes on (No Pun Intended), well maybe there was a pun intended... The quality is fantastic of course, but the markings are unreal. I'm 61 and need readers to read anything. I can instantly read the backs of these cards. The other markings are also super easy to read. These will take your magic to another level if you apply the simple principles and devise your unique routine. I don't want to go into specifics but with one glance you can know what card they chose, whether they pull it out and look at it, or stick the deck behind their back and randomly turn one over so one knows what the card is, use it as a one-way deck, and many other applications. The whole thing is no matter what they do, you can very easily and quickly divine which card is theirs. I mean they shuffle until their heart is content, they choose the card, you never touch the deck or force a card and you know what they chose. No electronics or thumpers just a fantastic design on quality Bicycle brand card stock. I know this took a lot of work and effort to bring to market, I hope you sell a million of these. I give my highest recommendation, especially if you're just an average card worker like myself, with this deck I am in total control. when I backed this on Kickstarter, I knew these cards were going to be special, so I bought 3 regular decks and 3 stripper versions. I'm so glad I did, I'm all set for several years. Mike Smile
Be Young...Have Fun!
Peter X
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of Peter X
Quote:
On Apr 13, 2024, The Magic Ref wrote:
WOW, just WOW! This deck is one of the most useful marked decks I have ever laid eyes on (No Pun Intended), well maybe there was a pun intended... The quality is fantastic of course, but the markings are unreal. I'm 61 and need readers to read anything. I can instantly read the backs of these cards. The other markings are also super easy to read. These will take your magic to another level if you apply the simple principles and devise your unique routine. I don't want to go into specifics but with one glance you can know what card they chose, whether they pull it out and look at it, or stick the deck behind their back and randomly turn one over so one knows what the card is, use it as a one-way deck, and many other applications. The whole thing is no matter what they do, you can very easily and quickly divine which card is theirs. I mean they shuffle until their heart is content, they choose the card, you never touch the deck or force a card and you know what they chose. No electronics or thumpers just a fantastic design on quality Bicycle brand card stock. I know this took a lot of work and effort to bring to market, I hope you sell a million of these. I give my highest recommendation, especially if you're just an average card worker like myself, with this deck I am in total control. when I backed this on Kickstarter, I knew these cards were going to be special, so I bought 3 regular decks and 3 stripper versions. I'm so glad I did, I'm all set for several years. Mike Smile

Thank you for your support and great feedback. I'm so glad you like it! Smile
www.magicandcards.com