The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Ring inside a sealed parcel / Gift box (automatic) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Unity
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of Unity
Hello everyone! Smile
Im new here and this is my first message.
I have been looking now for months for a trick I saw on youtube a few years back, where a borrowed ring, coin or I think even a small watch can be vanished and found insde sealed cardboard box. I cant recall whether it was a parcel like when you receive from the postal service, or if it was a sealed gift box style.
What I can remember is that a phenomenol production and that it was almost self working, as it had some kind of motorized gimmick inside so it was very easy to do even for a beginner.
It was kind of pricy but I would like to find that trick again, so if anyone can recall anything from my short description I would be very glad for your help! Smile
Thanks in advance!
Best regards
Unity
Corporate Magician
View Profile
Regular user
160 Posts

Profile of Corporate Magician
Hi Unity

The effect that you're looking for might be Timeless by João Miranda.

Have a nice day.

Regards

Corporate Magician
Unity
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of Unity
Hi Corporate Magician

Thanks for your reply, and it was exactly what I was looking for! Much appriciated.

I thought to remember that it was by João Miranda but could not find it in his shop, so I thought that my memory was wrong, and now I see that Murphys Magic has taken over the effect.

But a spicy price so I got to consider how bad I want it Smile

What is the most expensive trick that you have ever bought?

Best regards

Unity
Corporate Magician
View Profile
Regular user
160 Posts

Profile of Corporate Magician
Hi Unity

You're welcome.

One of the most expensive products that I purchased was a snow animator.

By the way have you considered purchasing any other products that might meet your requirements?

Have a nice day.

Regards

Corporate Magician
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3699 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
Find a nice size Lippencot box. A simple wooden box without gadgetry that works great. I use it for ring to box, and it kills. I think I paid $25 for it about 10 years ago.
FrankFindley
View Profile
Inner circle
1047 Posts

Profile of FrankFindley
Quote:
On Apr 15, 2024, Unity wrote:
But a spicy price so I got to consider how bad I want it Smile

I prefer the theater of the classic coin/ring in ball of yarn. It really plays big for parlor or small stage. Seeing the yarn turn in the glass as you pull the string really emphasizes the impossibility of it all. Not only is it less expensive, but there are no fancy electronics to go bad. Dan Harlen does a good job teaching it on his Tarbell 81: Modern Stage Magic tutorial. See video here at 1 minute 25 second mark: https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/9102