The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! :: Scent (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Joshua J
View Profile
Inner circle
1064 Posts

Profile of Joshua J
I just saw an advert for Sharpie atomizer and it reminded me of an idea I'd played with a good way back. Not something I ever pursued properly, but maybe someone else will have a use.

I wanted to add scent as little extra element to routines. I make use of these mini misters in craft, but figured they were good for spreading scent. You can buy similar as mini perfume sprays. These, I know, are a good size though. They are about the size of a pen and spray a very fine mist making it easier for the scent to travel further. There are smaller perfume ones you could probably palm. I made use of a few different mixes one of a musty mix of essential oils and another with lavender for inspiring different ideas. Even a small amount of fine mist diffuses around quite large rooms.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ranger-Inkssent......2&sr=8-5

I made use of them within a few routines where I had the chance to spray while walking behind spectators out of sight of the rest of the audience. A couple of times an assistant sprayed, but I rarely work with anyone else. I made use of it within a regression/midnight side of the mind type routine where I wanted to just add scent as a little extra element. Scent being particularly evocative. It has a little issue with the noise of the spray so need to talk over it, which is a little issue as the sort of times I wanted it were generally routines where silence was expected.

In the end I dropped the idea as I found it was enough to suggest people may smell something and left it to their imaginations. I didn't need an extra thing to carry or be caught out on, but someone else may find a use.
dorian_faust
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles, California
274 Posts

Profile of dorian_faust
I love the idea with this! Always be careful with scents though, some people get really sensitive when it comes to smells
Joshua J
View Profile
Inner circle
1064 Posts

Profile of Joshua J
Yes, always careful on that side. As this can be done dilute with water and it's subtle anyway I didn't encounter any issues on that front. Not to say you couldn't though you can always blame a poltergeist.
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3830 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
That's why I always use fart spray. lol
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie