The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: New to magic? :: Lighting conditions with I.T (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
ShadowCard
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of ShadowCard
Hi fellow magicians,
please can you help me figure out what are the basic rules with using I.T and lighting conditions.
Shall we face the lighting facing us or have it behind us ? (for example : the sun, or a window letting light through, inside an interior)
What about performing on stage and having light above us ?

When shall we never perform I.T, what are the worse conditions ?

Sorry if I ask much questions, I just wanna make sure I can have as much information as possible with your help.

thank you !
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Georgetown, South Carolina
3096 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
Look into Michael Ammar's " Easy to Master Thread Miracles "
He has a 3 volume dvd series and may be available on a download. Also look up Steve Fearson, Finn Jon, John Le Clair and many others which will help you regarding your questions.

There are different types of IT for different types of settings as well as the effects you want to achieve, not one thread fits all. Yes, lighting is certainly a consideration so a non elastic thread may be beneficial so as not to reflect the light.
Guilt will betray you before technique betrays you!
umutK
View Profile
New user
31 Posts

Profile of umutK
Yigal Mesika teaches lighting conditions on his Loop Legends
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3530 Posts

Profile of gaddy
If you can have a light that is in front of you, pointing into their eyes, you got it made...
*due to the editorial policies here, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*