The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Latest and Greatest? :: Pocket Roulette (22 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
GeraintClarke
View Profile
Special user
678 Posts

Profile of GeraintClarke
All pre-order customers now have access to the downloads in their account and all gimmicks have already started shipping today.

We prioritised the explanation edits for those who pre-ordered it... But Duane had a week off, so we're a bit delayed on the trailer, sorry. Should be able to launch the trailer on Monday (29th).

For those on the fence, feel free to wait for reviews or the trailer. And for those who liked my last 2 releases (Any Thought of Card to Pocket & Single Handed) you'll love this too.

Cheers all,

- G
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3786 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Got access to the download today. Many may have have the required gaff already so will say it could be a download only.
True, however you get 5 gaffs for repeat performances but the value is definitely the creative take from the pro's using this gaff, so for me it is value.

There is also no gaff versions, awesome.

I am not a pro but have been in luv with magic for over 60 years. I work in a shipyard so Friday afternoons after work there is the traditional hour or so down the Docks pub.
Gets rowdy with plenty in good spirits but will bust your chops in a New York minute. This is a great fun routine for such an atmosphere. I don't do a show, just one trick which usually segues into a second.
"Hey want to win a free round" is a great intro.
I'll probably stick with the Standard Version. Very easy clean up when they want to check everything, you're ahead of the game, important for me as there is only one gaff card in a normal deck.
The peeked at card could end up anywhere, under their drink, in a bottle, under their backside, anywhere.
This is a winner for guys like me, luv it.
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
If only I didn't have a wife and a kid I would have MUCH more than
2825 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
Sounds great, takeachanche. Good to hear it fits your style and where you perform. I can see how much fun this will be in those circumstances. I have a question: how about repeatability? Can you show it to the same group twice (or even more times)? I guess not, but I hope I'm wrong, as I really like this plot.
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3786 Posts

Profile of takeachance
You can as you get 5 different gaffs to change out which is not difficult. You could even have 2 in a normal deck for that situation. However there is also a couple of non gaff versions I'd go to first. Slightly different routine line but easily segued in.
Again, you probably already own the gaff, but it really is the creativity you're paying for. I always liked card in beer bottle effect for the environment I'm mainly performing in but always found it a bit difficult, with this you're way ahead of the game setting it up.
Rather than repeating I'll probably follow up with Cerebral Steal or Card to Box by James Brown and that would be my little show over, back to Jack's on the rocks LOL.
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
2825 Posts

Haha, sounds like a great Friday afternoon! Thanks for your help.
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
GeraintClarke
View Profile
Special user
678 Posts

Profile of GeraintClarke
Quote:
On Apr 27, 2024, The Unmasked Magician wrote:
Sounds great, takeachanche. Good to hear it fits your style and where you perform. I can see how much fun this will be in those circumstances. I have a question: how about repeatability? Can you show it to the same group twice (or even more times)? I guess not, but I hope I'm wrong, as I really like this plot.

Technically one gimmick could provide you with 2 forces. There are 6 in each pack. So that’s a total of 12.

If you only have one gimmick in your deck at any one time, you’d have two potential outcomes. So it would be repeatable.

Hope that helps Smile
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
2825 Posts

It does, thanks. Do you need a full deck to start with?
GeraintClarke
View Profile
Special user
678 Posts

Profile of GeraintClarke
Quote:
On Apr 28, 2024, The Unmasked Magician wrote:
It does, thanks. Do you need a full deck to start with?

Nope. No full deck required if that’s not how you want to perform it.

We teach the five card draw on the project that you could do with just 5 cards. And in the jam session section we mention using a poker hand if you’re only using 5.

When I say we covered every potential presentation to this, you’d be shocked at how many variations we’ve tried/worked out. Magic is so situational, what works for the bar doesn’t work for the street - and what works for one magician, won’t work for the other.

So we’ve covered many variations - and given alternative handling options so there is something for everyone.

The explanations are about 2.5 hours because so much is taught. You don’t have to watch it all, but if you want to learn all of the potential ways to perform this, it’s there Smile

- G
marcobasi
View Profile
New user
italy
44 Posts

Profile of marcobasi
Post the video, Geraint! Smile
m
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
2825 Posts

X2! Can’t wait to see a performance. Seems like a great plot and a great method.
GeraintClarke
View Profile
Special user
678 Posts

Profile of GeraintClarke
Trailer & performances have now been uploaded here: https://ellusionist.com/products/pocket-roulette
marcobasi
View Profile
New user
italy
44 Posts

Profile of marcobasi
Outstanding, thank you
Philippe
View Profile
Special user
778 Posts

Profile of Philippe
Where in the UK available please?
GeraintClarke
View Profile
Special user
678 Posts

Profile of GeraintClarke
Quote:
On Apr 30, 2024, Philippe wrote:
Where in the UK available please?

Mindfx (Michael Murray’s site) will stock them in the UK Smile

If you want to support him locally.

- G
Philippe
View Profile
Special user
778 Posts

Profile of Philippe
Perfect G.C. Thank you.
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
2825 Posts

This looks like great fun.
cardbiker
View Profile
Inner circle
1486 Posts

Profile of cardbiker
Clearly only 4 cards there but counted 5 ???
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7574 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Apr 30, 2024, cardbiker wrote:

Yes, that's what it seems like.
Check out Bafflingbob.com
Ivantoeknee
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of Ivantoeknee
Quote:
On Apr 30, 2024, cardbiker wrote:

Yes absolutely as blatant as can be. 4 cards so why say 5 when it was as clear as day?
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3082 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
I’m thinking that’s the sleight free version and uses a bluff count. Kudos for the honest demo.