The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Tricks & Effects :: New Coke Bottle (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Ken Dumm
View Profile
Inner circle
1243 Posts

Profile of Ken Dumm
Nielsen and Harrius have now teamed up to present The Ultimate Vanishing Bottle, Coke Version.

Looks great, here's the link with the details:

https://www.tannens.com/products/refille......w.SJ879d

Great for family shows! Mexican coke bottles are found in most grocery and party stores in the US.
Shawn D
View Profile
Elite user
Hughson,Ca
465 Posts

Profile of Shawn D
There goes another 75 bucks from my wallet.

Looks really good and great for the times you cant use the corona bottle.
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
2589 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
Thanks for the heads up. Is Henry Harrius not selling it? I don't see it on his website.
magicnorm
View Profile
Special user
506 Posts

Profile of magicnorm
Now that's a very nice looking bottle, still have and use the original ones from Nielson. Only hassle I have is finding full bottles of the size of my originals, so the fact these are the same size as the mexican coke
bottles available in stores currently is nice.

NM
gumbimagic
View Profile
Veteran user
Too busy performing to have more than
315 Posts

Profile of gumbimagic
Already on the way to my door. Shipped today.
Ken Dumm
View Profile
Inner circle
1243 Posts

Profile of Ken Dumm
Quote:
On Mar 12, 2024, Magic KL wrote:
Thanks for the heads up. Is Henry Harrius not selling it? I don't see it on his website.

I'm sure he will, Tannens sent this info out in their newsletter. They may have just gotten it up first. The demo is at Tannen's showroom, so they must have gotten stock, or a demo to start selling them.
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3368 Posts

Profile of tophatter
Very Nice Is the Label a sticker or printed on the bottle ?
Thanks,
Tophatter
Magic from A to Z
View Profile
Elite user
Sweet Home Alabama
481 Posts

Profile of Magic from A to Z
Quote:
On Mar 12, 2024, magicnorm wrote:
Now that's a very nice looking bottle, still have and use the original ones from Nielson. Only hassle I have is finding full bottles of the size of my originals, so the fact these are the same size as the mexican coke
bottles available in stores currently is nice.

NM

Check your local antique shop ..
Ken Dumm
View Profile
Inner circle
1243 Posts

Profile of Ken Dumm
Quote:
On Mar 13, 2024, tophatter wrote:
Very Nice Is the Label a sticker or printed on the bottle ?
Thanks,
Tophatter

I didn't see the ability to order replacement labels, so I sent a note to ask. I'll let you know the reply when I get it.
gumbimagic
View Profile
Veteran user
315 Posts

Profile of gumbimagic
I have this in hand now. Same super high quality as Refilled. The labels are vinyl just like with Refilled. The tutorial provided is the same one as the Corona bottle. I received 40 coke labels and 20 of the back label. I am very happy with this. I am sure at some point this will pop up on the Norm Nielsen or Henry Harrius site, possibly elsewhere also.
spudster85
View Profile
Regular user
Northern Kentucky
130 Posts

Profile of spudster85
Quote:
On Mar 18, 2024, gumbimagic wrote:
I have this in hand now. Same super high quality as Refilled. The labels are vinyl just like with Refilled. The tutorial provided is the same one as the Corona bottle. I received 40 coke labels and 20 of the back label. I am very happy with this. I am sure at some point this will pop up on the Norm Nielsen or Henry Harrius site, possibly elsewhere also.

On the replacement labels, are they like what is shown in the demo pictures? Or, do they have a real Coke logo, like on the real bottle? If they're of the made up logo, I may have to figure a way of making my own "real" labels.
gumbimagic
View Profile
Veteran user
315 Posts

Profile of gumbimagic
The labels that come with the effect are the ones you see in the trailer and ad pictures. Norm Nielson magic still has their Coke bottle labels on their site for the old version of the Coke Bottle. They offer no “replacement” labels at the moment that I am aware of just the ones that come with the effect. I hope that helps.
spudster85
View Profile
Regular user
Northern Kentucky
130 Posts

Profile of spudster85
Quote:
On Mar 19, 2024, gumbimagic wrote:
The labels that come with the effect are the ones you see in the trailer and ad pictures. Norm Nielson magic still has their Coke bottle labels on their site for the old version of the Coke Bottle. They offer no “replacement” labels at the moment that I am aware of just the ones that come with the effect. I hope that helps.

Thanks for the heads up. My bottle arrived in the mail today. I emailed Nielson to ask if they are or would be making replacement labels that actually have the coke logo. They replied and said no. I find that super disappointing. The bottle is of amazing quality! The label looks nothing like the real thing other than it is red and white in color. I hope they eventually change their minds.

The best solution I can come up with currently is using the supplied labels and sticking one to the real bottle so they at least match.
Newb2
View Profile
Elite user
483 Posts

Profile of Newb2
Does it make much of a difference if the label on the Refilled gimmick doesn’t EXACTLY match the ungimmicked bottle? The spectator will never see both bottles side by side and both labels look very similar to each other to the point I doubt any spectator would notice any discrepancies…
spudster85
View Profile
Regular user
Northern Kentucky
130 Posts

Profile of spudster85
The labels are not that close. Not at all close. And, per the instructions for Refilled (which this is a version of) the spectator is to be close enough to "clink" the glass bottle inside the paper bag with the provided bottle opener.

What made Refilled so popular was that the bottle was a perfect remake of a Corona bottle, including the labels. The largest request was that a version be made family friendly without an alcoholic beverage. This has been marketed as the fulfillment of this request.

The Coke logo is perhaps THE most recognized logo in the world. Modifying to something (debatably) similar doesn't cut it in this case. Nielson has made labels for years for the older bottle designs that implement the real logo. Why change now?
Ken Dumm
View Profile
Inner circle
1243 Posts

Profile of Ken Dumm
Quote:
On Mar 22, 2024, spudster85 wrote:
The labels are not that close. Not at all close. And, per the instructions for Refilled (which this is a version of) the spectator is to be close enough to "clink" the glass bottle inside the paper bag with the provided bottle opener.

What made Refilled so popular was that the bottle was a perfect remake of a Corona bottle, including the labels. The largest request was that a version be made family friendly without an alcoholic beverage. This has been marketed as the fulfillment of this request.

The Coke logo is perhaps THE most recognized logo in the world. Modifying to something (debatably) similar doesn't cut it in this case. Nielson has made labels for years for the older bottle designs that implement the real logo. Why change now?

I'm just guessing, but Nielsen may have received a cease and desist letter from Coke. I heard the license they had for the Heinz bottle was not renewed due to the expense, so this may be a similar situation. Brands do have to defend their logos against any infringements, no matter how small.
spudster85
View Profile
Regular user
Northern Kentucky
130 Posts

Profile of spudster85
Quote:
On Mar 22, 2024, Ken Dumm wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 22, 2024, spudster85 wrote:

I'm just guessing, but Nielsen may have received a cease and desist letter from Coke. I heard the license they had for the Heinz bottle was not renewed due to the expense, so this may be a similar situation. Brands do have to defend their logos against any infringements, no matter how small.

Could be. But, they're still selling the old bottles and labels. I was even provided a link to purchase those. A C&D letter would prohibit all sales.

I'm just bummed at this. I wish there was a way to print these. I've looked. I cannot do it without a serious investment. The effect is not worth that. Though, if I change my mind and start printing them, you all know where to get them!
gumbimagic
View Profile
Veteran user
315 Posts

Profile of gumbimagic
These are designed to look like Mexican Coke bottles which they do look like. The Corona bottle label has an issue also, it is not exact as stated above. It’s good enough most of you missed it, just like if you set a Mexican Coke bottle next to this. This will not match anything but a Mexican Coke bottle. They are available pretty much everywhere is the USA.

They also used to make vinyl sheets for inkjet printers. I don’t know if they still do, but it would be super easy to make Coke labels if they are. I just checked Amazon they are still available. They are about $10 for 30 8 x 11 sheets.
Ken Dumm
View Profile
Inner circle
1243 Posts

Profile of Ken Dumm
Looks (sounds like, pun intended) like Vanishing Inc is adding a bonus "audio convincer" to the package. Very nice idea!

https://www.vanishingincmagic.com/stage-......ce=email
erichoudini
View Profile
Loyal user
202 Posts

Profile of erichoudini
I am awaiting my Vanishing Coca Cola bottle from Vanishing Inc. and am wondering if the Coca Cola bottles from Mexico all have a green tint and if so, will the Nielsen-Harris bottle match it? Thanks for any information anyone can provide.
Eric.