The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Gaffed & Funky :: Svengali Deck Problems (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
fcchief1
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of fcchief1
I have one Svengali deck here at home but all the force cards are longer than the other cards, (even checked it against a brand new deck of cards) which I thought was strange. Anyway in my search to get a couple new Svengali decks which I need for a certain effect I found that almost everywhere I looked, the comments were negative on the quality. Either they were unevenly cut, corners messed up etc. I checked the usual amazon, and large online magic places and read the reviews. Does anyone know of a source to get a good quality Svengali deck or two? Thanks!
Daniel Ulzen
View Profile
Elite user
Berlin/Germany
495 Posts

Profile of Daniel Ulzen
A Svengali deck with long forcing cards is often called "Svengali deck reversed", sold by some dealers, it's just a different trick.

Maybe buy the Svengali deck with Bicycle cards from an established magic dealer. Then I would assume that the deck is good. In Germany, I bought such a deck from the dealer Tesmar a few months ago and was completely satisfied. Without knowing for sure, I assume that this deck for $10 from the us-dealer Abbotts is good:
https://abbottmagic.com/shop/ols/product......tch-demo
fcchief1
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of fcchief1
Ah ok that makes sense. Will have to get one or two from Abbotts since it is only a few hours away from where I live. Thanks!
badwords
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of badwords
That could be a blessing in disguise! Many, myself included, prefer a reverse Svengali deck. It allows you to show the faces of the cares while shuffling.