The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The Big and the Small :: Bizzaro Mini Deck Box Change (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1999 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
In the What to do with mini cards thread someone referred to the trick Mini Deck as a trick that is worth doing with a miniature deck. I found the trick to my liking so I purchased it and made up the gimmick. Upon performing this effect a few times, I was searching for an opening for the effect as I didn't quite know how to get into it (as Vernon would say).

Then along comes Bizzaro to answer my question. Upon seeing him lecture at NEMCOM 42, I was pleased to see that Bizzaro was teaching a trick that involves the magician bringing out a box of cards, opening the box and removing a Joker from the deck only to directly thereafter change the regular size card box to a small box of cards which is opened to show a full deck of miniature cards which he then uses to do a mini card effect.

Bizzaro teaches the effect, including the gimmick and how to construct it. He was even nice enough to let us take photos of mini-deck gimmick so we could attempt to replicate it ourselves. If Bizzaro is lecturing and this gimmick interests you, GO to the lecture because this gimmick is quite awesome, looks great and works like a dream.

Bizzaro was most gracious to share his effect with us. He not only tipped this gaff, but he also shared how he built his Oreo production box. His tip on using blue Sharpies to write on the red backs of cards was a revelation. The blue pops off the red backs noticeably better than black. The lecture was well worth the price of admission.
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin