The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Magic names and the media :: Siegfried and Joy, Magicians of the Year! (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
equivoque
View Profile
Special user
862 Posts

Profile of equivoque
Siegfried & Joy are the best thing to happen to the Magic Community in decades! They should have been invited to perform at Blackpool! They are everything that is good about magic! They are Internet and social media sensations! Most importantly, they have inspired millions of people from all over the world to get into the act!
Tschark86
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of Tschark86
I agree 100%!

I saw their full show twice and it is hilarious! Also the magic is really good. They are actually good magicians which surprises many people who only know their instagram.

Although I love them a lot, I heard that people weren't too impressed when they competed at the last FISM. Maybe people thought that they make fun of magic (which I don't agree on at all!) or maybe their humor doesn't translate too well to English (they talk quite a lot in their show). I still agree that it would have been great to see them in Blackpool and think that their show would be a hit there. Maybe they'll be there on day. Who knows...?

But what I do know is that audiences absolutely love them.
I saw them once on their tour (where most people probably had an idea on what to expect) and once at a street festival (where I assume most of the audience did not know them beforehand) and on both occasions the reactions were great.

I spoke to them briefly after the shows and they also seem like really amazing, down to earth guys. You can feel that they love magic and genuinely love spreading joy and happiness.
equivoque
View Profile
Special user
862 Posts

Profile of equivoque
They make people love magic again’! I think that the saying, “a raising tide lifts all boats,” Is especially true in the world of magic. I have to say I am tempted to buy some gold lemay fabric and make some videos myself!