The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Table hoppers & party strollers :: Linking Rings managemet when table hopping (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Pedrovincent
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of Pedrovincent
Hello there!

I was wondering... For those of you who do the linking rings in table hopping (and walkaround for that matter), where do you keep your rings?

I have a Melero ring set, and I can see myself storing them either in the outer pocket of my suit coat or tucked behind the pants on the back. In the first case, I worry that there might be some clinking sound while I move around (although it's probably the best option). In the second case, I fear that the rings will drop down my pants (which wouldn't be particularly elegant!).

Cheers!

Pedro
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9997 Posts

Profile of funsway
My Ancient Rings Series of Ebooks addresses that issue with many different solutions. One eBook free on lybrary.com. One released and six more pending.

But, I am open to discuss this topic any time ken@eversway.com

For me, a key factor is not just 'storage', but how to introduce them in a way that makes sense and engages the audience.
How to handle rings "not in play" and "set-aside" advantages are also part of "storage" and management.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
Pedrovincent
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of Pedrovincent
Thank you, Ken! I'll have a look at your eBook. You certainly have a lot to share that I most probably haven't even began thinking about. I'll send you an email if I have questions regarding the content of the book. Thanks again Smile
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Georgetown, South Carolina
3096 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
I use the Messado Rings and routine. I never really kept them on my person rather in my storage case for easy access.
In restaurant work time at a table varies so much and if I knew I had a little time I would go grab the rings.
Guilt will betray you before technique betrays you!
RobertApodaca
View Profile
Regular user
Henderson, NV
151 Posts

Profile of RobertApodaca
It's tough, I usually just go to my case grab em and put them back. Sometime I put them in the coat pockets but they can get a bit jammed.
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3082 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
The Ninja rings come with a small leather snap loop that goes around your belt. I bet his could google or make something similar
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9997 Posts

Profile of funsway
I always tie up my small ring sets with a cord/sash that conceals the Gap when I pull it out of a pocket or satchel. Then I am always ready for Ring on Rope effects too.

An added advantage used in several Routines is have a spectator hold the rings while I untie the cord with their fist concealing the Gap.
This can enhance the impression of "natural, normal and all the same."
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
Pedrovincent
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of Pedrovincent
Thanks everyone for your advices! Perhaps a case or satchel is the best way to go to get started.
AlxRosekoski
View Profile
New user
40 Posts

Profile of AlxRosekoski
I put them in my front pocket and make sure I have a belt