The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Believe it or not... :: Where To Buy Realistic Fake Cutlass That Can Be Torn To Pieces With Bare Hands? (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Qut3n
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of Qut3n
Hello Magicians

I watched a video https://files.fm/f/h9va7484rs of a Magician tearing a realistic cutlass with his bare hands. The stunt looks amazing and I would like to give it a try in my next magic show

Please Where Can I Buy Realistic Fake Cutlass That Can Be Torn To Pieces With Bare Hands?
Ray Pierce
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2604 Posts

Profile of Ray Pierce
Again, these are not “stock” magic effects that can simply be purchased from a dealer. Usually they are passed down through generations and custom made by the artists. The only way to do this is to spend the same amount of time as the originators and create the effect yourself. There are no shortcuts to success.
Ray Pierce
imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved back to Midwest to see
1349 Posts

Profile of imgic
The way it tears, it looks to be cardboard or heavy paper stock. Get some posterboard and some metallic silver paint, Krylon sells "Hammered" metallic paint that gives a realistic texture, and try it out...
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
Qut3n
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of Qut3n
Quote:
On Mar 28, 2024, imgic wrote:
The way it tears, it looks to be cardboard or heavy paper stock. Get some posterboard and some metallic silver paint, Krylon sells "Hammered" metallic paint that gives a realistic texture, and try it out...

I created a fake cutlass using cardboard but when I tore it, it looks so fake that spectators will know it was a cardboard paper. Any other suggestions here on the best materials used to create a realistic fake cutlass will be highly appreciated. Thanks
ssucahyo
View Profile
Inner circle
1954 Posts

Profile of ssucahyo
Saw that video.
For me that's too obvious.
Audience will understand it's not real metal.
The way he tore is too easy.
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3531 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
Magnetic stripping; Velcro;double sided tape
They only show the splitting, the after split are not shown.