The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The workers :: If you could only have one card magic book? (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
ejohn
View Profile
Special user
Atlanta
723 Posts

Profile of ejohn
The Card Magic of Nick Trost.
lancer3
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of lancer3
Card College if that counts as one... Since I assume it doesn't, maybe Mnemonica simply because it feels like it could take a lifetime to master everything in that book.
ajb6864
View Profile
Special user
Greece
638 Posts

Profile of ajb6864
Alton Sharpe's - "Expert Card Mysteries" is a book that was very influential to me, as it was the first 'proper' card magic book I owned that wasn't full of counting or spelling tricks.

Great content by some of the world's best card men :- Larry Jennings - The Visitor, Open Travellers & Homing Card are all in there, Harvey Rosenthal - Cavorting Aces ( a favourite of Charlie Miller), along with contributions from other well known luminaries, such as Ed Marlo, Ken Krenzel, Roger Klause, Bruce Cervon, Paul Le Paul etc.

There are also a few unusual sleights and techniques taught, but the highlight was reading the material of lesser known magicians that was very good as well.
reese
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell
1335 Posts

Profile of reese
A Marlo book.
Alan M
View Profile
Elite user
California
435 Posts

Profile of Alan M
Quote:
On Mar 1, 2024, tenchu wrote:
Hard question. Probably Greater Magic.

Mike

This would be my pick as well. But if it does not qualify since the book is not strictly cards, then I would choose "Card Magic" which is a book that contains all of the card work from Greater Magic. Great book for anyone that is not interested in the rest of the content in Greater Magic.