The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Tricks & Effects :: Six lottery prediction by Lloyd Barnes (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
elimagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1664 Posts

Profile of elimagic
I just received this and I’m testing the method and the supplied url does not seem to work. So unless I’m missing something, perhaps there’s an issue with this. I’m hoping I’m just missing something.

Seems intriguing though based on the booklet. Very fresh look at this plot.
elimagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1664 Posts

Profile of elimagic
Update…
Apparently there was a typo in the booklet which explains the issue I was having. So that’s good. Anyways, I do feel like this deserves some discussion as I think this method is very interesting. Definitely a new approach. Without going into exposure, the ticket is real, and the method of picking the numbers is seemingly random by the spectator. I think this could fly. It’s not something to do on stage, I don’t think it would suit that type of formal performance, but for a close up/ strolling environment I think this could play. I’m going to re-read and perhaps try it in a show this weekend during my strolling set and I’ll report back.
Phatmeat
View Profile
Special user
Silver Spring, Maryland
755 Posts

Profile of Phatmeat
Phatmeat
View Profile
Special user
Silver Spring, Maryland
755 Posts

Profile of Phatmeat
Elimagic, are you saying that there was a typo with the provided url in the booklet? If so, how did you figure out the correct url that you need to visit? Asking in case I decide to purchase this and run into the same issue.
Roberto W
View Profile
Inner circle
1257 Posts

Profile of Roberto W
Well from a user who has it above saying it ‘could’ fly and that’s with lay people, I’m sorry but don’t believe all these big names were apparently fooled at the session. Just feel this for marketing was yet another case of magicians helping magicians (hopefully I’m wrong). Will await more impartial, unbias and independent reviews. Sadly these days they are always valued and trusted a lot more.
elimagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1664 Posts

Profile of elimagic
Quote:
On Feb 29, 2024, Phatmeat wrote:
Elimagic, are you saying that there was a typo with the provided url in the booklet? If so, how did you figure out the correct url that you need to visit? Asking in case I decide to purchase this and run into the same issue.

Yes there was a typo. There’s a website with a link to videos performances and a text update that is listed as well(correctly) so when I went there, that’s where the update was provided and clarity given. So I would just recommend, read the entire pamphlet firsts before trying the method.

This method heavily relies on a bit of psychology employed that is what makes it deceptive. I think it’s certainly possible that magicians could be fooled (even though I’m a firm believer in that this isn’t a very good judge of the merit of an effect as I only perform for paying clients, not magicians), however, I will say, some of those magicians probably were suspending a bit of disbelief and putting themselves in the mind of what a spectator would be thinking. I don’t think that’s a demerit at all, as again that’s who the trick is for. Lloyd does actually make a lengthy point discussing that this isn’t meant to fool magicians in the beginning of the booklet. The process involved, is justified, but to magicians who live in the process and teach themselves to parse out every individual piece into its respective parts, I can understand why the process was left out of the marketing.

If this was hundreds of dollars, I don’t know if I could recommend it because again, it is more geared for a relaxed close up setting. For the very minimal price, I think this is nice. I should note, there are no apps and the process is done entirely by the spectator, on their phone.

Haven’t tested this with real people yet, but I’m looking forward to doing so.

Eli
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2567 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Hey guys,

I purchased this, but have yet to get it.

I am excited to receive it and start to work on it as well.

I can make a full review once I have it in my hands, and have had a chance to work through it.

Thanks

Alex Alejandro
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
Roberto W
View Profile
Inner circle
1257 Posts

Profile of Roberto W
Quote:
On Feb 29, 2024, elimagic wrote:
Quote:

Yes there was a typo. There’s a website with a link to videos performances and a text update that is listed as well(correctly) so when I went there, that’s where the update was provided and clarity given. So I would just recommend, read the entire pamphlet firsts before trying the method.

This method heavily relies on a bit of psychology employed that is what makes it deceptive. I think it’s certainly possible that magicians could be fooled (even though I’m a firm believer in that this isn’t a very good judge of the merit of an effect as I only perform for paying clients, not magicians), however, I will say, some of those magicians probably were suspending a bit of disbelief and putting themselves in the mind of what a spectator would be thinking. I don’t think that’s a demerit at all, as again that’s who the trick is for. Lloyd does actually make a lengthy point discussing that this isn’t meant to fool magicians in the beginning of the booklet. The process involved, is justified, but to magicians who live in the process and teach themselves to parse out every individual piece into its respective parts, I can understand why the process was left out of the marketing.

If this was hundreds of dollars, I don’t know if I could recommend it because again, it is more geared for a relaxed close up setting. For the very minimal price, I think this is nice. I should note, there are no apps and the process is done entirely by the spectator, on their phone.

Eli

Personally I think the reactions in the trailer was that of their own reactions and how they apparently felt - not a reaction putting themselves in a lay persons shoes and imagining how they would feel. AlsoI think anyone performing for real people, would or should only care if it’s fooling/entertaining for lay people and not care if it’s fooling for magicians.

As far as pricing I also at I think it’s in a way irrelevant how much an effect costs (unless it’s affordability that may be a issue) because no matter if something costs $1 or $1000, if you feel it’s for you from what you seen, knowing how it looks and plays then great. This is why the controversy over effects when people buy a product quite expensive, only to find the materials/gimmick very cheap to manufacture. But people forget there is more too it inc the appreciation of the routines, the idea etc.

Framing it to this, if this is something that ticks peoples box’s and people can afford to buy it, it shouldn't really matter. Re the reactions I just hope when more impartial reviews come in, people can confirm they can understand why the big names gave the reactions, which hopefully wasn’t just emphasized and exaggerated because they were on camera, who it is and of who’s product it is.

But will be interesting Eli how you feel it plays in the real world with the reactions too.
Thanks for all the info
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
13001 Posts

Profile of John C
It's sold out. Boo hoo
elimagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1664 Posts

Profile of elimagic
Quote:
On Feb 29, 2024, Roberto W wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 29, 2024, elimagic wrote:
Quote:

Eli

Personally I think the reactions in the trailer was that of their own reactions and how they apparently felt - not a reaction putting themselves in a lay persons shoes and imagining how they would feel. AlsoI think anyone performing for real people, would or should only care if it’s fooling/entertaining for lay people and not care if it’s fooling for magicians.

As far as pricing I also at I think it’s in a way irrelevant how much an effect costs (unless it’s affordability that may be a issue) because no matter if something costs $1 or $1000, if you feel it’s for you from what you seen, knowing how it looks and plays then great. This is why the controversy over effects when people buy a product quite expensive, only to find the materials/gimmick very cheap to manufacture. But people forget there is more too it inc the appreciation of the routines, the idea etc.

Framing it to this, if this is something that ticks peoples box’s and people can afford to buy it, it shouldn't really matter. Re the reactions I just hope when more impartial reviews come in, people can confirm they can understand why the big names gave the reactions, which hopefully wasn’t just emphasized and exaggerated because they were on camera, who it is and of who’s product it is.

But will be interesting Eli how you feel it plays in the real world with the reactions too.
Thanks for all the info

I completely agree with you, especially when you mentioned that pricing shouldn’t really matter. Just to expand on what I meant in my comments about price, this plot has frequently been explored by high tech methods that are thousands of dollars, and with that comes a flexibility that six does not allow for, which means that those higher priced methods are in essence, completely clean and lend themselves to a more formal stage performance, which is what you essentially are getting for the extra money. I just meant that I think for the incredibly low price that this release commands to be able to address a plot that historically Sees many more $attached to it is a really great thing, however, this does have limitations, but I think in a close-up scenario this would play almost exactly, as well as those higher priced methods when used in the same context. That’s all I meant by that, but I should say that this will be very usable for workers and those that perform for real people regularly as the audience management and psychology at play is , nothing concerning for those to deal with real people on a regular basis but those that are trying to fool their Magician buddies probably will find this a bit disappointing as that’s not what it was intended for.

Good thoughts!

Eli
Roberto W
View Profile
Inner circle
1257 Posts

Profile of Roberto W
Honestly, no need to feel you have to justify or explain as everything you said in the other post made sense and yep I know what you mean. It’s great you’re going into detail whilst being respectful not to give too much away re method etc, which I’m sure Lloyd appreciates too.

It’s just interesting how from your opinion you feel it wouldn't fool magicians, yet strangely a lot of big names on the trailer (who are very knowledgable too) are freaking out apparently fooled. But as in the previous posts we will gauge from honest reviews how it really is and more importantly what lay peoples reactions are which is the most important. But that’s great and will be interesting how it really plays to lay people. Keep us posted and thanks again.
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4196 Posts

Profile of warren
I'll wait for the reviews however the fact it costs £50 and there's a typo so you struggle to even get access to the video performances isn't a good start.
Unlucky13
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of Unlucky13
I've been doing SIX since I seen it performed in Blackpool. Lloyd performed it to me and it did fool me bad. If those in the trailer felt the same way I did then the reactions were genuine. The typo was corrected pretty much instantly in an update to buyers so I don't think that was an issue. For £50 you get a really hard hitting piece that I have had in my sets and it does get seriously good reactions. It does require the right time to perform which is all addressed in the booklet which you do need to read cover to cover to be able to perform this as intended.
bekralik
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1365 Posts

Profile of bekralik
Too bad it's not still available. I was waiting for reviews first and then it sold out.