The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Paper money madness! :: Best Method for Switching a $1 for another $1 bill (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2544 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
Hello,

I am looking for input into switching a bill for a bill undetected preferably with no TT. This would be for serial number divinations and for tricks like Treasury (https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/14595).

Any suggestions are much appreciated. Thanks.
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2544 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
So far I am thinking of a paper clip switch or a crossing the gaze switch.
Signet
View Profile
Loyal user
258 Posts

Profile of Signet
How about the use of a quiver coin purse? This would be a very easy way to exchange the bill undetected.
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2544 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
Signet,

Thank you for commenting. A quiver purse would definitely get the job done. My goal (and I should have mentioned this) is to be able to carry the bill(s) in my wallet and be ready to go. I am wanting to be able to borrow a deck of cards and apparently borrow a bill and perform a serial number divination with the deck of cards.

Again thank you for your comment, I should have been more clear about my goal.
trickyat86
View Profile
Special user
Pittsburgh, PA
610 Posts

Profile of trickyat86
Crossing the gaze switch, or switching it out while moving a deck or other object from one hand to another might be a good route. Also if your prepped bill is going to live in your wallet, maybe something like the FPS Zeta wallet ( https://brickandmortarmagic.com/products......rm-trick ) might be a good fit to switch in the bill? With how the wallet is designed, you can put the borrow bill in quickly close/reopen to switch it out, can be done within a gag of stealing/charging them a dollar.
countrymaven
View Profile
Inner circle
1431 Posts

Profile of countrymaven
If you want it to be fairly easy and to appear very fair, I would suggest a switching envelope in a manila coin envelope size or close to that. Yet I am not sure if you are looking for an instant switch. If you want a very fair switch without seeming to cover the bill, check out Jay Scott Berry's Penguin live. Lots of training w a Sanada there.
Jay
View Profile
Elite user
Northern New Jersey
409 Posts

Profile of Jay
Alain Nu has an interesting switch using a Sharpie with two caps--bigger movement covers the smaller movement as you flip the Sharpie in your hand and switch the bill that is clipped under the cap.
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5958 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
Lyons Switch in Annemann's Practical Mental Effects. It makes it seem that the bill never left their sight.
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3876 Posts

Profile of Julie
Quote:
On May 8, 2024, Jay wrote:
Alain Nu has an interesting switch using a Sharpie with two caps--bigger movement covers the smaller movement as you flip the Sharpie in your hand and switch the bill that is clipped under the cap.

What a great idea! It's the old principle of the dowel rod with a bulldog/binder clip (at each end) refined to a logical presentation.

'Can't wait to try it.