The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Nothing up my sleeve... :: The Vanishing Book trick (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
fonda57
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
3079 Posts

Profile of fonda57
When I got back from a 4 week stay at the hospital I found that some things were missing from my apartment. Notably, my copy of Coin magic by Mr. Kaufman along with some half dollars.Thats one of my faves, too.Took me awhile to be able to joke about it. I'll think of a joke. I will.
tonsofquestions
View Profile
Inner circle
1813 Posts

Profile of tonsofquestions
I had something similar happen a few weeks back. I came back to discover someone had stolen my brand new limbo pole.
I mean ... how low can you go?

In all seriousness, my condolences, that sucks. I understand stealing coins (though may not be worth much if just clad), but the book seems surprising; not great resale value outside of the magic community. Maybe someone cleaned it up and moved it elsewhere?
Fortunately it's been reprinted so you should be able to get a replacement without too much difficulty.
fonda57
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
3079 Posts

Profile of fonda57
There has been a lot of that going sround
GJo
View Profile
Loyal user
283 Posts

Profile of GJo
Having experienced a similar situation with someone in my family, I am hopeful your book and coins were placed somewhere by a family member or friend who intended to put them safely away.

Is there somewhere out of sight you have put magic props and books when you haven’t wanted them seen by others?
fonda57
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
3079 Posts

Profile of fonda57
I just have them in the cabinets. It's a small studio apartment. I use to have a big free standing shelf for books but they kept falling off.