The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes :: Book of the Year 2023 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7036 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Waddaya think folks? Do we have a book of the year for 2023?
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7036 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Is anybody running the contest for 2023? It's proven to be a big deal for the winner over the past several years.
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
3068 Posts

Profile of michaelmystic2003
My book of the year - and I'm sure this will be true for many others - is Notes From a Fellow Traveller by Derren Brown.

Runners up: Very Hush-Hush by John Bannon, Parallax by Max Maven, Vallarino by John Lovick.
Learn more about my upcoming book of close up magic and theory SYNTHESIS & SECRETS: A Magic Book in Four Acts: https://www.michaelkrasworks.com/synthesis-secrets
Jake Austin
View Profile
Loyal user
Colorado Springs
237 Posts

Profile of Jake Austin
I’ve run it the past couple years, but don’t plan to this year. Best wishes to whoever steps up.

Jake
S.A.M Assembly 170, Colorado Springs
170sam.org
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7036 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Not sure what's involved in running it but my vote goes for John Bannon's Very Hush Hush.
Chris K
View Profile
Inner circle
2545 Posts

Profile of Chris K
Quote:
On Feb 26, 2024, Jake Austin wrote:
I’ve run it the past couple years, but don’t plan to this year. Best wishes to whoever steps up.

Jake

And Big thanks to you for doing so.

They are going to hate to hear it but the Magic Cafe staff should really run this sort of thing anyway. I could give numerous reasons why but ¯_(?)_/¯