The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Smooth as silk :: Card Silk (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7035 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Hey gang. I've never owned a card silk but I'm thinking of buying one or two. Do you guys use them? Any favourite routines? Anything in print I should know about?
Talk to me guys .
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7035 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Yikes...
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7669 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Magic Inc. used to have a book called Card Hankercheif' or something similar. I was using cheap printed cotton hankies but you could use it for silk. I believe Aldo Columbina had some ideas either on video or his notes.
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7035 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Thanks hug
FrankFindley
View Profile
Inner circle
1047 Posts

Profile of FrankFindley
The book Richard mentioned may be "Card-kerchiefs & Their Magic". It was an inexpensive compilation of routines from various magicians. It was carried in a lot of brick and mortar magic stores. I remember that Karrell Fox had a routine in it.

Peter White of P&A Silks was also a huge proponent of card silks and had compiled a book but I am not sure if it was ever published. But he had a lot of neat ideas for card silks that he would share freely at conventions. He sold a color changing silk set I wish I had purchased. The idea was that you would have a person choose a card and be unable to find it. So you take out your handkerchief to rub your forehead. It is a blank silk except for the border. Then you say sleight of hand isn't going to save you but real magic might. So you do the color changing silk showing the silk is now printed with their selected card.

My favorite card silk routine is Fantasio's card sword cane. I have one in my collection.