The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Nothing up my sleeve... :: Where to buy Kennedy Half dollars (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
tonsofquestions
View Profile
Inner circle
1813 Posts

Profile of tonsofquestions
Penguin does, but it's approximately $20 per roll, which is a dollar per coin.
The OP was asking about ways to get them without paying premiums.
aoakden
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of aoakden
Are you unable to get them from the bank? If you go to the teller they generally are able to order in denominations that they may not normally carry.
charliemartin
View Profile
Special user
Rapid City, SD
780 Posts

Profile of charliemartin
Go to your bank. I bartend and I got a few rolls of half dollars to give out as change. Plus now I get tipped back those same coins plus gives me stuff to do magic with. Ring in a folding half.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On Feb 2, 2024, karnak wrote:
A 47% premium, at that!

So the US Mint wants nearly an extra quarter for each half dollar you acquire from them?

How is it even legal that a fifty-cent piece of legal tender, fresh from the government who made it (and officially declared and labeled it as worth exactly fifty cents) actually costs nearly seventy-five cents — just because it comes straight from its source, instead of from somebody’s pocket or cash register?

I hesitate at the idea of buying 200 of them, then I think about how I lose things and think; "maybe..."
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax