The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Magicians of old :: He Belongs Here Too… Earl “Presto”Johnson (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9538 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Not sure if this magician has been covered here, but I didn’t come across him of all the many other wonders here I’ve seen. But this guy is someone I remember seeing as a kid growing up in Harlem, and he was well known and respected among the NYC Magic set. I’ve always remembered him since seeing him as a young boy perform at the famed Apollo Theater in Harlem, NYC. He was a consummate performer and quite amazing magician, closeup and stage.

*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
Gerry Walkowski
View Profile
Inner circle
1450 Posts

Profile of Gerry Walkowski
Thanks so much for sharing that. What an amazing performer!
Pop Haydn
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3695 Posts

Profile of Pop Haydn
Presto was a great guy and a great performer. He was a huge help to me in the late 1960's when I was a street performer in New York City. He gave me lots of advice on performing and making the hat that were vital to my making a living on the streets.