The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Nothing up my sleeve... :: No coins! (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
fonda57
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
3079 Posts

Profile of fonda57
Great. Stuck in a physical rehab place after the hospital and no coins to play with! Cards are fun, sure, but me want coins. Oh well, I will roll up tissues and pretend. Smile
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9538 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Hang in there buddy, you’ll figure out something and hopefully get better and be out of there soon. Smile Sending strong magic your way.
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
fonda57
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
3079 Posts

Profile of fonda57
Thanks MB. You are a gentleman and sleight of hand artist
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9997 Posts

Profile of funsway
When my wife rehab following surgery, I found a set of checkers in the dining room and entertained with those.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3529 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
Have you in prayers fonda57. If they have bottled water, can use the bottle top.
fonda57
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
3079 Posts

Profile of fonda57
Oooh, awesome ideas. Will keep my eyes open
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4684 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
Sending my best wishes for a speedy recovery!
Special sale! FREE magician T shirt (a $25 value, only L or XL - see link) while supplies last with each purchase of MIGRATE ($35 ppd USA) Magnetic Coins ($40 ppd USA) or Conviction Prediction ($45 ppd
https://youtube.com/shorts/GbIwPoZ8qy4?si=eqxR6X6XGynLf3ET
inquire for ordering information here or to rubinsteindvm@aol.com
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27302 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Quote:
On Jan 25, 2024, fonda57 wrote:
Great. Stuck in a physical rehab place after the hospital and no coins to play with! Cards are fun, sure, but me want coins. Oh well, I will roll up tissues and pretend. Smile

Recover soon.
Any chance you might use the time to practice the cups trick? Dixie cups and balled up tissues (a drop of water helps to keep them together) are good for practice.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
fonda57
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
3079 Posts

Profile of fonda57
That will now be on my agenda Smile
Mitchael
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of Mitchael
Half of all Coin Magic is pretending to have a coin. I find that the real ellegance comes from the appearance that a coin is in the hand, the whole hand appears as if it realistically is holding a coin. So you have no coin... practice pretending to have a coin. Oh wait, does anone else do this? My One coin goes where I go, always. When this subtly is achieved, you can have the coin in the hand or not, but even you rewatching the video cannot tell. Record yourself placing or not placing the coin in your hand. Then reveal the truth. Record yourself placing the coin in your hand or not, but decide by flipping a coin. Record 50 or 100 performances. Randomly either putting the coin in your hand or not. You will not remember the sequence. Try to fool yourself consistently, be honest with yourself and mark guesses as guesses. When you honestly don't know what you are doing... you have arrived. Next stop it just happens all by itself. Be True. And get better soon fellow Coin guru!
fonda57
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
3079 Posts

Profile of fonda57
I'm gonna pretend like I am doing a three coins across from Mr, Rubinstein's book. It's fun
fonda57
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
3079 Posts

Profile of fonda57
Might get to go to the coffee shop tomorrow, where everyone knows my name. Which means I can get some halves. Think I will start with Roth's chink a chink and follow with Dean Dill's Peter Mooeys brainstorm.weird title, I know, but good effect. Than Dill's No Extras.The who knows what?
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9538 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Nice to get out to a coffee shop. You might give this one a try, I’ve mentioned it before…just a perfect coffee shop effect using a coffee cup and a few coins. Fairly easy to learn and do, always with a bit of good practice. Smile

Have a wonderful day, my friend, and KMF. Smile

https://youtu.be/Su3QxcsLXSQ?si=GPT0oGPZ6KXfjBPj
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
GJo
View Profile
Loyal user
283 Posts

Profile of GJo
Quote:
On Jan 29, 2024, Mb217 wrote:
Nice to get out to a coffee shop. You might give this one a try, I’ve mentioned it before…just a perfect coffee shop effect using a coffee cup and a few coins. Fairly easy to learn and do, always with a bit of good practice. Smile

Have a wonderful day, my friend, and KMF. Smile

https://youtu.be/Su3QxcsLXSQ?si=GPT0oGPZ6KXfjBPj

Doug definitely wins the Speed Palming award.
fonda57
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
3079 Posts

Profile of fonda57
That was cool.
fonda57
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
3079 Posts

Profile of fonda57
John Carney does a coins to glass in Book of Secrets in which the coin lands in the glass the typical way, but he moves the hand back to a holding position by the time anyone looks at the glass.
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9997 Posts

Profile of funsway
In a cafe', I love to use coffee creamers. The top is the size of a half-dollar and coin Sleights can be used. It is also ball and C&B Sleights can be used.
If nothing else, do a two-in-hand, one in pocket effect.

A cup with a handle allows for Sleights not possible with a traditional ones.

You can do a Benson bowl type routine with jelly packets and Matrix with salt packets and napkins.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3530 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Absolutely love the checkers idea, Ken.

I've seen a really good matrix done with bottle caps as well.
*due to the editorial policies here, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
fonda57
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
3079 Posts

Profile of fonda57
Great ideas, thanks. Sugar packets and thumb tip are fun, too.
mindhunter
View Profile
Inner circle
Upstate NY
2280 Posts

Profile of mindhunter
Quote:
On Jan 25, 2024, fonda57 wrote:

Someone in Chicago bring this man a care-package, please!...lol
Smile

Bryn
Bryn D. Reynolds, Author of:
"The Safwan Papers" & "The LOGAR Scrolls" Mentalism ebooks - PM any interest.
My artwork: https://darkmountainarts.com