The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Lights...camera...action! :: "Ticket for One" - Review (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
r1z08
View Profile
Inner circle
1158 Posts

Profile of r1z08
I recently had the chance to sit down and watch "Ticket for One" from Zak Mirz. This a performance that was filmed in front of a live audience and can be found on YouTube.

The show is just over half an hour and is filled with stage pieces that are well crafted around a very personal story about Zak's life. I don't want to give any of the details away because there's a really great "Aha!" moment that I believe will catch you off guard. The tricks in the show are great, but for me, the real magic is Zak himself. Zak is charismatic, playful and just plain loveable as he weaves his story around demonstrations that are sure to entertain and delight you.

I remember sitting down with Michael Weber years ago and him telling me that "YOU are what the audience comes to see. The tricks are supplements to the story and not the story itself." This show is a great example of this ideology.

I know there are plethora of things out there on the internet that are just begging for all of our attention, but I urge you to set aside some time to give this show a watch. I promise that it will be worth your while. With that, here is your "Ticket for One": https://youtu.be/pIFUmT8Oz4o?si=CXTTBQP6yMaPmzTl

Enjoy!